No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Darkspace dead?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Darkspace dead?
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-03-15 21:21   
ever since the server move, there have been less people logging in, and less MV activity. i rarely see above 30 people in MV anymore. i just have seen less activity as a whole, rare is the lobby filled with the activity and lulz it used to have. Faustus, are you planning on saving your game from the brink of death? because the Death Knell is starting to ring...

[ This Message was edited by: leonide *EP5*(R33) on 2008-03-15 21:21 ]

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-15 21:24   
I agree, sadly.

Just really seems like Darkspace has hit the lowest it's ever been, and doesnt seem like theres much left for it.

I'm willing to stick around here until the end, though.

Email Supertrooper
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-15 21:59   
You do realize the number of servers used for the MV has cut back? Nowadays, there's usually four, five players on at any given time. Granted, not much, but it's better than one or two, three.

Also, funny fact: Threads like these deter new players from signing up as it gives off a vibe of the game coming to an end. Who'd want to sign up for a game that's already at the end of it's course of life? Maybe you would; But others wouldn't!

UGTO and ICC still face off a lot. Planets switch owners a lot still. (Well, mostly limited to the Lala system where all the fighting's at.)

A simple fix to the problem of not seeing many on is to just log on. It's what I subscribed for: That simple +1 to the playercount. Sitting in the lobby mulling over how the game's dead doesn't do it for me.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-15 22:01   
Well, I think the big deterance to new players is the fact they cant even log into the lobby. Most of them wont bother to post an error in the forums.

And the MV hasnt really looked much different then when I looked at it earlier today (As I've looked at it every day), ICC control the majority while UGTO and K'luth have to fight for two or three systems (which are later bombed by ICC).

Email Supertrooper
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-15 22:24   
Quote:
And the MV hasnt really looked much different then when I looked at it earlier today (As I've looked at it every day), ICC control the majority while UGTO and K'luth have to fight for two or three systems (which are later bombed by ICC).

This is relevant to how the game is supposedly dying... How? Seeing as how Lalande switches ownership multiple times per day, I'd say MV is pretty -active-, rather than say it is dull and not changing.

Also, once new players DO manage to log into the lobby, what're they rewarded with? Vet players complaining development takes forever, that the game is dead and boring and talking of other games to play.

So I stand by my point. Threads like these aren't, at all, good for attracting new members: When the latest topics list includes a thread asking if Darkspace is dead, it does seem to make it a pertinent issue that there is no reason to subscribe as the game is dying anyway.

Do what you can for DS! Log into the MV, for all I care just idle around! Advertise it a little among friends, hand out your coupons to Midshipmen that might then go subscribe... Do something other than ask, "Lol is ds dead lol what we do?"

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-03-15 22:42   
you may shout the typical "posts like these deter"...well what i post is true. barely any people login to the lobby anymore, and i echo what crim said, the issue with the main lobby hurts the game more than my piddly little post. Bard, do you realise i have been with this game for 2 and 1/2 years, and the "DS is DYING" posts do nothing to deter? it's the actions of the Developers, and the speed of fixing issues that depends on the death of this game. and darkspace is in a major slowdown anyway, not actual death.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-15 22:44   
I tried doing all that, Bard.

I've been giving out coupons and trying to bring people to Darkspace, which they all left within a week, even with me and others trying to help them out.

But I cant honestly go to a friend and say 'Hey man, I've got this great game called Darkspace you could try."

Email Supertrooper
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-15 22:48   
Quote:
Bard, do you realise i have been with this game for 2 and 1/2 years, and the "DS is DYING" posts do nothing to deter?

And yet your posts deter me from subscribing, and make me feel as if I'm wasting my money on a game that, supposedly, is bound to die. For the longest time I've refused to subscribe because of these sort of attitudes.

You can't say these posts don't do anything to deter, because you can't think for other people. Neither can I, but my intuition tells me that if these sort of posts can get -me- down, then they can get others down as well. Maybe I over-react; Maybe the rest of the world doesn't care how often they get told that whatever they sign up to is spiralling down towards doom and isn't worth the effort anymore because the developers aren't doing anything and the main man doesn't care, or what have you for rumors flying around.

But it does get to me.

Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-03-16 12:08   
NO WORRIES! .484 is on its way!

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-16 12:46   
People are working on it. More than you may know. Instead of having another "cry like a baby thread" Why dont you go post some of those DS approved graphics about the internet. Have you ever heard of "street teams" for bands. Allot of metal bands have them. Its how a starting band or a band on a new label get people out to see shows and buy promos.

Why dont you try the same thing Leo. Its not like youn need permission. Here is a quastion, how many of you have a myspace/facebook account? Do any of you actually have DS graphic on your direct page? Hell, i got all my videos on mine and i get emails on it everyday asking what they are all about.

Stop whimpering like a 16 year old girl who isnt getting her way and try and DO something about it. All of you.

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-03-16 12:47 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-16 12:47   
It is important to always keep in mind that DS is many years old. Even when 484 is released, it may well be more fun and the number of players may well rise considerably. However, at the end of the day DS cannot live forever. It will reach its end and the servers will be turned off that one last time. I predict this to occur in the next 2 years. We might not like it, but that's the way it is.

The Developing must be sped up. I realize they are doing all they can as fast as they can, but it is either sooner or never at this rate of decine. We are near a critical threshold and if release isnt brought about in the next few months, it wont occur at all, and all the developing will have been for nothing.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2008-03-16 13:42   
To be honest guys... the reason the "Players Online" number seem lower is because when I removed some of the redundant servers that we didn't need anyway, it reduced the "Players Online" count as well...

The game servers connect to the same servers as the player's, so the counts include internal connections with the external connections.

-Faustus

Goto the website of Faustus
DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-16 13:47   
/me hides the fury of Faustus is comeing....
Quote:

On 2008-03-16 13:42, Faustus wrote:
To be honest guys... the reason the "Players Online" number seem lower is because when I removed some of the redundant servers that we didn't need anyway, it reduced the "Players Online" count as well...

The game servers connect to the same servers as the player's, so the counts include internal connections with the external connections.

-Faustus

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-16 13:50   
@leo @Crim @Kan,....... Agreed, hit the nail on the head, and i have been saying the same for a couple years now. "though it hasn't been heard" right now the increased decline is DEFINATLY due to the lack of a patch for the gcql, I personally dont uninstall updates, so I have to boot up vista so I can play ds on it, "which is a pain", and if 3-4 years for a patch is "as fast as they can do it" then once again..... OUTSOURCE, cuz you obviously cant handle it yourselves, and yes yes blah blah volenteers blah blah, we pay for it, so somebody is profiting, "if not now, certainly in the past" he is the one who needs to pay somebody to do something since he doesnt really seem to care anymore, I find it poor business to say ya ya keep giving me your money and there will be a patch in "2 weeks", borderlineing on fraud.

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-16 14:45   
reevs you know as well as anyone that fustus is working hard to releace the 484 the simple fact is it is not ready to be releaced. you dont want another 483 do you? no I didnt think so. Please people no more talk about the death of DarkSpace as DarkSpace is far from dead. It has many players that will return when 484 does come out. I am glad there takeing there time on the patch and getig all the kinks out of it before they releace it.

parden my spelling as i did not feel like useing spellcheck.

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023679 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR