Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » New age building?
 Author New age building?
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-21 22:56   
Bardiche: "I'm a 483 Engineer... Which basically means, "lol why build planets, planets = mirving prestige", and the only planets I should, realistically, build are either SY or clustered planets... Or SY planets in a cluster."
"Or depot planets, as they serve a good role... But planets to defend themselves? Realistically, no planet can defend itself frmo a bomber run late at night when everyone sleeps/is gone."
"Maybe I should toss all my previous ideals out of the window and begin this new age of building planets made to serve the players."
"... And leave those silly stand-alone planets as hardly anyone ever makes an effort to defend them anyway."

I've decided. It's a silly idea. MAybe it's a genius idea.

But what if I scrap all the planets of an entire system (alternatively, MiRV them and NOT hurt my prestige too much) and dedicate them wholly to serving as a Shipyard and/or Depot to allied ships.

Think on it for a moment.

1) Provided they have the shield generators, MiRVers may have a hard time mirving the planets because of the shields.
2) Neut these planets and you have a Shipyard, thus meaning a quick fielding of combat vessels where it is relevant.
3) Due to over-abundance of Shipyards, all factions can immediately field combat vessels in the combat zone. Neut one planet, and theoretically, the opposing faction can immediately spawn a ship from any planet to counter-act your bomber; At the same time, your faction can spawn ships once the SY has recovered to counter-act the enemy attackers.

Certaintly, it could provide for more combat. There are, of course, a few problems to my idea.

1) Taking the system would be a breeze if no others are on to oppose you.
2) Fragile planets cannot fend for themselves, as they do not have the maximum structure amount to prevent them being used as cheap 'n easy prestige, while at the same time not building any redundant defense structures that won't defend the planet anyway.
3) Who the hell would want to defend that?

But still, it is an interesting idea (to me), that I may sometime execute next time someone decides to be silly and flattens an entire system. So if you ever stumble into the MV and notice you can spawn at any planet in a given system... You know who's been busy.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-21 23:00   
Theres flaws.

You're expecting people to Neut these planets, when they can easily be mirved. Trust me, they can. Most people don't even put out a full load of bombs when hitting a planet with one shield generator, a full load from a clavate can handle two and hurt three. A bomber dread could take out three generators by itself. Only planets I see as 'hard to bomb' this version would be K'luth/ICC hybrids, that have both ICC and K'luth beams, as well as a shield generator or two. Can't get close to it for long or you'll get fried, and can't pull away to quick or your bombs are gone.

Another problem would be the number of active players, or players willing to drop what their doing ingame to go defend a system. Most of them really don't care about a planet being attacked.

And a Shipyard in every system is a nice wonderful Idea, except if people spawned things from them alot, the faction could possibly run out of resources very quickly.

Nice idea, you've atleast got the right idea.

[ This Message was edited by: The Irish Crim {R33} on 2008-03-21 23:03 ]

Email Supertrooper
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-22 09:54   
I thought this thread was goinna be about making things out of hemp..."new age" building.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-03-22 12:07   
I think hes probably thinking lvl10 SYs - I know i was when I read it... but hell, give it a shot!

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Page created in 0.011242 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR