Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Darkspace dead?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Darkspace dead?
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2008-03-17 13:22   
FYI guys...

I'll keep this game running for a long long time, even if I have to pay out of my own pocket for the bandwidth, I will try to keep things going...

I know how long is been since the last patch... trust me, I do know.. and I feel terrible that one hasn't been released in quite a while.

People are pushing hard to get beta into good enough shape to get released, and it's much closer since last night when a huge update went up in beta.

I do promise I will do my best to get an update released as soon as it's ready... but I certainly do NOT want to see an update released that makes things any worst. (honestly, I don't think they could be worse since the IE update that causes our lobby to crash now)

-Faustus

Goto the website of Faustus
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-17 13:25   
Faustus, I think you have plenty of players who will stick around till the bitter end, but hopefully there wont be an end. I mean honest, if DS would die...I think my days of playing video games will be over and ill instantly grow up and be a boring old fart, or an eve player. What a horrible thought.

Remember. There are people here who wouldnt mind contributing to the cau$$$e.

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-03-17 13:26 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-17 13:51   
Quote:

On 2008-03-17 13:22, Faustus wrote:
I do promise I will do my best to get an update released as soon as it's ready... but I certainly do NOT want to see an update released that makes things any worst. (honestly, I don't think they could be worse since the IE update that causes our lobby to crash now)

As long as you don't rush it to where it becomes another .483, then it'll be fine.

And I'll be here until there is no Darkspace. Even if I do get depressed with things, I've always got ten dollars.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim {R33} on 2008-03-17 13:54 ]

Email Supertrooper
Riley(retired)
Midshipman

Posted: 2008-03-17 16:29   
Quote:

On 2008-03-17 13:51, Crim {R33} wrote:

As long as you don't rush it

sorry, couldnt resist.. this made me lol

--i suppose i'll be around til the end also.

[ This Message was edited by: Riley on 2008-03-17 16:30 ]

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-03-17 18:44   
You know something?

For all the pessimism, naysaying, and doomsday rhetoric this community has heard year after year, patch after patch, letdown after letdown, you have all done pretty well for yourselves. Personally, and I don't mean this the way it sounds, but I am amazed DarkSpace is still online. I truly am taken aback by the dedication of this community, this staff, and these developers, and you would all do well to step back, take a deep breath, and realize how awesome you are.

.484 is certainly the longest patch delay this game's ever seen, but don't forget that there were similar agonies for .483, .482, .481, and even .480. Several high-profile players slowly began standing up, taking a bow, and leaving the stage. No, the community is not the same as it once was, and the staff is a shadow of its former self (That is an agreeable statement, I think, for the moderators that are still around... you remember it as well as I do), but the game's still here, and it's because of a small handful of players that simply refused to leave their seats.

Despite countless times that you've been promised balance, promised laglessness, and promised the rebirth of the game and never quite had it delivered, you've stayed true to your conviction that, as Goth says, DarkSpace will rise again. Yes, I'm quoting Goth... much as I loathe that the guy was ever unbanned (sorry Goth, permaban still means permaban in my books, no hard feelings), he's right to have the faith that he does, as are many of you.

In short, the fact that this game is still going despite all its downfalls is a testament to your unyielding dedication and unflagging determination. DarkSpace has become a lesson in what it means to persevere. You should all be proud of yourselves.

*salute*

-Dem

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2008-03-17 18:49 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-17 20:43   
Dem, can I have your baby?

I'm not even kidding.

Email Supertrooper
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-03-17 21:14   

Miss me?

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-17 22:04   
omg holy crap san....thats awesome

Email GothThug {C?}
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-03-18 16:53   
Meh, I've quit this game about 25 times... for all the good it did. 'nuff said.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-19 07:29   

In this thread I have been lucky(?) enough to read what Fautus has said and it doesn't give me or anyone that I have showed it to any hope for things to come because although he says a lot of things he always puts that just in-case statement in his post.

Look I am currently testing IE v 8 and it makes the lobby spit even worse than the update file did for version 7, so now along with all the things that are supposed (?) to be getting done the group(?) of developers now also needs to work on getting the GCQL to work with IE.

Look it is like one of the posts said even if DS closes down it's servers it will live on inside a lot of people and that is something that no lack of support will change.

As for new users well I doubt a post like this can do much more damage than a new user logging in for the first time and having the lobby keep crashing, then once they have worked that one out (if they are willing to uninstall vital updates) they are greeted by a list of servers that have very basically no-one on them.

Seriously who as a new user is going to pay $9.95US to play a game that MIGHT have a handful of people ingame at sometime during the course of the day? People are saying the MV is active cause there is a system that often changes hands, well as nice as it would be to believe something like that it unfortunately only takes 1 person a short while to bomb those planets drop some inf on them and cap them to the other faction.

I hate to say it but I think unless DS has something totally amazing to offer new players there won't be very many of them, and with EVE having what it does to offer players for that little bit extra things are starting to look even worse. (BTW: EVE is now being promoted through Steam amoung the many other sites etc it has it's hooks into)

You know there is actually more people playing an old game like Freelancer ATM and it really doesn't have much to offer apart from the fact it is free to play and it has a lot to offer the RP'ers out there that don't have a lot of money to spend.

There is also a number of other space genre games in development ATM and if they are released in the not to far future DS will have even more to contend with.

Look I think the community of DS has to be a one of a kind and I personally am yet to find another community that sticks together like most of you do. For this you all should be congratulated because you have really done/created a great thing.

Unfortunately I have nothing good to say about the development team(?) other than those that have put a lot of hard work into the game for free have done a great job of at least trying to get things moving in the right direction.

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-03-19 07:45   
Long live Darkspace!
Long Live K'luth Empire!
Long live UGTO!
Long Live... that other faction

but most of all..

LONG LIVE DARKSPACE COMMUNITY!

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-19 08:34   
I dont give up hope and I understand what Faustus said.. He said he would pay for the server out of his pocket to keep the game going... that is a very dedicated owner to be saying that... basicly it means that aslong as we continue to stay true DarkSpace will be here. dont give up hope and just because some redundant servers were cut doesnt mean we all have to run away. besides darkspace may in fact have a massive turn around in the future... however long it takes however slow it comes they will retun they will come back and we will get back on our feet. It is not a hope or dream it is simply a fact. it doesnt matter if you build,code,design it they will come they will play and some will like and some will not. Just hold on to what we have we have always had each other.

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
LobbyZombie
2nd Rear Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-19 09:11   
Look. For all of you that compares DarkSpace with another game. They got PAID developers while Darkspace got volunteered developers. Plus their developers works fulltime while DarkSpace's is doing halftime since they got real-life jobs to hang on to...

Thank you.
LobbyZombie

Old am i not but what are you?

Email LobbyZombie
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-19 09:18   
Firstly, i would like to congratulate everyone who works on DS. The developers are really doing a great job and i really like the stuff in beta so far. That said, i would also like to say that all the players that stick with the game should be congratulated also. Everyone who plays gives the developers hope that maybe darkspace will live which i sincerely hope it does because in my opinion, Darkspace is better than Halo, Gears of War and Kingdom under fire. Its probably because its the only game i can play with other ppl. But its mostly because it is a brilliant game and will be made even better with the release of .484

Keep it up ppl!

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-19 14:07   
Thanks to Dem for that, I think we all needed a bit of a pat on the back...(sniffles)

on a side note:

Quote:

Also, just a little note, I think DS being sold in hardcopy does much for DS... I wouldn't be here if I didnt' randomly spot it in a bestbuy (or wherever) and think "hey, that game looks cool, I'll try it out".

Proud owner.
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7994/dsc00857mb3.jpg

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Xpli$it {CANADA} on 2008-03-16 16:38 ]

I'm sooo jealous >:] and i do agree, hardcopy DS is quite nice

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024778 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR