Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » The Chapter K'Luth
 Author The Chapter K'Luth
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-04-09 08:14   
My first chapter

[Word from me]
Hello this is Eledore Massis.
In recent time i have been thinking of helping and or bugging the DarkSpace Developers, While doing so i hope to be a little contribution to the development even if only by asking questions makes them think a little more about the subject.
But because i don't want to keep the developers away from there essential work i have been keeping my comments, questions and suggestions to a minimal but finally i think it is time to write down some of them i have.

(Ok truth this and other document has been sitting on my disk for almost a year and i finally decided to get rid of them by posting.)

Below are some of those that i have about the k'luth,

[introduction]
k'luth and organic
K'luth devices and ships are heavenly based on biotechnology and use only limited amount of minerals or composites.
Most of the heavy minerals used by the K'luth is concerning there Anti-Matter technology (see Recap on the K'luth) and by there automated repair systems.
All other aspects of the K'luth are mainly biological from there hull armor and sensors to there weapon systems.
while all the other devices not completely free from minerals, the k'luth shapers are inconsistent with the amount and actual mineral used in these devices, the still all operate almost with the same output.

[Arguments]
My First point i am trying to make is is about there missiles.
Currently the employ Shredder, Psi, and Shock missiles.
Thinking about the biological element of the k'luth i came to the idea that k'luth should not launch there missiles but more like a bird release them or be more like the spew them out.
Giving the idea of how there launch facility of these missiles should look like i came to the idea that k'luth simply grow there missiles in the launching area and release them if required. This would in term give them almost a unlimited amount of missiles as long as there ship has the raw resources to construct more.
However considering this in game would propose a problem as a faction. because how to balance this out, i would suggest thinking about it. K'luth are to be using hit and run strategy's and by using there cloaking to get safely from the battle field. While doing so the give them selves time to repair and! re-arm.
Giving the missiles no ammo but a higher reload time should balance it out. not to mention the k'luth mentality if your shooting long range, you shoot long range! if it gets close, use meely weapons (psi cannon and ruptors).

My Second point is about the k'luth drives.
(Already in game deleted most of it)
This already has been known by the developers but why do all k'luth have Ion Engine drives (IE) and Tachyon Jump Drive? The should have AME and AMJD.
And or not only that but the might have more normal drives from before the discovered/acquired anti-matter technology from when the didn't had there Faster than Light technology. there should be still some Biological drives around.
(Deleted some old stuff)

Third point k'luth infantry.
My actual point also touches up on something about planetary buildings.
Like all other factions the k'luth currently have a barrack to produce infantry, but lets take a closer look at the k'luth. All k'luth are mandatory forced to teach them selves combat from the day the are hatched, artisan later on choose there function while Drones are forced join the Warrior caste. therefor in every population of k'luth it is possible to create a defense force from the available population.
So the don't need a special structure to train or create troops because the just need to gather some population and for a unit. [The only aspect that comes to mind to be a problem would be equipment]

Keeping in mind that at a later stage k'luth might get its own planetary structures, i would suggest removing there barracks and allow normal infantry generation from there population living space (Domes).

p.s.
While writing this i find myself am still a little confused about; "Heavy Infantry" and "Infantry".
For the k'luth i could not find any idea why the would have two separate kinds of troops other than equipment.
but that made my mind wonder a bit, with in mind the discussions i have had with developer drafell. I came to a conclusion about the two separate types of infantry.
However this idea will be posted in a other thread.
(will post that as soon as i find it)
Found it. Link

[Edit-List]
09-04-2008 Infantry link

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore[NL] on 2008-04-09 12:54 ]

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-09 16:53   
Kluth being able to generate troops from the planet population (limited for balance reasons) would offset the slow recharge time for Disruptor beams...

I, for one, favor it . Maybe a Barracks-like structure would help facilitate the conversion of the k'luth equivalent of 'normal inf' to heavy infantry.

Page created in 0.012148 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR