Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » The Chapter Infantry.
 Author The Chapter Infantry.
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-04-09 12:15   
The chapter Infantry.

While i was writing the part about K'Luth Infantry i came to the confusion of the different infantry.
Let me quote that part again.
"Heavy Infantry" and "Infantry".
For the k'luth i could not find any idea why the would have two separate kinds of troops other than equipment.
but that made my mind wonder a bit, with in mind the discussions i have had with developer drafell. I came to a conclusion about the future types of Infantry.

In the coming version upgrade of ships will be done around the orbit of a friendly planet that has the technology, resources and sufficient credits of the player.
I hope to have the same for Infantry.

I hope special Infantry training will take time, but it there will be some coding to do if we want see this happening.
My view is Infantry should be trained or there should be a option to be able to upgrade regular Infantry with credits and resources to form other kinds of Infantry
But this all depends on what the dev's want an can do.

My idea of Infantry in practice.
Standard Infantry for a planet defence are Regular Infantry and Heavy Infantry these trained by a planetary barrack structure and take a certain amount of time to train, once completed they will get added to the planet's Defense-Force. Players can load Infantry from the Defense-Force to there own ship for free.
In warfare many kinds of Infantry are needed to preform special tasks, Players can place a order to purchase special Infantry at a barracks on a allied planet. The player pays the credits and resources are taken from the planets pool to begin the training of these new troops. (Current training of Defense-Force troops will be either halted or canceled).
Training of these troops should take a certain time. All Infantry purchased will have the fleet-alliance of the player that purchased them.
Once the ordered special Infantry has completed its training it shall be send automatically to the player that ordered them. If in the event the player is no longer in orbit of the planet, the Infantry will be added to the planets Defense-Force.
If special Infantry is added to the Planets Defense-Force because the player is no longer in orbit, they can't be loaded or ordered by members of other fleets, the can however be scrapped.

In my idea for human Infantry types,

• Regular Infantry; 50 Resources 2 minutes (Green & regular)
    Standard Infantry trained in barracks for planet Defending.
    On Planet: Weak Attacking, Weak Razinging, Decent Defending.
    space: normal Infantry pod, Weak Capturing, Weak Raiding, Weak Defending.
  • > Ligh Infantry; 30 Resources 200 credits 45 seconds (green, regular)
    Light Infantry, cheap and concentrate on Attacking enemy Infantry only
    On Planet: excellent Attacking, No Razing, Weak Defending.
    Space: Normal Infantry pod, Decent Capturing, Weak Raiding, Weak Defending.
  • > Heavy Infantry; 125 Resources 6 minutes or 1000 Credits 4 minutes (Green, Regular, Veteran & Hardened)
    Slow Infantry, trained for planetary assault and Planet Defence.
    On Planet: excellent Attacking, excellent Razing, Exelent Defending.
    Space: Normal Infantry pod, are cargo because there size and firepower are unsuited in the enclosed space of inside a ship.
  • > ICC SSF (Special Space Forces); 85 Resources 850 Credits 2 minutes (Regular, Veteran, Hardened)
    Specially trained Forces of the ICC, excel in 3D space combat.
    On planet: Special Pod burns up on atmospheric re-entry, unless guided by planetary starport.
    Space: Fast speed pod, Decent Capturing, excellent Raiding, excellent Defending
  • UGTO APB (Anti-Pirate Battalion); 110 Resources 900 Credits 2 minutes
    Specially trained for anti-pirate action. stop for nothing fear nothing and are known to be extremely brutal.
    On planet: Weak attacking, excellent razing, Weak Defending.
    Space: reinforced Infantry Pod, excellent Capturing, Weak Raiding, Decent Defending.
  • Drinking party; 70 Resources 2 minutes or 300 credits 1 minute (Green, Regular)
    Regular pirate Infantry,
    On Planet: Decent Attacking, excellent Razing, Weak Defending
    Space: Regular cargo pod, Decent Capturing, Weak raiding, Weak Defending.
  • Pirate Raiding party; 85 Resources 700 credits 2 minutes 30 seconds (Regular, Veteran, Hardened)
    Second to even Fifth generation of space pirates, not afraid to defend them selves and have a eye for good prey.
    On Planet: Decent Attacking, Weak Razing, excellent Defending
    Space: excellent Capturing, No Raiding, Decent Defending.

Credits, resources and balance are up to the developers but just to give a idea.

As last i would like to add i sincerely hope this idea will come under consideration of the dev team.
O and plz add comments.

[edit-list]
09-04-2008: Typo's

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore[NL] on 2008-04-09 12:20 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-09 20:53   
I always thought engineers would be a cool infantry unit, thats only good at helping repairing your ship (hull and gadgets, not armor)

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2008-04-10 07:20   
I like these aspects, perhaps there could also be an option that certain infantry cannot capture a planet. this would leave them with the need of other type of infantry to "support" them.

- Axi

Page created in 0.011003 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR