- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » DORAN TURNS TO THE DARK SIDE...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author DORAN TURNS TO THE DARK SIDE...
Admiral Ackbar
Ensign

Posted: 2008-04-01 09:36   
read this lobby quote

08:25:43 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: "doran are u there"
08:25:50 Doran: "no"
08:25:54 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: "lol"
08:26:36 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: "i want u to give me an honest opinion of what u think of my MMV"
08:27:24 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: "obviously its not ready but..."
08:27:52 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: "i still wanna know what a "REAL PRO" has to say about it"
08:28:56 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: "o...........k.............. i guess u werent kidding huh 08:25:50 Doran: "no""
08:29:05 Doran: "honestly i dont care about your mv"
08:30:05 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: " "
08:30:41 Deltaflyer (Darkspace acadamy): "thats just sly doran"
08:30:53 Deltaflyer (Darkspace acadamy): "hes taken a lot of time to do all of that"
08:31:05 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: "its messed up is what it is"
08:31:15 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: "what ever "
08:31:21 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: "be that way man"
08:31:40 Deltaflyer (Darkspace acadamy): "doran, just look at his map"
08:32:02 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: "no"
08:32:10 Deltaflyer (Darkspace acadamy): "he asked you for an opinion and it is your duty as a mod to respect everyones wishes"
08:32:39 Doran: "i did. my opinion is/was/will be that i dont care about it."
08:32:46 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: "leave it delta he wants to be a punk he can his right as a mof"
08:32:53 [:BF:]BLAZIN Elite JBud™ of Light®: "mod*"
* You sent to Doran @74648: "u are some peace of work man how u get so high up by putting people down all the time THATS REALLY MESSED UP"

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-04-01 10:33   
He didn't put you down - he was just stating he doesn't care.

Nothing wrong about that...

Also, making different topics isn't exactly any use. I don't know what you're trying to achieve.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2008-04-01 10:33 ]

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-04-01 21:21   
The acquisition of attention?

-Dem

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-04-01 21:52   
What do you expect from the administrators and moderators? If they don’t feel like they want to do something that a player asks they don’t. If they don’t like it or it annoys them they put u down or use there position of power to further put you down. I am not taking myself out of the equation either, as I have done or said things that would be rude or were taken incorrectly myself that have led to many disastrous issues. Part of the issue with this community is how rude it can be. Don’t take it personally as we all have done something rude to someone in our lifetimes.

FYI... Doran you were rude by not caring. It is not much to ask. All he wanted was your opinion.

[ This Message was edited by: DarkSpin on 2008-04-01 21:54 ]

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-04-01 22:10   
Hell, I saw that conversation and he started off rude, got even more rude and then ended up being totally rude by not even responding to JBud or DeltaFlyer. That's just anti-social behavior and is exactly the type of attitude that a "mod" should not have with the room members. Doesn't set a very good example for others to follow, esp. if they value his opinion. Now I'm not saying that he should have checked it out. Just could have used a little more tact and common courtesy as stated in the RoC, sec 3.2 Code of Conduct for Staff (Moderators).

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-04-01 22:41   
This seems kind of ridiculous to me... you asked his opinion, he responded honestly.

You can't really expect much more. If he honestly does not care about the thing, then any judgment he passes on it will be superficial and meaningless. Had he looked at it, and just said "I like it" to appease the creator, then there'd be a lot of potentially messy baggage. "Doran liked it" statements, further inquieries about what Doran thinks of it, or what he'd advise as different, etc.

What did you want him to say? Obviously nothing negative, because your reaction to a neutral statement was pretty fierce. If you wanted advice, you wouldn't get anything useful from someone who doesn't seem interested in mapping- either because he's doing moderator work or just doesn't care for cartography.

Granted, he could've been a lot more diplomatic in his answer, but it wouldn't change the message. This DORAN TURNS TO THE DARKSIDE, "THATS MESSED UP" stuff, though... just seems overblown. DMC-13 has a point that staff should consider player relations, but I think that ignoring them was a pretty justified response to the tirade they apparently went on after he gave his opinion, diplomacy and semantics aside.

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2008-04-01 22:53 ]

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-04-01 23:33   
I dont care is not a neutral statemnet it is a rude remark.
Quote:

On 2008-04-01 22:41, Sardaukar wrote:
This seems kind of ridiculous to me... you asked his opinion, he responded honestly.

You can't really expect much more. If he honestly does not care about the thing, then any judgment he passes on it will be superficial and meaningless. Had he looked at it, and just said "I like it" to appease the creator, then there'd be a lot of potentially messy baggage. "Doran liked it" statements, further inquieries about what Doran thinks of it, or what he'd advise as different, etc.

What did you want him to say? Obviously nothing negative, because your reaction to a neutral statement was pretty fierce. If you wanted advice, you wouldn't get anything useful from someone who doesn't seem interested in mapping- either because he's doing moderator work or just doesn't care for cartography.

Granted, he could've been a lot more diplomatic in his answer, but it wouldn't change the message. This DORAN TURNS TO THE DARKSIDE, "THATS MESSED UP" stuff, though... just seems overblown. DMC-13 has a point that staff should consider player relations, but I think that ignoring them was a pretty justified response to the tirade they apparently went on after he gave his opinion, diplomacy and semantics aside.

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2008-04-01 22:53 ]

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-02 01:40   
Does anybody here actually care what Doran thinks?, lmao, I don't......
He doesnt care, so I dont care. "WHO ACTUALLY CARES WHAT "Doran" THE MOST IGNORANT MOD THINKS". I betcha he thinks something ignorant lol, and the first response to this thread, was just about as arrogant as I would expect it to be.

/me doles out the pity, :|

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-04-02 03:54   
Darkspace <> DarkSide

Keep up the good work Doran.
We all love you, in a really strange kind of weird way.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-02 04:46   
So here we have someone that thinks it was rude of a moderator to state that they didn't care about that person or their customized server. Some agree.

And then we have others, defending Doran because "that's how he is/what he thinks", disregarding whether or not it would be good player relations.

As far as whether or not this would be a breach of RoC, the closest I could find was this:

Quote:
# In the case of Staff members who have specific areas of knowledge, and are asked a question to which they do not know the answer (i.e., is not within their specific "area of knowledge"), or are not sure of the answer, then they should (if possible) direct the Player to the best possible location/person to find the answer, or attempt to answer the question while impressing on the Player their uncertainty about the accuracy of the answer.
Nothing more can be expected of any Staff member, excepting courtesy and patience in the delivery of such an answer.

Quote:
Moderators and other Staff members should try to help all participants with problems or questions to the best of their ability.
Always try to show as much patience as possible while doing so. If you are not sure about a question refer them to the web site help section. It is quite possible it may contain the answer they are seeking.

But then you could claim that JBud's inquiry had nothing to do whatsoever with in-game help and was simply a request for a moderator's/staffmember's opinion of his metaverse, and could be seen simply as that. (thus voiding the staff's responsibility in being there for the players and acting on their request as long as it is within their capability, or otherwise redirect them to someone who would be capable)

Still, this was awfully unnecessary. You should've mailed Faustus if you honestly feel as though Doran treated you unduly and unlike how a staffmember SHOULD have treated you. Making threads in the forums will not make you popular, and it is inevitable that some people will neglect that there may be a problem and ridicule you for this action. On the other hand, others will agree that there may be a problem and start to defend you - Effectively creating a rift in the community, even though none of them really have anything to do with this.
Take that in mind before you make a thread next time. It reflects awfully badly on you to post these sort of threads.

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-04-02 08:55   
What is this, a witch hunt?

Look at yourselves. Look at how far out of proportion this has been blown. Is this the low to which DarkSpace's community has sunk? Are you so bored that more than two people (or any of you, for that matter) are taking to the forums to crucify one of the staff's last remaining active members because he decided to be a smartass? Pardon my unprecedented bluntness, but that's pathetic.

Let me tell you something. These moderators are volunteers... that means they're players just like you at the same time as they are moderators, and at no point are they paid to become simply moderators and nothing else. Obviously, in order for a mod to do his job well, he's got to "switch on" when he notices someone swearing up a storm, exploiting the game, or harassing another player, for instance, but it's still his choice to do so because he doesn't get a paycheck in the mail.

That means that, unless someone had broken the rules in that room, guess who you were talking to? Doran the player, not the moderator, and Doran the player made it quite clear he wasn't interested in forming an opinion on this player's MV map. Would you run to a moderator if any other player just told you off without cussing you out? Of course you wouldn't, because no rules were broken, and you're all big boys and girls. You can handle a random player telling you off.

But you can't handle Doran doing the same, and why? You're doing this simply because Doran is a moderator, and for some unknown-by-God reason, some part of your subconscious wants to skin him alive for it. Well, with all due respect, knock it off. Doran was not required by the RoC or by any precedent in the history of this community to state his opinion as requested. Was he unnecessarily rude? Yes, but imagine how small you would feel if Doran hopped onto this thread and said:

"You know what? You're right. I was a jackass and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have told you I honestly didn't care about your MV. Saying such was a gross perversion of everything this community stands for, and I have grievously broken its rules out of my own selfishness. I deserve to be called out publicly for the action of refusing to offer my opinion, and I ought to be punished."

Is that honestly what you want to hear? Because that's what you've been pushing for. Save your breath for when a staff member actually does something wrong, and stop wasting this community's time.

-Dem

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-04-02 10:03   
God! Cry me a river, or the pacific while your at it. I think your only 1/2 way there. Who cares if Doran doesn't care. Hes not your momy or daddy or other half. Gimme a break. I cant believe this thread hasnt been deleted yet, or at least locked.

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-04-02 10:04 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-02 10:21   
I dont wanna blow this topic up anymore but i do believe that although Doran made a neutral remark, he could have put it in a nicer way.
If a son, daughter, niece or nephew walked up to you with a few blocks of lego and asked you 'what do you think?' Would you say that you didnt care?

I know that that is a sorta different situation but the basics of it are the same.

Doran, i think that you should apologise to Jbud but, on the same note, you did say that you didnt want to test Jbud's MMV.

Jbud, By starting this post, you have blown it out of all proportion.
After Doran said no, you coulda just asked someone else.

The way i see it, the best way to calm all of this down is simply for Jbud and Doran to shake hands (well, emote that they are shakin hands but, you know) and forget that this happened. Then hopefully everything will be back to normal.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-02 12:01   
Wow thread, you're sure getting pretty crazy over a bad april fools joke from Doran.

Seriously. I'm not even going to read everything on here.

Latrodectus
Captain

Posted: 2008-04-02 12:03   
ha ha...this is entertaining...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025470 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR