Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » What happened today...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author What happened today...
Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2008-03-20 17:13   
Quote:

On 2008-03-20 17:09, Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction) wrote:
@ tactical missile

If you rebuild all the planets you Mirv (even prebuilding) then its not so bad.

BUT in your pres hunt you destroy all the othger teams SYs.

Therefore when they log in - they can;'t spawn anyway other than home planets.

They might move through the MV in a command dread for a while - capping and building a bit but will eventually get bored as no combat.

No combat beacuse if theres 3-4 wasted systems between you and th enemy are yoiu really going to go after them?

Even if you do - neither sidewill have a base near which makes combat less great.

Thats why people hate Mirvers - it destroys the combat.

Also - after a while - the builders will stop building - no point building the same planets time after time.

Put the two together and youy get

No combat for those who like combat.
No combat = no supping
Builders get bored so no more bombing

= dead game.

As you said - Mirving and Dictoring are both legal but ruin the game. So stop ruining the game whichever way you do it and if you are doing it don;t complain when others try and stop you by using legal tactics

Keeping an eye on my location on the navigation and sending it over with /f to my understanding isn't really a legal tactic, I could care less for interdictoring or any kind of other game mechanics but if you start a personal vendetta towards me over some online game, I can give you a lot of reasons to keep that vendetta going on for all eternity with a single clavate.

Hint:

My bombing runs used to be few and far between during this whole version of the game, I guess some fellows here are a bit of sadomasochists if they really want to inflict misery to themselves.

Second hint:

I'm not even rebuilding planets anymore. I drop one inf down, reload bombs, reload the inf and continue bombing.

[ This Message was edited by: Tactical Missile {JASSM} on 2008-03-20 17:17 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-03-20 17:22   
Quote:

On 2008-03-20 17:04, Tactical Missile {JASSM} wrote:

Part of what I wrote was meant in a different light as well:

What you may find fun (bombing several systems in a night, and seeing a faction demoralised and pushed back to hell), is not necessarily fun for everyone else.

This is, at heart, a combat game. And we're doing our best (the dev team) to return the game to that next patch. Bombing isn't meant to be as easy as it is now, nor as rewarding (prestige-wise).

So instead of people (not just you), going out of their way to nuke as many systems, try and think about the players on the other-side, and how frustrating it is for them. They're not having fun.

Next time, instead of doing an entire system, or several - cut back and do a few slow planet bombs. You may start something (combat?), of which everyone an get involved in.

And to those of you on the OTHER side of the fence - it's quite frequent that bombers are the soul cause of combat this patch nowadays - so because of them, the entire fight started (in-game). Without that bomber, would even half of the players have logged in at that period?

Perhaps the whiners need to take a second and thank the bombers for starting small scale combat?

And perhaps the bombers need to sit back and realise that bombing everything in sight might well be swell for them, but it's ruining a lot more people's fun.

- Jack

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-03-20 17:39   
Hacked together photographic metaphor of these events and their impact on the community.

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2008-03-20 17:44   
Quote:

On 2008-03-20 17:39, Sardaukar wrote:
Hacked together photographic metaphor of these events and their impact on the community.

Nice.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=FoNmNmXExZ8

^Disturbing but work safe.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-20 22:56   
wow......and i thought my mirv rants were...outlandish....Listen, Kan and the rest of you....

Whining only puts you on the admins watchlist and possibly at the end of a smoking barrel of a ban gun...trust me...its happened to me lots of times....Complaining about the same damn thing every day makes the progress of the next patch slower....Bard, Kan, and Sanity make valid points and this tactical nuke AKA Darksoldier....is doing everything he can to mock us....in fact....he was CEC not to long ago....he wiped his prestige because his bombing was to high, and yet, when i was in CEC, he told the majority of us NOT TO MIRV!.....see a pattern developing here?....

One day he leaves, and then goes on a mirving spree and then Mass PM's all the leaders of UGTO that he has leveled sol....I respond in Kind and tell him i dont care....i even blocked him....

Some players are so slow, and it doesnt hit them that bombing is wrong this patch, they get GA and then they go on a hunting spree and hunt down newbies trying to get GA with mirving....my point....Damage is Done...we are all scarred from the Abuse we have taken from unsportsmanlike Conduct that we think its normal...and it isnt...

I used to be a huge supporter of non-dictor combat....but from what Kanman sanity, and the others have said...let this sink in....from now on....no one i mean no one, gets off scott free in this game....If we see a mirver..we will dictor it.....if said mirver gets a combat ship....dictor it anyways, after you kill said dictor, leave the game, Cool off, and hopefully it'll blow over....

you guys are awesome, this game is awesome, and i miss the combat....

Just dont ruin it anymore...

-Goth

Email GothThug {C?}
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-03-21 00:02   
*takes a peek in the topic*

typical DS politics....

back to EvE i go.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2008-03-21 03:32   
Quote:

On 2008-03-20 22:56, GothThug {C?} (R33) wrote:
wow......and i thought my mirv rants were...outlandish....Listen, Kan and the rest of you....

Whining only puts you on the admins watchlist and possibly at the end of a smoking barrel of a ban gun...trust me...its happened to me lots of times....Complaining about the same damn thing every day makes the progress of the next patch slower....Bard, Kan, and Sanity make valid points and this tactical nuke AKA Darksoldier....is doing everything he can to mock us....in fact....he was CEC not to long ago....he wiped his prestige because his bombing was to high, and yet, when i was in CEC, he told the majority of us NOT TO MIRV!.....see a pattern developing here?....

One day he leaves, and then goes on a mirving spree and then Mass PM's all the leaders of UGTO that he has leveled sol....I respond in Kind and tell him i dont care....i even blocked him....

Some players are so slow, and it doesnt hit them that bombing is wrong this patch, they get GA and then they go on a hunting spree and hunt down newbies trying to get GA with mirving....my point....Damage is Done...we are all scarred from the Abuse we have taken from unsportsmanlike Conduct that we think its normal...and it isnt...

I used to be a huge supporter of non-dictor combat....but from what Kanman sanity, and the others have said...let this sink in....from now on....no one i mean no one, gets off scott free in this game....If we see a mirver..we will dictor it.....if said mirver gets a combat ship....dictor it anyways, after you kill said dictor, leave the game, Cool off, and hopefully it'll blow over....

you guys are awesome, this game is awesome, and i miss the combat....

Just dont ruin it anymore...

-Goth

Haha, "Mass PM's the UGTO leaders"? You know, I have ever only submitted one notification of Sol's destruction that was to YOU, and YOU are NOT an UGTO leader.

And you respond in "kind"? Do I need to remind you called me something in the lines of a mobile rat%&~@~@$$ or what was it? You're digging your own grave, idiot.

I reset my stats back then because I knew I could do the same again without PCM'ing being in the game anymore.

Then I changed my mind. Nobody here is worth what you dub "fairplay" and there is absolutely no room for any honor whatsoever anything connected with an ethernet cable.

Now I'm off to cool down somewhere. I've wasted enough time here during the last two days.

[ This Message was edited by: Tactical Missile {JASSM} on 2008-03-21 03:40 ]

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2008-03-21 05:46   
ok,as far as bombing goes,its a no skill needed tactic.you dont need to mirv to cap,just neut.come 484,all those that made GA by bombing will lose it if they try to bomb or simply quit playing because they lack combat skills needed to survive in it.

As for dictoring,its been around,been used,being used,and will continue to be a valid tactic til the ship is removed from the game ( which wont happen ).So,get used to it,figure out the fastest way to kill it then move on.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
kromaticorb
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2008-03-21 07:15   
what is so bad about dying? i mean, dictors stop people from jumping. got that. the bigger the ship (resource cost or whatever) the bigger the loss of prestige. if you die because of a dictor, its your own fault. shouldn't have came out in such a big ship. altho little ships are pretty much useless. very little armour, no firepower, turning radius slower than what it should be, acceleration could be better and generally unpleasant to be in unless you can choose nothing else. on the bright side, i was in a K'Luth Stinger and a missile destroyer ran from me. that was sweet.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-21 08:05   
I never intended this to become an anti-mirv rant post. I listed events of what happened in that battle to explain that no one in combat was at fault with the dictor incident. Both sides did what appeared fair from their point of view with the information presented to them.

My final remark regarding how it all started with someone mirving was merely an anecdotal observation, not my primary point. I was just hoping to clarify what happened in the battle so no one would start calling the other side dictor-using poor sports. I was hoping to avoid future conflict with this post.

Unfortunately, that observational remark I made seems to have been taken as the key-point and the community has run with it. Now it is causing tension, anger, people are discussing using mirvs and dictors more and more now the more they read.

Look. People who mirv will keep mirving. Saying you are going to go on a spree from now on to 'show us' is not only childish and counter productive but vendictive and evil. Yes, evil. As you have said many times. It's a game. Absolutely EVERY time I log off, I automatically assume EVERYTHING UGTO has will be mirved before my return. I am usually right. This means threats of Mirving it all means absolutely NOTHING anymore. It is just another day.

Be nice. Play for fun, not for evil. The End.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-21 08:47   
Kan just pwned us all with his words of wisdom XD and awww tactical did i hit a nerve with you? kekekekeke ^________^

Email GothThug {C?}
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-21 08:54   
Is this "Tactical" twirp the noob who has been mirving the entire MV? I think this tread is going nowhere, so im gonna end it by saying...I pooped my pants.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-21 09:17   

Its part of the game!! deal with it. Sure its fk boring but thats just part of the game. Its not the players fault. The bombers only wants prestige, they only thinks about prestige, and they only care about their OWN prestige. But is that unnatural? NO. Almost ALL players thinks about prestige. So therefore everyone will do what they can do to not lose prestige and do everything they can to get it...and as long as the game is the way it is, then nothing is going to change.

As long as there prestige in the game there will always be unfair settings. Deal with it.

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2008-03-21 09:27   
Quote:

On 2008-03-21 08:54, Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) wrote:
Is this "Tactical" twirp the noob who has been mirving the entire MV? I think this tread is going nowhere, so im gonna end it by saying...I pooped my pants.

Actually no, I havent even played since November or so, after that, it looks like someone else took it up to themselves to carry on with the nuclear war.

And Goth, you haven't really hit my nerves, but you're pretty much digging your own grave again, as you will be crying and cutting yourself when the next planet says boom, and with these provocation posts you make there is less and less credibility with your ranting how mirving is an exploit or somesuch.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-21 09:46   
skedaddled right past contructive, flame war next left.

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.022245 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR