No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » just my two cents
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author just my two cents
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-09 14:27   
wow, im glad we got through to this kid....Score 1 for the good guys XD

Email GothThug {C?}
codenemesis
Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-09 14:37   
Yah it gets really annoying, at one time i did bomb for rank, now i understand why people are so frustrated, ive tryed going good and building planets, and so far its gettin me somewhere. But there are numerous times when IM NOT EVEN DONE BUILDING and they come in, paying no attention to me what so ever, and nuking the planet completely, then they go off and start calling you a noob because you want them to stop mirving so you pull a PD or sumthin, thats why I am how i am, i get angered easily, thats why im on the admins black list XD

In short, and hopefully easier to understand, it's people calling each other noobs because one factions nukes everything, then the other factions turns around and pulls out one of there overpowered ships (pd for example) Its sort of a cycle, do you see what im saying or do you not get it at all?
I hardly understand myself sometimes XD

00:44:23 Feralwulf: \"I am, therefore I ban\"

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-04-09 15:10   

Ill spare him some cotter.

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-04-09 15:11 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Sputter{TB}
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2008-04-09 17:11   
one must remember what its like to be kluth and getting nuked to nothing when there was no safe zones that is why mirvs are so hated

Email Sputter{TB}
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-04-09 17:54   
There is an actual, physical bug in the code of the game itself that causes bomb splash damage to encompass the entire planet when they are only supposed to affect the few areas around where the bombs hit. It is an actual bug and its being abused & exploited, THAT is why it causes such a stir.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-09 18:16   
And the right answer goes to...

Coeus! for keeping it short and sweet

DarkInterceptor
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-09 19:23   
Mirv if you like just be warned when the dictor comes a flying to be a crying

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-10 00:27   
the mirv bomb is bugged?

had i known that earlier i would use neuts all of the time.

That said, if an enemy keeps planet hugging for supplies, nuke that planet and kill them! mirving annoys people but planet hugging annoys even more...

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-10 01:17   

But yes, Bombing is so glitched.....which is why...its addictive....and in 484.....we are gonna ween you guys off this drug....its worse than Ketresel white lol....

But yes....im done

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2008-04-10 10:20 ]

Email GothThug {C?}
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-04-10 02:01   
Well now, I consider myself a competent builder of planets and I have to say that I agree with the majority about using mirv bombs needlessly.

Like wasting an entire system in a few mins which took well over a few hrs to build and then not even capturing a single planet or cutting a path through 3 or 4 systems and then leaving them wasted and last but most definitely not the least of all, mirving a planet while someone is in the middle of building it. I've seen all of this done by "Vets in Dreads" so don't even try to put the blame on "Noobies".

Yeah, easy prestige. Way too easy.

I thought the object of the game was to conquer and control the systems, not to just fly around and cause mass destruction. In reality, I think you would need a supply route and developed planets to further an advance into enemy territory.

On the other hand, I also agree that building up pres is hard for all of us "younger" players who want to enter into battle but can't because of the ships we're limited to using. I hear a lot of talk about "Lack of skill" or being able to "Take down a Dread with a Scout". Yeah right, I'd like to see that.

You want combat, try leaving the dreads and stations in the garage for a change and use a destroyer or something like that instead.

LOL, just my two cents worth.

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-10 09:48   

Bombing is an essential part of the game. I do use neuts usually but i have been given the name delta -mirver- flyer by some people I am a mirver. there you go. i enjoy this game and bombing is a fine art to be mastered. Side bombing, cluster bombing, spread bombing... i have seen people using mirvs in all the factions but did they get a nickname? no.

Face it, Mirving is a part of the game and it will be fixed in .484

That said, Neuting has several benefits.

One of which is that you dont have to rebuild. And that they pass through sheilds.

One thing i would like to ask is, how do neutron bombs get thruogh sheilds? are they different in any way apart from just killing pop?

I am not going to mirv that much from now on but if i choose to, it is my right to choose to. I also rebuild.

And, on a final note... Everyone is going on about mirvs without the slightest mention of fighter bombing...

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2008-04-10 10:22 ]

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-10 09:52   
i think this forum should be locked before major disagreements happen.

Some people hate mirving,

Some dont...

everyone is different but i agree with what DMC says.

Mirving (especially ICC bomber dread - im not faction bashing, just stating the obvious) in dreads is a bad issue.

Maybe limit dreads to fighter bombing?

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-10 10:24   
keep it civil or i WILL lock it.

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2008-04-10 17:54   
as for fighter bombers..ICC cant use em ecept for 2 on bomber dread ,4 on carrier 4 and 4 or 5 on CC...none on station...been that way for ages.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Command*CO* on 2008-04-10 17:55 ]

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-10 18:01   
"You want combat, try leaving the dreads and stations in the garage for a change and use a destroyer or something like that instead. "

.... you are against everything we stand for.

Which is the fact that, yes, scouts > dreads, so we work our arses off to fly coffins, err, I mean, dreads.

you say "yeah i'd like to see that".. but you don't seem to realize how hard destroyers and lower are to kill.

They can mod their armor to the same level that stations and dreads can.. but they are far faster and with glitched weaponry

If you'd "like it see it".. take a gander into the MV and watch.

If you are going to talk about destroyers, see http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=44354&forum=1 . This topic is about MiRVing anyways

[ This Message was edited by: Xpli$it on 2008-04-10 18:02 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.043442 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR