No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » just my two cents
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author just my two cents
Navras
Cadet

Posted: 2008-04-10 21:34   
Honestly, I feel there needs to be a few people who MirV and don't rebuild. However, having everyone do it, and on planets that are being built (literally bombing in front of the engineer, come on people, you get more pres if you let them finish I believe), is simply way out of hand. I played this game for about a month a while back, and I came back with the full intention of being a builder, so while I don't support the extremely excessive mirving going on, it does leave me with some blank planets to work with :]

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-10 21:51   
(there arent any hard core combat pilots from 483 to the exception of a few who dont need naming ) mirvs=can flatten a planet with 3-4 direct hits=hated IMMENSELY my builders.

EDIT: and for those in the admiral rank who give you crap about mirving and are from 483, and arent the few true combat elite of this patch, they just dont want competition.

[ This Message was edited by: Veronw on 2008-04-10 21:54 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-11 06:47   
I wonder what my post was edited for back on the first page...

Either way, relevant:

Gentlemen, I like DarkSpace.
Gentlemen, I like DarkSpace.

Gentlemen, I love DarkSpace.

I like supplying.
I like combat.
I like bombing.
I like building.
I like sieges.
I like breaking through.
I like retreating.
I like finishing it off.
And I like withdrawing.

In clusters, in open space, near the Jump Gates, in a Home System, at a Star, at a lone planet, near allies, near enemies, against players, against NPCs.

I truly love each and every aspect of DarkSpace in this galaxy.

I like the thunderous roar of the Dreadnoughts' Particle Cannons as they blow away all enemies on the front lines.

When an enemy is shot to pieces after their armor's been obliterated and the pieces explode in a blaze, my heart dances.

I like crushing the enemy fleet with the torpedo mounts on our fleet.

I like it when one of the Stations, with their QSTs and Ions, clash with an enemy Station.

It always left a warm feeling in my chest when they would jump out of the fight, only to be tracked and taken down after all.

I like it when the bombers plow through the planet's defenses with their bombs all in line.

I remember being moved when I saw new players, innocent as they are, fly their small vessels and score a kill.

And it's unendurably exciting when a foolish faction switcher is shot to pieces in a cluster.

And how wonderful it is when an enemy ship shrieks out in sync with the infantry drop pods I'm gleefully capturing him with.

And that pitiful planetary defense, firing at us desperately, despite their lack of destructive firepower.

I even remember the 50 bomb loadout from the R33 assault, when we flattened the planet!

I like it when the opposing vessels are thrown into chaos.

And when the planet they were supposed to be protecting is Neutron bombed, and the planetary defenses are razed repeatedly...
Oh, how very sad it is.

I like it when the K'luth and ICC war vessels are crushed and obliterated!!

And them being chased, beaconed or with no energy to fuel their shields, waiting to be finished like a sitting duck is the ultimate disgrace.

Gentlemen, what I want is DarkSpace to be played in utter enjoyment.

Gentlemen, my compatriots, members of my faction, those that follow me...

Gentlemen, what do you desire?

Do you also want fun?

Is sportmanship and enjoyment in DarkSpace what you want?

Do you yearn for a game that stretches the very limit of awesome and epic win that it makes all other games pale in comparison?

Very well then. We shall have fun.

[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2008-04-11 06:49 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-11 07:16   
bard, that just brought a tear to me eye

Email GothThug {C?}
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-04-11 23:27   
Well Xpli$it, I'm not against everything we stand for. Just the needless and excessive use of the mirv's, which is what the original post is about.

As for the Scout taking out a Dread, I mean no disrespect but please show me that. I've been in the mv quite a bit and I haven't seen or heard of that happening while I've been in game. But I sure do read about it a lot. The reason I said leave the Dreads and Stations in the garage was for all of the players that say they don't see any combat. None of the new players or those of us with insufficient rank are going to engage battle against those ships. Who wants to keep dying and loseing prestige? I sure don't.

Anyway, to those who want to mirv planets, go right ahead. Just please wait until the engineer is done building it and at least cap it before you leave that system. Now that isn't too much to ask for, is it?

DMC-13

P.S.
I agree with most of what Roger Rabbit said in his original post.

[ This Message was edited by: DMC-13 on 2008-04-11 23:35 ]

Email DMC-13
RonZo *FC*
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2008-04-12 01:39   
Hey!

As far as i know:

Both bombs are used for different strategic situations. Could be as for conquering or to take advantage from defs/null enemy support for combat. All depends on game.

CEC hate excessive mirver, read motto, not mirving. U mirv, u build.

Sometimes people to get noticed, act stupid, and do whatever it takes. Bombing is the funniest and exciting part of the game as it was created for REAL TEAMWORK, not a source of easy pres and 1 pilot stand.

Im sure next patch will bring back real bombing, where even mirving was hard and not "that sure" as it is now.

I was told all players that have NOTORIOUS excesive bombing prestige will be reduced to half of it. I agree on that, cause made my pres with hard work and makes me mad to see someone in a few months or even weeks to get prestige that took me almost a year. THATS WHAT WE COMPLAIN ROGER!

Well, we will dictor and destroy any mirver as we are doing so far. No exceptions.

Txs!

RonZo

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.017018 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR