- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +21.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC Squadron Bases; What?
 Author ICC Squadron Bases; What?
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-15 12:22   
Now as some of you know, I have recently become addicted to building. Whether the ICC and the UGTO are fighting, whether the K'luth are bombing Luyten or whether the MIR are plagueing the systems, sometimes I just forget about all the conflict and quietly build away while reading my favorite books.

Now as a builder, I like to experiment. No planet can defend itself, but if possible I'd like to build one that could, possibly defend itself. So I experiment. Level 3 bases, level 2 bases, trying to maximize the amount of guns and the def rating.

And then I stumble on a discovery. Whenever my planets get bombed, I like to open the navmap, zoom in and cam one of my defensive structures or the planet itself. So I cammed some fighters I had built on a planet with 8 Squadron Bases.

To my absolute bewilderment... The fighters launched, flew at the enemy that was, at that point, 800gu away... Flew over him... Circled him... Circled him again... Returned to base.

Suffice to say at this point I wonder what the hell is up with the Squadron bases, and why the fighters are so inept at defending their own families.

Deadly Assassin
Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-15 12:37   
Well first of all, if youve ever used a dread or guppy youll no that if your really close to an enemy and you fire some type of fighters, they fly over...circle...and attack if theyre at the right distance...Fighters cant shoot enemies if theyre smack bang infront of them, theyre long range...and besides you should mix planet def with both def bases and squad bases

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-03-15 12:39   
He.. just said... he was experimenting...

and ICC Fighter Base 3s double as defense bases - they have a pulse beam.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-15 12:39   
Oh, I've flown the Carrier Dreadnought, the Agincourt Carrier, the Carrier Cruiser and the Missile Dreadnought. Their fighters launch missiles from as close as 150gu~250gu. Sometimes, half the fighters don't do anything and fly forward, though....

And it's not about properly defending the planet! I built the squadron bases to check their usefulness and see how much damage they could do before the planet'd be bombed.

... 10%. A Guppy full-strike does 15%. >_>;

Page created in 0.009564 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR