Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » "With great power comes great responsibility"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author "With great power comes great responsibility"
Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-15 10:31   
I proceed to slap thou in thy face..

lol, no time for fools asking for advice but wanting a fight, now you proceed with physical threats, my my.... if your friends are anything like you we dont need them, but if they want to play the game you need to let them know that they need to let stuff roll off their back, unlike yourself, for instance..... I dont understand, ask for advice, flame when its given.

END

@ Sar Well put..

EDIT Prosecuting Attorney, that right, what i meant to say, never proof read my post, and was pretty drunk, lol.

And remember try to have fun, and dont take things so seriuously, jeez louise, holy moley and a dippidy do da day, lol.

[ This Message was edited by: Fuji Hakayito on 2008-03-15 10:38 ]

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-03-15 14:16   
[quote]
On 2008-03-15 10:31, Fuji Hakayito wrote:

And the slap missed. Poor eyesight?
DMC-13

[quote]
lol, no time for fools asking for advice but wanting a fight, now you proceed with physical threats, my my....

Obviously you read way too much into what I write and once again you have misinterpeted my statements. Could it be from the poor eyesight?
DMC-13

[quote]
if your friends are anything like you we dont need them, but if they want to play the game you need to let them know that they need to let stuff roll off their back, unlike yourself, for instance.....

Now this is exactly the type of attitude I was talking about in my post which proves me right. Did you misread the part where I said it was my little 12 yr old brother and his friend along with the fact that it happened in the Lobby? And now you're making an assumption about my character. Because of poor eyesight?
DMC-13

[quote]
I dont understand, ask for advice, flame when its given.

Well, you're right. You don't understand. It seems trying to explain it to you is pointless. I don't recall asking you for advice but thanks anyway. You're wrong if you think I'm angry from what I write. Poor eyesight again?
DMC-13

[quote]
EDIT Prosecuting Attorney, that right, what i meant to say, never proof read my post, and was pretty drunk, lol.

Oh, ok. I understand now. That explains the attitude. I apologize for thinking you suffer from poor eyesight when actually it's shortsightedness.
DMC-13

[quote]
And remember try to have fun, and dont take things so seriuously, jeez louise, holy moley and a dippidy do da day, lol.

Not a problem. I do have fun and plan on having lot's more fun. I thought this little debate was fun at first but I now see it's starting to get personal for the both of us. I'm sure that you'll want to get the last word in so please, be my guest. I won't be responding to anymore of your replies. It's not because I'm angry (which I'm not) or anything like that. I've just come to the realization that it's pointless to continue this topic with you. It's time to end this battle of wit's. We both have mutual friends who are seriously involved with DarkSpace. Their names are /report, alt +t and chat log. Well my friend, I have no animosity towards you and if you perceive any threat's from what I've written, I apoligize. It was never my intention. So with all of that being said, I hope you have a nice day and maybe we'll run into each other in the MetaVerse.

Sincerely, DMC-13

[small][ This Message was edited by: DMC-13 on 2008-03-15 14:25 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: DMC-13 on 2008-03-15 14:34 ]

Email DMC-13
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-03-16 02:11   
Very interesting post, DMC. Very nice points as well. Unfortunately, this is the internet. You can put up all the rules you like, but short of a nazi-like enforcement, you will still have to deal with the smacktard population. The anonymity of the internet allow people to make as big of an ass of themselves as they want, without the threat of a fist to the face. Of course this condition also allows for far more constructive use as well, but thats a different topic. That'd be the cause. As for the cure, short of simply removing these elements, you're going to have to unfortunately put up with the crap. Since the admins and mods can't be always be watching, they rely on players to be a sort of "3rd eye" so to speak. /report was created for that reason.
Unfortunately, without a "big brother" stepping up and putting an end to such situations, they tend to spiral out of control... and by that point, the damage is done. Sure the guy that did it will probably get disciplined or even expelled for it, its simply too late in coming. Repeated offenses get these people removed, but some space out their conduct enough to escape the radar. The only real solution I see for this part would be the removal of the chat room! and that simply isn't an acceptable solution, in my opinion.
As for who I am... I am the Ghost of Tellaris! Wishing GCQL was fixed, because I'm too lazy to uninstall the windows update.
It would really be great, though, if people could take the responsibility for their own actions... but thats also for a different topic as well. It'd just make things easier, I think.

Note, I did a cursory read of the posts here, if I reiterated what was already said... oh well, its probably worth repeating.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Tellaris on 2008-03-16 02:11 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Tellaris on 2008-03-16 02:13 ]

Hellza - master
Cadet

Posted: 2008-03-16 03:18   
Good post DMC, I see nothing at which anyone 'should' get offended at.

1. you just looking out for your little bro, an his friend.
2. you didnt flame anyone personal.
3. your choice of words an how you placed them, very well done.
4. your post is 100% vaild.

I do agree with Sard as well with the new players coming over time, all our time helping them out. teaching them the game. end up using it to their advantage, instead of being a great an well regarded player. end up becoming someone which one doesnt like.

on my case, I do beg my apologie if you felt offended by anything I had said in Lobby an MV wise. I am never affraid to help a new comer if they request it whilst I have time. I do hope I was not making you feel inferrior with my pressence.

One thing I do try to make everyone know, nearly everything I do say is
Humour,playing around. not having ago at anyone. I do try to make sure others know to. I pay to play here, an I amhere to have fun . i love to joke around, an most of the time I will make sure that one isnt taking offence to it. if they do, I stop straight away an excuss my apology.

I dont look for fights, but I will stand up for someone, or darkspace if i see inhuman actions. cause its not needed. we all here for a good time, so why not have a good time?.

well there's my two cents.

~Hellza

P.S just relised, I was meaning to add

And since my star sign in a Leo, I have alot of ego . I love giving cheek to the other factions but in a fun way, not a bad way ^^

[ This Message was edited by: Hellza on 2008-03-16 04:40 ]

Email Hellza - master
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-03-16 07:13   
*walks quietly over to Draf*

*SWIPE*

My pool noodle.

*walks away*

-Dem

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-16 17:47   
[quote]
On 2008-03-15 14:16, DMC-13 wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-03-15 10:31, Fuji Hakayito wrote:

And the slap missed. Poor eyesight?
DMC-13

[quote]
lol, no time for fools asking for advice but wanting a fight, now you proceed with physical threats, my my....

Obviously you read way too much into what I write and once again you have misinterpeted my statements. Could it be from the poor eyesight?
DMC-13

[quote]
if your friends are anything like you we dont need them, but if they want to play the game you need to let them know that they need to let stuff roll off their back, unlike yourself, for instance.....

Now this is exactly the type of attitude I was talking about in my post which proves me right. Did you misread the part where I said it was my little 12 yr old brother and his friend along with the fact that it happened in the Lobby? And now you're making an assumption about my character. Because of poor eyesight?
DMC-13

[quote]
I dont understand, ask for advice, flame when its given.

Well, you're right. You don't understand. It seems trying to explain it to you is pointless. I don't recall asking you for advice but thanks anyway. You're wrong if you think I'm angry from what I write. Poor eyesight again?
DMC-13

[quote]

Oh, ok. I understand now. That explains the attitude. I apologize for thinking you suffer from poor eyesight when actually it's shortsightedness.
DMC-13

Quote:

Not a problem. I do have fun and plan on having lot's more fun. I thought this little debate was fun at first but I now see it's starting to get personal for the both of us. I'm sure that you'll want to get the last word in so please, be my guest. I won't be responding to anymore of your replies. It's not because I'm angry (which I'm not) or anything like that. I've just come to the realization that it's pointless to continue this topic with you. It's time to end this battle of wit's. We both have mutual friends who are seriously involved with DarkSpace. Their names are /report, alt +t and chat log. Well my friend, I have no animosity towards you and if you perceive any threat's from what I've written, I apoligize. It was never my intention. So with all of that being said, I hope you have a nice day and maybe we'll run into each other in the MetaVerse.

Sincerely, DMC-13

[ This Message was edited by: DMC-13 on 2008-03-15 14:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DMC-13 on 2008-03-15 14:34 ]

how is this anything BUT flaming, shortsightedness, eyesight????? .... Ok, sry, YOU will change the community, YOU will stop the flaming and other BS..........

pfft

No, you wont, I simply tell you that you need to let it roll off your back, cuz another whaa whaa post wont change it. It doesnt require a sarcastic desconstuction of my post. If you belive there is anything else to do than let it roll off your back then go for it.

You'll learn

We've seen these posts b4, I agree ppl should be nicer, but yeah... they wont be so live with it, sry if you can't handle it.

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-16 18:24   
Hypacrite....
Bard,
Shooting my dsycnced crusier twice, after i let u off in the same situation 2 days ago at Mars....

dont matter if you write a 20 page dicertation, you dont practice what u preach.

Cordial my rear.

DM
why u paying $10 to play w/ urself, dont get u mate...
get outta the kiddy pool, dont care if you rack up 2million pres building. your still a midshipman untill youre flying with ur fleet in combat.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-16 18:47   
I don't recall posting anything in this thread beside agreeing with DMC, so I fail to see why you need to call me out in this thread.

I try to practice what I "preach" as much as I can, but as I'm only human, I cannot possibly always notice, "Hey... That guy's de-synched. I should stop firing missiles at him because he cannot move." No one's perfect, and I never claimed to be so. As such, I make errs in judgement as any human does, and in the heat of battle I do fail to notice people are de-synched or lagging, especially when the same applies to me. If I went by that, I'd not fight in the MV at all anymore and stick to building.

Now if you have any other beefs with me, please, try the PM function. It's a lot easier than calling me out in a thread that is totally irrelevant to both me and my fleet, as well as what I am hoping to achieve.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-03-16 20:26   
keep it civil folks. if the flame brigade shows up, you'll have to find somewhere else to post.

DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-03-17 01:15   
Tellaris, or should I say Ghost of Tellaris. Thanks for the insight about the anonymity of the Internet and how some people use it to make a complete a..hole of themselves, which is very unfortunate. All of the points that you mentioned are all valid topics and I agree, should be in another post. I sincerely hope that you can find the time or energy to roll back the windows security update.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hellza, thank you so very much for understanding the point I was making in my post. Brother, never once did I feel offended from anything you said or did. As a matter of fact, I consider you to be one of the sincere, friendly, helpful people in this community that I've had the pleasure to meet. I'll fly supply for you anytime you need it and that's a promise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demorian, was that your pool noodle I was slapped with? Very tasty indeed.

1stRA Rick Hunter, In answer to your question, I feel that Admiral is a good place for me to develop the skills I need to be a competent and beneficial player so that when I go into mv, I won't do anything detrimental to whichever faction I join. Now I have gone into mv a few times and will be going there more often as my skills increase.

Bardiche, thanks for agreeing with me. I value your opinion very much and I'll fly with you, under your direction of course, anytime you want.

On a side note, I knew so and so just had to get the last word in. LOL. I won't be loosing any sleep over that and as Stan Lee says "nuff said".

Sincerely,

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-17 08:53   
Quote:

On 2008-03-13 00:56, DMC-13 wrote:
"With great power comes great responsibility"

I do know that as a member I can voice my opinion as I'm sure some of you will most definitely do after reading this. Some of you will find this post delightful, others will be annoyed, some might be enraged and others will feel indifferent about it. If I happen to offend anyone, please accept my most humble apology.

I don't know about the rest of you guys an gals, but i read that, got lazy, posted this and that was the end of it..... I do beleive that this song and dance has been sung and danced before, and lets face it, nothigns gona change, so y bother...? just play the game, and if people gang up on ya, the join a fleet, so when they mess with ya, they mess with your fleet.

anywhoo, my 2 sence,
H&S

DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-03-17 19:47   
Quote:

On 2008-03-17 08:53, Ham&Swiss {TB} wrote:

I don't know about the rest of you guys an gals, but i read that, got lazy, posted this and that was the end of it..... I do beleive that this song and dance has been sung and danced before, and lets face it, nothigns gona change, so y bother...? just play the game, and if people gang up on ya, the join a fleet, so when they mess with ya, they mess with your fleet.

anywhoo, my 2 sence,
H&S

Well Ham and Swiss, yes I did write that at the beginning of my post and it seems that you missed or skipped the middle (the reason for and the point of my post) because your two cents refers to a statement that I made at the end of my post which, as I had told Naklier Pom and I Quote:

On 2008-03-13 01:34, NAKLIER POM wrote:
C'est la vie.

I highly doubt anyone important or anyone who matters would bother "ganging up" as you put it, on you or anyone else for that matter. If they do, self-explanatory.

Well, besides the fact that it's already happened quite a bit, (not complaining about it, I learned to develop more skill with each experience) I actually meant that as a joke.

DMC-13

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2008-03-17 20:08 ]

Email DMC-13
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-03-17 21:17   
DMC:

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-18 03:57   
oh god, the picture flames, wow DMC, i may not be here, physically to see whats happening but i do have logs, and i check them daily, and i dont remember seeing anyone flaming your brother, if i missed it, sorry, but yes, i myself have gone through the holier than thou elitist veterns and, well....didnt go so well , but yeah...keep your head up....it'll get better XD

Email GothThug {C?}
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-03-18 07:15   
$yTHe{JedEye}, nice one. LOL. I think there's a little something more than just a Windmill in your beard.

GothThug, thanks for the encouragement. So, it seems that I'm going down the same road that you've been on. Well, it'll take a lot more than a couple of pictures and a few flamed replies towards my post to get me down, know what I mean? Anyway, thanks again.

Sincerely,

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.029271 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR