Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Darkspace dead?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Darkspace dead?
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-16 16:37   
Faustus, if you read this, I will play till the last second of darkspace... Thank you for this amazing game that I love even though there are so many complaints. I have faith, and whether the end is near, or long, long away, I'll be here, having the time of my life. As for "borderlining on fraud", I'll consider my money the thanks for this game.

Also, just a little note, I think DS being sold in hardcopy does much for DS... I wouldn't be here if I didnt' randomly spot it in a bestbuy (or wherever) and think "hey, that game looks cool, I'll try it out".

Proud owner.
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7994/dsc00857mb3.jpg

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Xpli$it {CANADA} on 2008-03-16 16:38 ]

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-03-16 16:45   
man, X. you lucky FOOL! those are hard to come by!!

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-16 18:56   
Quote:

On 2008-03-16 12:46, Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) wrote:
People are working on it. More than you may know. Instead of having another "cry like a baby thread" Why dont you go post some of those DS approved graphics about the internet. Have you ever heard of "street teams" for bands. Allot of metal bands have them. Its how a starting band or a band on a new label get people out to see shows and buy promos.

So, you're saying you want us to bring people here so they can see all the flaws of the game, the low player numbers, and and the horrific latency issues? That'd gain very bad reputation for Darkspace.

Sorry, but I cant do that to Darkspace

Quote:

Stop whimpering like a 16 year old girl who isnt getting her way and try and DO something about it. All of you.

I guess I could dig up the logs from when you came into the lobby saying how Darkspace was a dead game, and how you didnt know why anyone would waste their time on it. I've done things to try and help, I've advertised it every chance I could, but when the people later tell me that the game had far too many gameplay issues and not enough players for any fun, I realised that they'd tell the same things to people who asked about Darkspace.

And Darkspin, you really shouldn't be posting here telling us that people are working on Darskpace, seeing how I saw you on the Infinity forums saying how Darkspace had failed and was dead.

Email Supertrooper
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-16 19:08   
Darkspace will Rise from the ashes again!

Email GothThug {C?}
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-16 19:20   
Shut up Goth.

Darkspace is not dead or dying. Darkspace is a part of many of us (active and inactive). It has been said that Darkspace is just a Hobby. That Darkspace is a small "underground" Community. It has a Cult following. If Darkspace were to shut down today ...it would live on forever in the hearts of many of us. Friendships have been formed, some that will last a lifetime. Many of us play other games online in addition to Darkspace, and invariably come together in those games. Darkspace is not "A Game" Darkspace is You. Darkspace is Me. Darkspace is a community. Darkspace will live until the last member of this community draws his or her last breath.

Hell....even Demorian still posts.

[ This Message was edited by: Feralwulf on 2008-03-16 19:21 ]

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-16 19:23   
Quote:

On 2008-03-16 16:45, leonide *EP5*(R33) wrote:
man, X. you lucky FOOL! those are hard to come by!!

And I wasn't even looking. I'm near toronto in Canada too, I wonder what the odds of me even being here are.

Fleet Admiral Busby
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-16 20:02   
i have to agree Darkspace is dieing i demand more cowbell!!!

Shadow Tav
Commander

Posted: 2008-03-16 21:09   
Look, I joined in 2005 and dug really deep into the game. I found the concepts and design to be really awesome. 2 weeks into the game though I noticed an increase in lag,bugs and lack of response to these issues not worth paying the monthy fees. I've seen more polished games online for free. But even to this day I still come back every month to check up on this game. It has so much potential but for some reason it isn't going where it should be going.

I still have high hopes for Darkspace.

Email Shadow Tav   Goto the website of Shadow Tav
kromaticorb
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2008-03-17 02:05   
you know, its topics like these that drive players (like me) away. the first thing i see when i come to a website and one of the latest topics is, "darkspace dead?" i don't even want to bother. i used to play dark age of camelot, EA bought it, and its slowly going downhill from there. do you dumb bastards have any idea how many people you probably have scared off? who cares if the game is bug-ridden or has bad lag. hell, it could just be your computer that has the lag. altho for some reason i doubt that. instead of bitching about no one ever playing, why don't you get people to play. regardless of this topic i'm downloading the game and going to install it and then i'm going to play it and find out myself if its worth it or not. despite your stupid rantings of "omfg this game sux now and its dead. don't even bother playing this game!" cause honestly, its people like you who have no game etiquette. either grow up or play runescape (sorry for those of you who like runescape).

kromaticorb
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2008-03-17 02:24   
and i can't access the damn lobby. stupid ass fatal error. i'll figure it out. i hope

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-17 04:08   
Quote:

On 2008-03-17 02:05, kromaticorb wrote:
you know, its topics like these that drive players (like me) away. the first thing i see when i come to a website and one of the latest topics is, "darkspace dead?" i don't even want to bother. i used to play dark age of camelot, EA bought it, and its slowly going downhill from there. do you dumb bastards have any idea how many people you probably have scared off? who cares if the game is bug-ridden or has bad lag. hell, it could just be your computer that has the lag. altho for some reason i doubt that. instead of bitching about no one ever playing, why don't you get people to play. regardless of this topic i'm downloading the game and going to install it and then i'm going to play it and find out myself if its worth it or not. despite your stupid rantings of "omfg this game sux now and its dead. don't even bother playing this game!" cause honestly, its people like you who have no game etiquette. either grow up or play runescape (sorry for those of you who like runescape).

My bad, after five years of being here and subscribing every month, I guess I'm just abit tired of seeing the game I've loved for so long end up like this.

Email Supertrooper
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-17 04:14   
Quote:

On 2008-03-17 02:24, kromaticorb wrote:
and i can't access the damn lobby. stupid ass fatal error. i'll figure it out. i hope

your status is in the MV.....hmm...yer not driven away...i see that yer emerced in it XD

Email GothThug {C?}
Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-03-17 10:35   
Hay Faustus,

Bring out that patch and many of the "oldies" will come back...
It may never again be the old days of:

50 players on the FA Server
25 on the Captain Server
20 on the Newbie server
60 in MV

but, "If you release the patch...they will come...back"

Hugs

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2008-03-17 12:46   
Well i am gonna add my noob two penneth worth as well.................................. I love DS and will stay to the bitter end , but that day hopefully is a long time off and things will improve as it takes something special to get people feeling passionate about it either way

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-17 13:00   
Quote:

On 2008-03-16 20:02, evil lol wrote:
i have to agree Darkspace is dieing

Then why are people working on it? And why would players offer their help in details of its development? This was me at work today making a new backdrop for a development test run.

And Drafell...you got mail.

Origional image test...

After a few things were sighted and change was needed...I made this today

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-03-17 13:01 ]

[small][ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-03-17 13:03 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-03-17 13:19 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.042264 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR