Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Never got a coupon for free subscribion
 Author Never got a coupon for free subscribion
Ascendant Justice
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-08 06:38   
I never got it in my e-mail is there anyway i can?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-08 06:45   
I'm assuming you're talking about the 2 week free trial

It should have came to whatever address you used to register with.

Check your spam folder.

Also, Faustus (He's the guy in charge), said he was having issues with hotmail sending the e-mail into spam folders. I dunno if that was fixed or not.

So, regardless, check your spam/filtered e-mail folder.

Nightspike
Cadet

Posted: 2008-04-08 07:47   
I can confirm the hotmail (MSN) problem, when i made my account a few days ago, i tried to use my hotmail, but i never got any mail on it, not even the account activation one. Setting my spam folder settings to low didnt help either and no, they also werent received in the spam folder later on.

Using one of my other emails of my provider was no problem at all, the mails took less than a minute.

ICQ and yahoo mail adresses are also known to cause problems with automatic mails FYI, so you should try using youre providers email if everything fails.

[ This Message was edited by: Nightspike on 2008-04-08 07:50 ]

Ascendant Justice
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-08 08:39   
Google e-mail worked i got the validation email but no coupon

EDIT: never mind i refreshed after i got the email validated and got the coupon later.

So use Google Mail if you have similar problems with Hotmail i guess.

[ This Message was edited by: Ichigo1uk on 2008-04-08 08:41 ]

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-08 08:50   
i didnt get it either and me email and evrything is rigth, thoug it dosnt mather much to me, but for new ppl and so on its nice to get.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-04-08 10:50   
I know for a fact Hotmail requires a reverse-DNS address to accept a e-mail.

Dunno if this is the problem for 65% of the company's we go to for the first time. they request our help because there e-mail server doesn't work correctly with other e-mail servers e.g. hotmail. and for more than 95% its because of no reverse-DNS.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-08 11:05   
untill we can get this thing with hotmail sorted out (and faustus has already talked to folks at DS's isp), best thing to do is use a non-hotmail email address if you have one

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Nightspike
Cadet

Posted: 2008-04-09 00:45   
Here is something ive taken out of the Neocron 2 support forums, they have the same problem with hotmail and a few others using automated replies. It is a suggestion by a player with a clue it seems, the devs there are looking into it,so maybe it helps the devs here too. The email adresses containined here are of course from the respective game.

------
Code:

Return-path: X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.4-gr0 (2008-01-01) on io.tertial.org X-Spam-Level: X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.5 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_00,RDNS_NONE autolearn=no version=3.2.4-gr0 Envelope-to: Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:07:28 +0000 Received: from dowel.reakktor.com ([62.140.29.49]) by io.tertial.org with esmtps (TLSv1:AES256-SHA:256) id 1JbbXM-0004TI-RI for ; Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:07:28 +0000 Received: from apache by dowel.reakktor.com with local (Exim 4.34) id 1JbZGA-0002O6-LA for ; Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:41:34 +0100 To: Subject: New Neocron2 Account Password From: Neocron Team Message-Id: Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:41:34 +0100

I sent a reply to apache@reakktor.com and noreply@reakktor.com and this was rejected by the KK mail server. Thats perfectly normal, but some spam aware email servers are performing checks to make sure the reply address and Return-path do exist by trying to see if the mail server accepts mail for the sender. If the email server gets a 550 reject code from the sender, the server will most likely will reject the email or file it as spam.

To fix.

1. Make sure noreply@reakktor.com goes to a black hole better known as /dev/null rather than giving a 550.
2. If you are using PHP's mail function you need to specify the sender address using the -f option - see http://uk3.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php for more details.
------

Regards
Nightspike

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-04-09 07:36   
Quote:

------
Code:
...blablabla
but some spam aware email servers are performing checks to make sure the reply address and Return-path do exist by trying to see if the mail server accepts mail for the sender.

To fix.
...blablabla
------

From what you can give me it looks like the have a problem with there own setup of SpamAssassin.
But as the part what i quoted above here stated, Some spam aware servers preform reverse-DNS,
this however is no problem if your mail server is set up properly and is giving the proper information to other mailservers that request it.

p.s. if i recall but its been a while since i looked at there project;
tertial.org runs on red-hat linux,
as to darkspace is running on FreeBSD.

Nightspike
Cadet

Posted: 2008-04-09 14:05   
Well i aint, as i said in my post, got a clue of that realy, i just posted it to see if it helps any here as the end problem was the same.

Since it doesnt help as you say, nevermind it.

Page created in 0.018801 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR