No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » just my two cents
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author just my two cents
Kythian
Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-09 03:00   
a lot of ppl seem to really hate mirvs, and im yet to get a straight answer from most ppl other then if you do it we wont support you, or in the case of a certain icc fleet being called names.

im just wondering what it is that people hate so much about mirvs i see no reason why its *bad* to do especially when your rebuilding planets afterwards

the only thing i can think of is that the old guard, all you admiral+ guys, dont want new players to get what they see as easy prestiege, and i can respect that except one thing, how is a new player supposed to get pres in MV???

fist of all, fighting against u veteran players is suicidal, you guys know too many tricks and the ins and outs of the combat system so well that the only way a new player can get combat pres is to go with the whimps path, as you admirals call it, and use a pd/ed set up

second, neuting a planet is good and all cause u can take it quickly but have u tried to neut a planet in a frigate and get out alive??? aint gonna happen no matter how good u think u are, its extremely tough in a cruiser for that matter

just wanted to get that out, it really seems to me that some of the higher ranked players dont want prestiege to be as easy for others to earn as it was for them, since they have their ranks from before the bombing fixes were done and people learned how to build more well defended planets, and i do fully intend to support all the new players and myself in this game in mirving and building worlds so they too can some time in under 5 years fly a dred, *gasp* you high ranked ppl will have to earn your kills, oh no ive done it now (please insert clever flame posts below) >:P

Nightspike
Cadet

Posted: 2008-04-09 03:11   
Well, there is probably a lot of views and facts of why (currently) Mirving is bad, and neuting (or similar) should be preferred. Im not experienced enough to give a decent list of why not to MirV.

But, i can speak from a newcomers view and say taht im fine with neuting badly build planets, recently bombed, or prebuilds. It doesnt give the uber pres of mirving, thats a given, cause you dont damage the buildings. (pop and inf only) But ive made over 300 pres last night just neuting the infantry and pop off of badly built/not rebuilt planets, in rather short time with just a bomber frig.

Youre not supposed to be leveling planets in a frigate or destroyer all by youreself anyways, when they have full def built on them. Still, mirvs make that possible.(currently) And thats wrong in first place.

You say it takes long to gain ranks not mirving? Im captain now and have about 1.1k pres to go for 2cnd rear admiral, half done neuting half done building for most part. I dont see where thats taking long given ive joined at the 5th this month only.

Also, i honestly have to say, there is no decent MMO whatsoever where you dont have to work a few months to be comparable as strong as the older player base.

A game with no decently steep advance/learning curve, is plain and simple crap imo. So im fine with neuting/building/supplying my way up there ´´slowly´´.

Regards
Nightspike

[ This Message was edited by: Nightspike on 2008-04-09 03:14 ]

Nebuchadnezzar
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-09 03:21   
u are both right however pres is hard to gain mirving is and plays an important role in DS i think that DS shouldnt change/remove mirving no point in it and in anycase u will all find somthing else to hate if MiRVs were gone

Kythian
Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-09 03:53   
whee ok, let me clarify a bit, im tired and gettin frustrated with the d/cs im getting tonight

i do not want to be instant fleet admiral, i expect to earn it, the pres i get from mirving is fine, what i want is for people to stop callin names, and stop saying "well, your a mirver so our fleet will not support you" yada yada pfff

so, im taking matters into my own hands, im starting a fleet of pro mirv ppl

and plz keep the posts coming, i value ppls opinions even if im too stubborn to listen some times >:P

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-09 04:08   
okay now its time for my 2 cents

Okay, way yonder ago about 1.479 when i FIRST subbed and registered to DS, Mirvs werent so overpowered in fact, all we ever did was, Cap the planets in tact except for a few Death stars (planets with no infantry spots)

however, in this patch, its a mirror universe, bombs flatten planets all the time, unless you got shields....the mirv bomb as LOVERLY as it is is quite simply put....glitched, so glitched in fact that 1 or 2 bombs levels a prebuilt planet, 6 of them from a bomber dread will level a fully shielded planet in 1 run...and way back when it took 7 or 8 runs before a bomb would completely destroy 1 STRUCTURE!...

Now i say to you Roger that if you side with mirvs you are an enemy of those who are trying to put a stop to this crap.....and will be shot on site mmyeeeees.....now granted, mirvs are agood way to gain rank, im not argueing that....however, Construction, combat, supply those 3 alone are better...why? because its harder and more enjoyable to TRY to stay alive....

Now i say to you Roger, and everyone else who loves to mirv THINK about the person you are intentionally trying to Tick off as it were and try being in their shoes because you wouldnt want yer freshly built planet mirved flat in front of you now woulda ya?

Think about it Roger...and then maybe you'll rethink about being a "mirv supporter"

-Hater of anything destructive about bombs (Goth)

Email GothThug {C?}
The Fisherman
Admiral
UGTO Expeditionary Fleet

Posted: 2008-04-09 04:49   
bombs flatten planet = good in my book long as u build the planet back up..

but mirvin shild planet = very bad in my books XD

my 2 >>pence<< on randomenseseseses XD

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-09 05:09   
Quote:

On 2008-04-09 04:49, smudge wrote:
bombs flatten planet = good in my book long as u build the planet back up..

but mirvin shild planet = very bad in my books XD

my 2 >>pence<< on randomenseseseses XD

erm..whats the difrence if the planet have shields or not???? so its ok to mirv ugto and luth planets but not icc planets with shield?

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-09 05:17   
thats what i dont understand tommas....-.- peoples logic sometimes makes me mad lol

Email GothThug {C?}
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-09 06:13   
Quote:

On 2008-04-09 03:00, Roger Rabbit *Mirv supporter* wrote:
a lot of ppl seem to really hate mirvs, and im yet to get a straight answer from most ppl other then if you do it we wont support you, or in the case of a certain icc fleet being called names.

im just wondering what it is that people hate so much about mirvs i see no reason why its *bad* to do especially when your rebuilding planets afterwards.

We don't hate mirving, we hate the mass mirving of entire systems in one night, and more than often, they are left unbuilt, thus crushing many hopes of enduced combat, as they are too busy either rebuilding, or just can't be arsed due to having nothing bar a few sporadic, but useless planets.

Quote:

the only thing i can think of is that the old guard, all you admiral+ guys, dont want new players to get what they see as easy prestiege, and i can respect that except one thing, how is a new player supposed to get pres in MV???

It's easy for lower players to get prestige, get a supply ship and help supply, get a destroyer and start to blow things up, there are plenty of ways to get prestige - Including Building.

Quote:

fist of all, fighting against u veteran players is suicidal, you guys know too many tricks and the ins and outs of the combat system so well that the only way a new player can get combat pres is to go with the whimps path, as you admirals call it, and use a pd/ed set up

Hardly, combat is generally easy, just use some common sense and it will get you a long way, many "veterans" seem to be revered as the best in darkspace, when infact, many of them, are useless, or sub par to even some of the most newbiest players.

And on the side of PD's ED's, They aren't bad ships, unless, you have all cannons and march in, as they are heavily exploitable in that manner, if thats the highest ship you can get, then fine, but if you can get better, learn to use better, 'cus if you get an ED/PD you will suddenly turn into the prime target.

Quote:

second, neuting a planet is good and all cause u can take it quickly but have u tried to neut a planet in a frigate and get out alive??? aint gonna happen no matter how good u think u are, its extremely tough in a cruiser for that matter

Neuting in a cruiser is very easy, and done by all factions, as a kluth player and having the weakest armour, I, and many others have neuted in the Clavate and lived, easily, if you can't manage to live, or have a sup by your side, then It's your piloting skills that are in question, not the game.

Quote:

just wanted to get that out, it really seems to me that some of the higher ranked players dont want prestiege to be as easy for others to earn as it was for them, since they have their ranks from before the bombing fixes were done and people learned how to build more well defended planets, and i do fully intend to support all the new players and myself in this game in mirving and building worlds so they too can some time in under 5 years fly a dred, *gasp* you high ranked ppl will have to earn your kills, oh no ive done it now (please insert clever flame posts below) >:P

Good luck with that, I hope we will see equal building and bombing prestige on these noobs whom you shall mentor.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2008-04-09 07:26   
ok...MY two weeks...errr cents.
Mirving is frowned on simply because the bombs are SO overpowered right now its rediculous.No,its freaking STUPID.No one ship should be able to level an entire system in one night or less with NO combat/supply support ships to back em up.As Mirvs currently are,just 1 is all that is needed to level every building and kill off every inf and civie on a planet.Think of Mirv as nuclear bombs.Yes the shoud vaporize anything in the immediate area of contact but should have a small "splash" damage radius but they dont.The radius of the bomb is basically equal to the radius of the planet.It used to be something like 3 mirvs to a building,now is 3 mirvs to a planet.Just so freaking WRONG (Faustus hope you're reading this but I doubt it.) Bombing in and of itself is not bad,just the Mirvs are NOT what they were Designed to be.A glitch somewhere made a mirv a planet killer in ALL repects.Anyway.Mirving is a NO skill talent,and when the patch comes out and IF ( BIG WORD )) its as its touted to be,a LOT of high rankers who made it from mirving are gonna find themselves on the short end of the stick because they dont know how to bomb by skimming/using scouts and scanners and several other trick.So with all that said.I look forward to FS killing you in the next version of DS.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-04-09 08:17   
ok as a VCA fleet moderator i am sort of inclined to reply to this with the following, mirving is the easyiest way to gain pres. BUT the reason not many people like mirvs is that when someone mirvs a planet they never build it back up after and so as many planets would fall due to mirvs and no one would build them up again so many players left due to the lack of planets built up and onlyu a hand full of players would build them up again but as soon as they were built the mirvers would be there within maybe afew mins to flatten it. now lets say you have built up one entire system and its one of the real big systems it would take wat 5 hours or more and ur a speed builder and u complete them fully so u think ur work is done and log off for say 1 hour and when u come back every planet u built up has been destroyed and there is one other player on and u say wat happened to the planets that u had built and he says they were flattened in a matter of lets say 20 mins so wat im getting at is that it took u 5 6 hours to build every planet in one system and it only takes the mirver 20 mins to desimate them ALL and wat would a hard core mirver say oh i wonder "ahh forget the planets ive nuked i cant be bothered to build them bk up lets find some other planetas to nuke and some other player with build them up" and the other players come on and they will say "omg not again ok thats it im not building it up again its only going to be flattened again" and it would carry on and on and on untill some one like a VCA member or nukey or tommas to come along and think ahhh great time to build and thats the thing not many players are willing to build planets bk up after theyve been flattend

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-09 10:57   
Command has a good point, in that MiRVing is simply too easy.

But thats not the real reason for it being so widely loathed. The fact of the matter is, most players who MiRV do it just for the pres, with a state of mind similar to "ok, lets look for all shieldless planets for the quickest prestige". They don't care about bombing and capping.. they care about gaining prestige.

And because that is their only goal, most of the time, the players don't even bother to build (or even capture!) the planet that they have just flattened, the result is half of the MV is barren, flat, and entirely useless. (I have seen this, on kluth, our home systems were all entirely flat and useless.. and when you don't want to continue to build to have your planets instantly destroyed.. and the bombers don't want to build because they don't care, they want to MiRV.. the MV becomes useless, and people stop playing altogether). Building takes a long time, and the pres isn't even comparable to that of MiRVing.

No one will hate on you for MiRVing a few planets, and working to rebuild them, immediately.

You WILL however get jumped by entire factions with a dictor for MiRVing one system, and moving to the next without any care for building.

And supply is the easiest way to make pres, so if you're so concerned about easy prestige, get in a sup and supply the bomber.

Kythian
Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-09 12:19   
ok, i got my answers thank u guys for explaining it to me, wish it didnt take a post on the forums to get an answer about it from u all, but now i know

ill still probably continue to mirv, ask anybody in VCA or CEC, i rebuild all the planets i flatten and yes my bombing/building pres is really close but i will admit to having a bit more bombing pres

as for flattening an entire system i have never and will never do that myself

and since reading the responses to this ive dug up info on bombing in 484, i cant wait for it, just so i can find a new way to bomb >:P

thx very much everyone for answering my post

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-09 12:25   
Quote:

and since reading the responses to this ive dug up info on bombing in 484, i cant wait for it, just so i can find a new way to bomb >:P

Oh, and btw, There's no "I" in bombing in 484, it will take more than one bomber, aswell as supplies.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-09 12:38   
Quote:

On 2008-04-09 12:25, Little Pet Slinki wrote:

Oh, and btw, There's no "I" in bombing in 484, it will take more than one bomber, aswell as supplies.

Bombyng?

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2008-04-10 10:16 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027276 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR