Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » News Report {UGTO} (3-9-08)
 Author News Report {UGTO} (3-9-08)
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-09 01:34   

Breaking News

Today, an ambassidor of the ICC braved the territory of UGTO under the flag of diplomacy. UGTO, eager to end its internal struggle and focus more directly on the 'K'Luth issue', welcomed the Emmisary. Many veteran officers of the UGTO armada did not like restraining themselves to let an ICC vessel pass, but each and every one of them did follow their orders.

The ICC ambassidor arrived at Venus to dock with the Command Station orbitting the planet. Construction was under way on the planet, but no defense platforms were in place, making it a diplomatically neutral location wthin Sol to open channels of communication.

These transcripts of the diplomatic meeting have been released to the public:

"
UGTO Representative: Okay. Let's begin. The importation of ICC cheese in to UGTO territory must resume. Our Economy is suffering subtantially.

ICC Ambassidor: While we of the ICC understand your point of view, it is difficult for us to continue trade while we are at war, and while our innocent population at Grace is under constant threat of invasion and bombing.

UGTO Representative: UGTO check points will be set up between Lalande and Sol to inspect all cargo vessels for contraband. In return for the restoration of this product to our markets, we will permit you to keep sovereignty over Exathra when this rebellion is concluded.

ICC Ambassidor: Without undue insult, we believe Exathra will remain under our sovereignty regardless of the outcome of this war, and at present we do not think it wise to estimate who will emerge victorious in this war. As such, while we would like to re-establish trade routes of cheese, we cannot accept the current terms as it provides no direct returns for this re-establishment of trade routes.

UGTO Representative: We were hoping the incentive of higher profits on the cheese due to slow delivery through the inspection stations and its current scarcity would make you more agreeable on the matter.

ICC Ambassidor: A more fitting compromise, in our eyes, would be a complete ban of all UGTO vessels venturing farther than the Epsilion Caranie system into our territory. Emmisary and trade vessels, of course are excluded from this ban.

UGTO Representative: Epsilion Caranie! That is an insult! We have the right to rule over all of our territory, including the farstars! We will not cede control of over half of that territory to a bunch of rebels!

ICC Ambassidor: As we are sure UGTO must be aware, Delta Pavonis is our primary producer of cheese. Compromising the safety of this systems would compromise the production of cheese. As much as we would like to refrain from insults, the Interstellar Cultural Confederation will not back down should an invasion of Delta Pavonis occur. This is the basis of our terms that vessels do not enter beyond Epsilion Caranie.

UGTO Representative: We would be willing to cease all incursions beyond Tau Ceti, but closer than that would divide families from their loved ones on the frontier.

ICC Ambassidor: Unfortunately, that is unacceptable. Many voices within the ICC refuse to hand over our cheese, even through high profit trade, and as such we cannot hope to persuade them with such a measly offer.

UGTO Representative: That is unfortunate indeed, for I am not authorized to cede any more territory than I have already offered. Let us move to another topic. The K'Luth Invasion. UGTO has lost millions of lives this year alone to these alien monsters. What news have you from your scientists on advanced sensors technology for seeing past their cloaking devices?

ICC Ambassidor: At the moment, we are fighting the K'Luth off of our worlds in much the same way are must be fighting them off yours. We have increased beacon production, but have yet to determine a means of detecting them directly.

UGTO Representative: Not to brag, but UGTO has streamlined beacon production and increased their power supply to last longer. Our scientists are also investigating a new detection method called 'Vacuum Sound' to track cloaked vessels. It is still in its preliminary stages. For a price, we may keep you in the loop on this new techology.

ICC Ambassidor: Many of our officers returning from combat have reported seeing UGTO and K'Luth fleets acting as one, coordinating and working together in attacks on our innocent worlds. We find such a thing concerning.

UGTO Representative: This is true, Ambassidor. K'Luth representatives have contacted us in the past and short lived ceasefires were forged. We never discovered the advantage for the K'Luth, but it bought us time to fortify our cities before the next wave of bombers came for our worlds.

ICC Ambassidor: Many of the ICC people are coming to believe that UGTO has sold out humanity to the K'Luth with secret alliances to make a few men at the top of your government wealthy and powerful.

UGTO Representative: This simply is not the case. We have always acted in the best interests of our loyal citizens. On some occations we have traded intel on ICC worlds in exchange for delayed or canceled attacks on ours, but the High Command views it as the ICC people forfeited their lives when they chose to rebel in the first place.
"

Although the discussions were meant to be private for the time being, it seems the ICC Ambassidor was transmitting the communications to a nearby fleet of ICC vessels in Sol. The Vessels were there as a safe-gaurd for the Ambassidor, should the UGTO fleet suddenly turn on it. It seems that last remark by the UGTO Representative put an untrained ICC pilot's temper over the edge. He attacked the station. The Ambassidor was quickly rushed from the station and his vessel permitted to depart, in an effort to continue diplomatic talks in the future. The station then turned on the ICC attacker.

Although UGTO was taking a chance, putting a station alone by an undefended world, it was not without planning. A small fleet of UGTO vessels was standing by, just like the ICC fleet. They jumped in to defend the station at once, and did so admirably. Several of the ICC vessels were destroyed, and defense platforms were quickly constructed on Venus to prevent continued attacks.

As for the future of these diplomatic talks, and what it could mean for the end of the rebellion, only time will tell.

[ This Message was edited by: Kanman *FC* on 2008-03-09 10:25 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-09 01:47   
The question remains... Can you trust what the press writes?

PS: All of this -really- happened... But I wouldn't trust what the press writes to be 100% accurate, because the truth is different...

[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2008-03-09 02:09 ]

Redemption (Angel of Light)
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2008-03-09 06:56   
wow reading this was one big holy waste of time. and wow you ugto love kissing ass about yourselves on every little and insignificant victory and forget that before all this we killed 4 of you with less people and you ran until most loged off after boredom.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Redemption on 2008-03-09 06:59 ]

Email Redemption (Angel of Light)   Goto the website of Redemption (Angel of Light)
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-09 09:32   
w...t...f

I have ordered the K'Luth council to purchase a mass quanity of crackers and knives. We will watch your gates and beat up your transport ships carrying cheese like a senior in high school stealing a freshmans lunch money. Then there will be a feast of Luthie Lager and cheese cracker sandwiches.

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-03-09 09:48 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-09 10:26   
Quote:

On 2008-03-09 06:56, Fatal Redemption wrote:
wow reading this was one big holy waste of time. and wow you ugto love kissing ass about yourselves on every little and insignificant victory and forget that before all this we killed 4 of you with less people and you ran until most loged off after boredom.

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2008-03-09 10:26 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-09 11:28   
Quote:

Dude. What? ... I don't recall if you were there when Kanman and I did this roleplay, but it was sort of set up beforehand Kan would make a post like this. Can't help it some of the ICC jumped in and got killed by the UGTO, and of course the press (as it is roleplayed) would report such.

Chill, mate.

Also, we need to set up a meeting between the K'luth and an emissary from both UGTO as well as ICC. It should be... Most interesting.

Dkm
Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-09 13:02   
Quote:

"you ugto" .......... speaking like you were ICC forever dude.... Bard has a point there .... chill ...peace....

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-09 13:46   
atleast theres peace talks goin on....im proud of you both kan and bard XD

Email GothThug {C?}
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-03-09 14:09   
The ICC Security Council officially takes responsibility and indeed, is proud of its actions in defending the spirit of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation against the outrageous and preposterous demands. It was the C.S.S. Morningstar an undermanned Combat Destroyer long overdue for a refit which was first into the battle to defend the unarmed Ambassador's ship.

The UGTO did once more discover that the Confederation's heart is not something to be trifled with, for even outnumbered three to one (typical of the UGTO's sense of "honor"!) the Morningstar managed to severely damage an enemy Torpedo Cruiser.

And finally, let it be known that the ICC will never - I repeat will never surrender our cheese!

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
DarkInterceptor
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-09 18:23   
Quote:

On 2008-03-09 14:09, Coeus {TB} wrote:
The ICC Security Council officially takes responsibility and indeed, is proud of its actions in defending the spirit of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation against the outrageous and preposterous demands. It was the C.S.S. Morningstar an undermanned Combat Destroyer long overdue for a refit which was first into the battle to defend the unarmed Ambassador's ship.

The UGTO did once more discover that the Confederation's heart is not something to be trifled with, for even outnumbered three to one (typical of the UGTO's sense of "honor"!) the Morningstar managed to severely damage an enemy Torpedo Cruiser.

And finally, let it be known that the ICC will never - I repeat will never surrender our cheese!

it wasnt 3 on 1 it was 3 on 3 and you got spanked get over it

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-03-09 19:17   
Wow, way to kill the spirit of the thread newb...

Beat the snot outa you well enough while taking a pounding from the station & TC, and it was 3v1 then it was 3v3 then 3v1 again as I was the first in & last out.

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-09 23:24   
.........epic

Latrodectus
Captain

Posted: 2008-03-12 15:07   
Dont you just love negotiations?

An event like this will only further the war. And i must say, the k'luth cant be trusted...if we try to "become freinds" eventually they will turn on us. so my suggestion is ally with the icc. so neither of us have to fight a war on two fronts.

By the way, i command a transport. so if im attacked because you have an obsession with cheese. you will regret your decission.

DarkInterceptor
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-12 20:20   
Quote:

On 2008-03-09 19:17, Coeus {TB} wrote:
Wow, way to kill the spirit of the thread newb...

Beat the snot outa you well enough while taking a pounding from the station & TC, and it was 3v1 then it was 3v3 then 3v1 again as I was the first in & last out.

dont you mean last to die

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-03-12 20:23   
Cleaning out the garage of an unused combat destroyer by throwing it repetedly at QSTs... more fun than the remove button

I made more prestige off of hitting your hull than I lost for that tub too! Hahaha

Page created in 0.023189 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR