No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » ds graphic problems
 Author ds graphic problems
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-19 10:55   
about two days ago i had ap pc virus but my anti virus programe identified it i tried to heal the problem but it was unable to do so so i sent it to my virus vault afterwards i had deleted it from virus vault
now for some reason it only seems to effect Darkspace i can start a game fine go into any server i wish but after about 40seconds in mv the whole grapics turns it what looks like a 1930's tv set here is screen shot

By deathcomes2u at 2008-03-19

i can play games like battlefield 2 and more no prblems just with ds any ideas how to solve this problem

[ This Message was edited by: Darkscorpion{The Corrupted} on 2008-03-19 11:23 ]

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-19 11:46   
What was the virus? though i highly doubt that has anything to do with it.

I would guess graphic/vid card from the pattern, but monitor, drivers, cords/cables, and probably a few other things, could cause it, need more info on the problem, dunno why it would be only on ds though, are you running more than one monitor?

run a dxdiag in your run command prompt, check for any dx problems. And make sure your monitor cables are screwed down tight.

EDIT Its obviously an RGB problem, thats for sure, but not one ive seen.

[ This Message was edited by: Reeves-81 on 2008-03-19 11:48 ]

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-19 12:00   
problem solved yes it was caused by the virus it had found a home attached to one of my graphics cards files so when i removed virus that had gone with it i have uninstalled and reinstallled them and everything works great now thx for input anyways

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-19 12:01   
driver

PS the reason it would not heal is because it was in use, if you have a simalar problem in the future, stop the process in which the virus is running, then heal "or restart in safe mode, and heal", then you won't have to delete the vid card file, you can simply heal it.

[ This Message was edited by: Reeves-81 on 2008-03-19 12:09 ]

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-19 12:05   
what was the virus? whats your vid card manufacturer?, just wondering cuz ive never heard of it b4. I like to be informed

--Thomas Jefferson

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-19 12:13   
the virus i didnt look at didnt want to spend time looking at it just got rid of it the card i use is nvidia Geforce 6150se nforce 430

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2008-03-19 17:05   
Pro-tip:

It's not likely, and it's likely that it isnt even possible, for a virus, worm or trojan to "attach" itself into a video driver file.

Mostly because:

- 99.9% of the time the driver files are already compiled, and the virus would have to decompile, modify and recompile the files to work properly.

- It's more likely that the virus has associated itself into booting itself whenever the driver and/or configuration program, eg. Catalyst Control Center is present or running.

- Honestly the graphical error here doesnt seem to have anything to do with a virus. Else you would get the same stuff in any 3D rendering scene or possibly by just booting up the system.

- IT JUST DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT. end of.

/I_know_there_is_no_problem_anymore_but_DS_caliber_egoism_is_contagious

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-19 17:17   
Quote:

On 2008-03-19 17:05, Tactical Missile {JASSM} wrote:
Pro-tip:

It's not likely, and it's likely that it isnt even possible, for a virus, worm or trojan to "attach" itself into a video driver file.

Mostly because:

- 99.9% of the time the driver files are already compiled, and the virus would have to decompile, modify and recompile the files to work properly.

- It's more likely that the virus has associated itself into booting itself whenever the driver and/or configuration program, eg. Catalyst Control Center is present or running.

- Honestly the graphical error here doesnt seem to have anything to do with a virus. Else you would get the same stuff in any 3D rendering scene or possibly by just booting up the system.

My thoughts exactly, but I would guess it attached to an ini file.

--Thomas Jefferson

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2008-03-19 17:22   
Quote:

On 2008-03-19 17:17, Reeves-81 wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-03-19 17:05, Tactical Missile {JASSM} wrote:
Pro-tip:

Mostly because:

My thoughts exactly, but I would guess it attached to an ini file.

Then it would have to attach into the DarkSpace .ini files because most if not all video card drivers for Win32/64 come as .inf and .cat, of which other is sometimes if not always encrypted.

I'm yet to hear of any actual virus that is so selective that it would decide to bork up the rendering sequence for an old Windows game without borking it up for everything else aswell, and I'm sure there would actually be many anti-virus corporations intestered in this kind of viruses.

EDIT:

On top of the earlier, .ini and .inf files are not executable binaries, they simply serve as catalogues for filepaths and attributes that another program reads from, and one just cant inject a binary into that mess, really.

[ This Message was edited by: Tactical Missile {JASSM} on 2008-03-19 17:25 ]

Page created in 0.015685 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR