No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Combat Tactics: Torp Cruise V.S. Assult Cruise
 Author Combat Tactics: Torp Cruise V.S. Assult Cruise
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-25 21:27   
First off, I'm by no means an expert. Just made VA this week, so I'm still trying to figure alot of this out. I would appricate any tips, hints, contructive criticism.

OK, the TC and the AC are the TOP ships in offensive combat. With the correct modding and effective tactics, they are the dominat power on the battle field.

First a little on modding:
TC: use Albasive for the outter layer armor in Fore(2 outterlayer), Right, Left arcs. keep Std armor for Aft, since there is only one.

Interlayer armor plating should be Std armor, this gives u more flexibility.
b/c Ablasive armor doesnt Autorepair, and there may not be a Supply ship around. (Also u might run into kluth)

AC: active shield all arcs, again Std armor for the inter layer. add 1 full arc Flux cannon(.See tactics)

[Staff Edit]Lets not be advising new players to do stuff thats illegal[/Edit]

For Both:
Mod half of cannons in Weapons Group '1'
half in WG '2', All torps in '2'
All torps in WG '3'
AC: Heavy Chemical Lasers and Flux cannon in WG '4'

HINT:
The Aft armor is the weakest part on both TC and AC, there is only 1 layer compared to 2 on the HC and BC.

In this aspect the TC is under a disadvantage to the AC, since AC can rapidly transfer shield energy to it's weak rear arc.

For the TC, the legal tactic of armor roation should be utilized. Left and right armor is rarely damged.

A trick to this is to NUMBER the Aft plating, (i.e. with '6, 7,8) as u would a weapons group. In the heat of battle, simply press the # to select the plate and rotate it out.

TACTIC: one of the most common and effective tactic with the TC/AC is to point jump the target head on at 0 speed and Alpha stike.

Here. the TC is at an advantage, it has superior frontal armor (3 layers) and frontal fire power to the AC (2 layer frontal def)

TC pilots should attempt to go slow and attempt to get in as many hits as he can, i recomed using all AM torps, and overwhelm the AC's def, so it 'll have no time to rotate shield to compensate.

Here I recommend the AC pilot link both his Fore and Aft Shield with a weapons group NUMBER( i.e. '4, 5, 6') and FORCE the shield power in to both arcs AS u charge in, since ur Left and Right shield aren't doing anything at this point.

Go FAST, because TC has greater frontal armor. Howere, strike with ur Heavy Chemical Laser at the last second. It's beam so it will hurt Ablasive, and as ur pass the TC, HCL will track and strike the weak Aft armor of the TC. and if u have an Full arc Flux cannon, put it in this group as well.

This best tactic once the initial pass has been made, is to drop Speed, and turn the same direction as ur target, and get on it's Six o'clock postition. (i.e. he turn to his right, you slow, turn to YOUR left.)

HINT:
AC's should fire the HCL and Flux cannon group as often as possilble at this point, do not save.

TC should stagger there group 1 and 2 cannons and hide their group 3 torps in btw, so it will be harder to avoid.

i've observe most player have the tendency to turn Right as they pass the enemy.

keep behind ur target , slow as he slows, do NOT get excited and over shoot him.

The above tactic works for HC and BC as well, but to a less extent. This tactic is not recomende for dressys, since they have smaller and more balanced full arc firepower.

[ This Message was edited by: VA Rick Hunter on 2008-03-25 21:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: VA Rick Hunter on 2008-03-25 21:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: VA Rick Hunter on 2008-03-25 21:36 ]

[small][ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2008-03-26 09:31 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: VA Rick Hunter on 2008-03-26 13:24 ]

Starfist
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-03-25 21:38   
**however if u chose to use ablasive, u have the choice of carrying extra Std armor to Swaping . This is legal since ur are technicly switching to a different TYPE of armor, and therefore does not violate the ROC, swap of devices. I do not recomend it, because u have enough to worry about with shield rotations, and it borders on unsportsmanship.

you are not allowed to carry extra amour in your cargo to swap with, as it is against the Roc,

you can remove a plate of armour and swap it with a damaged armour, which isnt against the RoC.

On 2005-12-14 01:41, Scotty wrote:
There was a lot of discussion on this yesterday in the lobby. I made a clear statement to this point.

If you are using Armor out of cargo that is precharged - you are exploiting the timer. If you are changing the Armor form one panel to another it is not realistic but not an exploit.

I hope that clears this up.

Scotty

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-03-26 04:31   
What he meant was changing panels, as in rotating them - not swapping the type.

This is most definitely, 100%, an exploit as you are, or might be, swapping a depleted armour facing with a full one.

Do not do it

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2008-03-26 04:32 ]

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-26 12:10   
OK, now some advice on tactics OTHER than the armor rotation, plz. we dont need a flame thread in new tactics. Not what this should be about.

Vets, speak up. give the new kids some tips.

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-26 12:34   
Quote:

On 2008-03-26 04:31, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
What he meant was changing panels, as in rotating them - not swapping the type.

This is most definitely, 100%, an exploit as you are, or might be, swapping a depleted armour facing with a full one.

Do not do it

People pull that smut all the time. It's weak. Many a time i hit my "." key and see all sorts of goodies in some morons cargo, like extra armor or shields.

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-03-26 12:35 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-26 13:29   
Flaming is when we say you are a blazing idiot for posting, which none of us are doing and so, you are probably taking the commentary a bit too personal. None of us mean you any harm, they're just correcting you on what is actually a rule infringement.

I've been reading this, and I must say I disagree with the combat tactics you've posted. I wouldn't recommend sticking to someone's aft end with a Battle Cruiser/Heavy Cruiser. And as far as the Assault Cruiser goes, I definitely do not recommend just blasting with all your cannons thoughtlessly, especially not the Heavy Chem Lasers.

Further, I also disagree that an Assault Cruiser should "go fast" when a Torpedo Cruiser is on its back side. In this case the correct procedure would be to jump about 1k gu, turn around and prepare to assault again. There is no reason you should be exposing your vulnerable and under-equipped aft side to a Torpedo Cruiser unless you have a death wish.

Also, don't pass the enemy once you're at his backside. Since the TC/AC have relatively USELESS aft-side arcs, just stay at a distance close enough to assure a good enough hit rate on their aft and continue pounding. Usually people don't short-jump, so take advantage of that.

This combat guide is a bit too specialized, though; Only going into how Torp Cruiser and Assault Cruiser should fight one-another. Since both of them are mostly centered at front-arc gunfire, the only reasonable strategy to use when decking these two against eachother is to stick to the rear like flies to flypaper.

Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-26 14:26   
A. if your in a TC against an AC ty to stay at the aft of the enemy ship..
*the AC only got 1 aft sheild 0 amor*
B.Point jump the AC ALOT!! such as if the enemy ship is at 500+ Gu point jump at 890 Gus infront of him you should land right next to him or extactly beihnd him if your at full speed

Now for AC to TC combat....

*View above*

Now the TC has more guns then the AC does but it does not really matter it is up to the pilot to be able to transfer shields were needed and rotate armors.. for the most part the AC could pwn the TC if its a good pilot.. and vice versa the AC and the TC are very good ships if used right..

Hope this helps some...

Grim.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-03-26 15:51   
Two things, both for the TC.

I generally stick standard armor on the outside, ablative on the inside. This allows you, after a light skirmish, to recharge to full armor, instead of having your ablative depleted right away.

Also, I don't see a reason to have the cannons in a separate weapons group. A TC can fly full speed and fire its cannons essentially forever; it just requires you to be more sparing with your torpedos.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-26 22:41   
Quote:

On 2008-03-26 14:26, Fatal Grim Reaper wrote:
A. if your in a TC against an AC ty to stay at the aft of the enemy ship..
*the AC only got 1 aft sheild 0 amor*
B.Point jump the AC ALOT!! such as if the enemy ship is at 500+ Gu point jump at 890 Gus infront of him you should land right next to him or extactly beihnd him if your at full speed

Now for AC to TC combat....

*View above*

Now the TC has more guns then the AC does but it does not really matter it is up to the pilot to be able to transfer shields were needed and rotate armors.. for the most part the AC could pwn the TC if its a good pilot.. and vice versa the AC and the TC are very good ships if used right..

Hope this helps some...

Grim.

well the point jump tactic doesnt necessarily work, because if you can jump they can jump too

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-03-27 09:23   
ive found for the TC its great to have 5 Psi cannons and rest Partical cannons 7 AM torps 3 AME drives AMJD and last but not least ALL std armor due to the way the TC is made with the armor its easyier to move the armor from one place to the other if they are the same make as u cna forget to swap the armor bk to its normal place and u get a odd looking arrangement

and with the weapons the five Psi cannons do slightly less dmg but has a higher chance of hitting its target and the AM torps are the best torps around even thou they are slow and i would advise u use them at near point blank range as ur almost certian all 7 of them torps will hit their mark

with the 3 ame drives u get alittle extra speed if im not mistaken u get a top speed of 21.5 gu (or some where close to it) so ur slightly harder to hit and should gain on fleeing ships quicker (only if they are cruisers with no AMEs or larger ships) and the AMJD well u already know the AMJD is the fastest Jump drive around so its a wise choise for getting out of combat quick and for multi jumps for if ur chased

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-03-27 10:35   
Quote:

On 2008-03-27 09:23, SaturnShadow*FM*(Angel Of Darkness) wrote:
AM torps are the best torps around even thou they are slow and i would advise u use them at near point blank range as ur almost certian all 7 of them torps will hit their mark

AM torps also have a large splash damage, and that close you're just as likely to hurt yourself

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-03-27 11:00   
............. and no pain no game thats wat i say

Page created in 0.030618 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR