No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sol, or how it affects gameplay.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Sol, or how it affects gameplay.
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-02-28 19:35   
Right, right. So guys, lay off of the faction (and person) bashing for a moment, will you? It seems that I was too concerned, and that the factions just need some time to organize and all that, and UGTO just had a moment of silence. UGTO came back with a 9 man team against which our 3 man defense had no use, and I refused to further fight: Kanman knows why.

However, this was not meant as a thread where we bash eachother's factions, arguing which one is being the most unfair. Each faction has good players, each faction has bad players. I've held myself to the side in most of these internets politics threads since ALWAYS, but not when it's in -my- thread.

I'd appreciate it if people'd now let this thread die, since it's purpose has been served and I do not want it to become host to another useless on-board conflict.

Purple
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-28 19:52   
Quote:

On 2008-02-28 19:35, Bardiche wrote:
Right, right. So guys, lay off of the faction (and person) bashing for a moment, will you? It seems that I was too concerned, and that the factions just need some time to organize and all that, and UGTO just had a moment of silence. UGTO came back with a 9 man team against which our 3 man defense had no use, and I refused to further fight: Kanman knows why.

However, this was not meant as a thread where we bash eachother's factions, arguing which one is being the most unfair. Each faction has good players, each faction has bad players. I've held myself to the side in most of these internets politics threads since ALWAYS, but not when it's in -my- thread.

I'd appreciate it if people'd now let this thread die, since it's purpose has been served and I do not want it to become host to another useless on-board conflict.

i think the only person here bashing is coeus...kanman is simply defending our name.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-28 20:13   
The first post in over 2 weeks that I feel compelled to respond to. As I have only been playing for just over 4 years, and only have versions 482, 483, and the last 4 months of 481 to use as my guide, let me first tell those who have been around longer than me "Hush".

Quote:

On 2008-02-28 15:36, Bardiche wrote:
I assume we all know of the present situation. At present, Sol is under the stale grip of the ICC: In vain, UGTO sometimes mounts an assault, only to find themselves incapable of completely retaking Sol, either due to time issues or other matters.

Darkspace Metaverse perhaps Is, always has been, and always will be, a Vicious Cycle. I have in my time here seen UGTO, ICC, and Kluth control not only other "Home Systems" but the entire MV for several days, and even sevreal weeks at a time. The "reasons" for this"incapability of completely retaking" are both various and understandable, but by and large the REALITY of why it is a Vicious Cycle is always the same, and quite simple.

The "Losing" Faction simply grows weary of getting its ass handed to them daily and the "Winning" faction grows Weary of "Using the MV and a Chat room" which is what happens when one faction controls most or all of the MV for any length of time. Next thing you know the Tables have turned and the "winning" faction is no in possession of 2 or 3 planets, and saying "wtf?"

Quote:
Now, don't get me wrong. I am quite fine with boasting the ICC egos by taking Sol. It does make a nifty point. "We have your home system, haha."

I don't...and you should be. However your statement "We have your home system, haha." with regards to SOL is merely a product of safezones.

In my brief experience with 1.481 the MV was roughly evenly controlled and anything above 6 players in the MV at any given time was "OMG theirs and Armada in the MV!!" Over the course of 482, and through out 483 until the institution of the Safezones Barnards Star was The UGTO's HOME system and I would venture a guess that once 484 finally releases that belief will likely return. On the other side of this coin, Epsilon Ind was ICC "Home system" and depending on Version (482, 483) Kluth held Delta P and or Nicea dear. Sure, The storyline goes Sol, CD, and Sirius. but the Reality was and is that these 3 systems are perhaps 3 of the 5 MOST Easy to capture/Hardest to defend .....regardless of faction. It was commonplace to see invasions of Sol, CD, and Sirius go largely ignored while merely Open a Worm hole in Barnards, DP, or Epsi Ind and you would be met by a huge defense force before you could even manage to enter your own Wormhole.

Today? Who cares? You CAN NOT capture the 2 planets in the Safezones so...WHO CARES? Sol is the UGTO "Home System" simply because 1) that is the storyline, and 2) That's where the safezones were put.

Quote:
But from what I've learned from the lobby

WHY are you listening the THEM?! They never play.

Quote:
But I want this situation resolved, really: To me, it isn't fun knowing my actions deter others from playing

Ah. The very reason I have more than one account and the main reason I disbanded my Fleet and am now fleetless. Watch me closely when I am in the MV, you'll notice I always play on the "Losing Faction"

Quote:
My suggestion would be, though I wonder how much the other ICC agree with me, that the ICC falls back to Epsilion Caranie (and K'luth to follow this example), and allow UGTO to re-take all their systems up to R33 (yes, that includes Barnard's Star), as well enabling them the time and opportunity to rebuild their clusters and prepare themselves to fend the ICC off again.

Foolishness. Give it time. ICC will run out of planets to Bomb/Build, get tired of having nobody to fight, become bored with Chatting in MV and log to the lobby only to return to find either Kluth, or UGTO now control it all.

Vicious Cycle remember?

Quote:
Of course, I could be entirely wrong, and UGTO's motto of "It's fun being on the low end of things and still winning" still holds true:

Not entirely wrong but...you're close to it. Generally UGTO players (those who play UGTO exclusively) are intent ONLY on combat, and will stay in game for hours, even days on end if there is steady combat and only take planets for resupply and repair reasons, resorting to Capturing systems ONLY after combat dies down and Boredom sets in.

Quote:
So in this thread, if possible, I'd like to discuss why the UGTO has mostly stopped playing, and what we all, as a community, can do to ensure everyone has a good time playing this game (even if, sometimes, you're going to have to give something in return to get something: i.e. give up Sol to get fun again.)

They haven't stopped Playing. Just continue as you have. Play your best, Play by the Rules of Conduct, and try not to get too upset when you wake tomorrow to find UGTO Camping ICC's Safezone.....as long as they are 5000 gu away it's ok...and you deserve it.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-28 20:19   
Reasons UGTO dont bother to go in the MV

1. ICC use ED's to counteract the dicters
2. ICC Outnumber the UGTO 5-1
3. ICC use Torpedo Modded MD's and Missle Cruisers for easy kills on EAD's
4. ICC Take Unfair Advantage over the UGTO at NIGHT when everyone in the US is still asleep or unsubbed or like this I.E update has effected Everyone
5. some of us dont give a rats ass if you ICC or Kluth mirv our home system flat and take it that way because well...its 483....everythings easy....

6. Overconfidence in UGTO
7. well Organised ICC Veterns know how to overpower UGTO n00bs
8. its pointless
9. Refer to 1-4
10. Refer to 5-8 XD

now i dont know what the hell UGTO are doing but im surprised you ICC have the brass stones to hold our home system AGAIN after 2 weeks

just letting you guys know....theres a storm coming....who will it hit first?

Email GothThug {C?}
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-28 20:22   
Quote:

On 2008-02-28 19:07, Coeus {TB} wrote:

*deep breath*

UGTO don't come away from planet unless they outnumber the enemy 2-1 at least.
UGTO don't engage with anything other than BDs and PDs 75% of the time.
UGTO are the first to dictor, first to PD, first to planet camp, first to whine, first to beacon, first to run, first to MIRV, first to gank, and the last to ever let someone whose bugged go free.
UGTO are cowards and newbies and horrible pilots.

Did I miss anything? Oh right!

UGTO do all of this... with the most powerful pound-for-pound ships in the game. Hell, if it weren't for arc bug they'd also be unkillable.

You forgot something.

ICC don't come away from planet unless they outnumber the enemy 2-1 at least.
ICC don't engage with anything other than HCs and EDs 75% of the time.
ICC are the first to dictor, first to PD, first to planet camp, first to whine, first to beacon, first to run, first to MIRV, first to gank, and the last to ever let someone whose bugged go free.
ICC are cowards and newbies and horrible pilots.

ICC do all of this... with the most Bugged pound-for-pound ships in the game. Hell, if it weren't for Shield bug they wouldn't be unkillable.

oh and lets not forget.

Kluth don't come away from planet unless they outnumber the enemy 2-1 at least.
Kluth don't engage with anything other than Scales and Mandys 75% of the time.
Kluth are the first to dictor, first to planet camp, first to whine, first to run, first to MIRV, first to gank, and the last to ever let someone whose bugged go free.
Kluth are cowards and newbies and horrible pilots.

Kluth do all of this... with the only cloaking ships in the game. Hell, if it weren't for Beacons they would be unkillable.

That said...

KEEP THE FLAMING IN THIS TOPIC TO A NON-EXSISTANT LEVEL PLEASE

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-28 21:00   
wow...feral hit the nail on the head lulz XD

Email GothThug {C?}
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-02-28 21:03   
Feral plays about as much as you do nub... rofl

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-28 22:06   
Quote:

On 2008-02-28 21:03, Coeus {TB} wrote:
Feral plays about as much as you do nub... rofl

I spend enough time in game.

Thorn
Admiral

You just don't know, how much.

Don't mess with old dudes...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

Aslan
1st Rear Admiral

Or under what name.

A Drunk Squrriel
2nd Rear Admiral

Or what faction.

Foamy The Squirrel
Ensign

Posted: 2008-02-28 22:07   
or what server.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-28 22:08   
I may or may not be playing/logged into at any given time.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-28 22:08   
Spam? lulz XD

Email GothThug {C?}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.020809 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR