Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A simple solution to a complicated problem
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author A simple solution to a complicated problem
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-27 22:57   
just a question to Faustus . How many active players did Darkspace have between .480 and .481 ,also how many does Darkspace have now? The answer could explain everything....

fearlessjay™
Cadet

Posted: 2008-02-27 23:56   
heres a reason there is upgradeing 1) ppl dont get there ass kicked every sec some 1 spawns a ship and some 1 wit bigger ships can easily kill 2) it wuld make it a lil challenging to kill some 1 or do something instea of every just quiting quickly and 3)unmodded ships suk
I CON ZPELL GOOD SHAWDUP!

Email fearlessjay™   Goto the website of fearlessjay™
Monkey (USF Exodus)
Fleet Admiral
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2008-02-28 10:47   
in response - big thing should be able to kick anything smallers ass, not the other way around... destroyer kills dreadnought? only if the dessie pilot is A LOT better than the dreadnoughts pilot.
also with correct numbers, e.g. a 'pack' of destroyers, they shud be able to easily take down a dread. this makes the game more dependant on teamwork rather than how gud someone is at seeing the combination of guns which kills someones armour fastest wen put on an ed/pd/any other unbalanced ship

online games (in general) rely on a careful balance between the respective sides. while some rely on brute force (e.g. UGTO), others rely on heavy shields and armour for staying in combat (e.g. ICC) and other rely on hit and run tactics (e.g. Kluth). the theory is, that each sides technology reflects their 'style'. Unbalanced ships (e.g ED, i use this as an example because it is the most unbalanced ship in my experience) takes the brute force of the UGTO and the heavy shielding of the ICC and combines them into a very powerful ship, thus destroying the very careful balance of the game. removing the ability for people to combine the two approaches to combat rebalances the game a great deal.

I can see the other side of this arguement, in some cases modding can be a good thing. WHs on command dreads, fighter bombing, neutron bombing, jump drives and all the rest without modding, these wouldnt happen.
however, i believe that overall balance is more important than convenience.

i can also the the staff's side of this. It is very difficult to enforce with a lot of the staff dedicated to getting 484 on the move.

the point of this post was never an 'instruction' like, this is what u must do. it was a suggestion (theres NEVER any harm in making a constructive suggestion). i gave the information i thought was relevent for people to make up their own minds. If anything like this was to ever happen. the total support of the community is needed to assist the staff.

just my views.
sam

Email Monkey (USF Exodus)   Goto the website of Monkey (USF Exodus)
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-28 22:29   
well yer gonna be screwed in 484 jay....because upgrading is no longer an option XD

Email GothThug {C?}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.008842 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR