No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Some Attitude
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Some Attitude
Nightspike
Cadet

Posted: 2008-04-10 21:33   
This is directed at certain ICC players, you know who you are.
But also at players in general.

Lay off some attitude and pike down a bit more.

If a non fleeted player, which is therefore free to lend a hand where he deems neccesary, comes in to help youre side.
Sees you say something thats not true, corrects you politely because he was present in a heavy supply ship all the time and you werent.

It is not a good, smart nor even humane to instantly start flaming him with sentences like:

Go leave spy!

Ill report you for faction hopping!
(mind you coming in from 2 hours lobby to lend a hand and unfleeted/new)

Fighter bombing is the same as Mirving you freaking noob!
(no its not, icc planets needed 5 stations + aggie and a load of supply ships just to take shields down and it took ages due to shields/pulse lasers and sensors, so we actualy made quite some effort, just like its sposed to be.)

Leave my dam faction!

Yes these things have been thrown at me out of the blue, for myself it means that ive made my mind up for good NEVER to lend ICC (in this case) a hand again.

So i advise not only in this case, but in general to take it easy a bit more, especialy against unfleeted players coming from the lobby wanting to actualy help you, wether they have been present at a previous invasion/fight on some other side or not.

If you dont, the only thing you will do is longtime enemies and in case of less hard nutted MMO gamers, youll make them simply leave for good.

Thanks for youre time.

Regards
Nightspike

[ This Message was edited by: Nightspike on 2008-04-10 21:33 ]

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-10 21:41   
I agree that the general attitude of certain players on ALL factions need some....adjustements when concerned with non-fleeted players.

The spy comment always gets to me as well. If nightspike was spying, why then, would he be on ur faction, probably dying in battle?

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-10 22:21   
I hate you!

Get off ICC!

OH MY GOD.

Joking of course, Or was I?

But yeah, this whole 'He was just UGTO, now he's ICC! He's a Spy!' deal has gone on for versions. People are paranoid.

Email Supertrooper
Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-10 22:24   
Yeah, that kind of thing...on a whole, just ignore it.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-11 00:20   
Quote:

On 2008-04-10 21:33, Nightspike wrote:
Ill report you for faction hopping!
(mind you coming in from 2 hours lobby to lend a hand and unfleeted/new)

Their is no way thats a reportable offense.

Only if you spy. Thats definied in the RoC.

You should really read up on some of it so you can better ignore the stupid threats.

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-11 01:24   
And really, even if said person was spying.....so what? how does that change the current situation? Answer: It doesn't. Fine, they changed factions and now their fighting against their previous allies, big whoop....that's the general idea for people who are fleetless, they don't wanna be tagged to one faction, they wanna play on all(or just 2 as not many people wanna play luth right now....for obvious reasons...) either for ligit, or semi-legit reasons.

Deal.

H&S

P.S. Besides, we all know that neither ICC or UGTO really matter in the end, cause luth is where it's at.

Nightspike
Cadet

Posted: 2008-04-11 01:38   
@ Fattierob I knew and do know it was a pointless threat(ive read the RoC).

Which is why i just replied: ´´Go ahead´´ to that

That is not my point there, this just shows the attitude which must be toned down in a actual example that happened.

I could have given a lot more, different examples, of what ppl throw at eachother at times, which is why this was directed to the general playerbase just as much as to the ones throwing those examples at me.

Ps.: Ignoring isnt always a solution, sometimes you have to point at problems to get a solution, not just walking on and doing nothing about it.

[ This Message was edited by: Nightspike on 2008-04-11 01:40 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-11 01:52   
I know what you mean. The worst is when your former allies all call you a lamer as well because you switched sides.

"FACTION HOPPER. STUPID NOOB." etc over /yell.

It's not just the ICC, either. The most relaxed fleet of all would be K'luth, actually. You never hear anyone complain about them on the forums, and they are pretty cool with you just hanging out on their side if you feel like it, and going on another's side when you don't. At least, that's what I experienced. When I hopped in, stating I was just checking out the Mandible, they even gave me hints on how to fly it best, what weapons to give it, share their strategies even though they knew full well I wouldn't stay with them.

I have very pleasant experiences with lobster players. (:

My advice is to simply not respond in kind, and remain your cool at all times. Nothing takes the sting out of another's stinger more than simply staying calm, and refuting their idiocy with sensible comments.

"If I was here to spy on you, I wouldn't be doing it in the heat of action while repairing your Dreadnoughts. If you think on it, I don't have much overview when I'm flying to save my life and that of yours.
Also, have you considered I may just genuinely be wanting to help the side which, to me, seemed to be on the short end of the battle?"

DarkSpace players may be rude, but that is why it is important to try and remain a cordial attitude at all times. Who knows, you might inspire others to do just the same.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-11 04:57   
Quote:

On 2008-04-11 01:52, Bardiche wrote:

DarkSpace players may be rude, but that is why it is important to try and remain a cordial attitude at all times. Who knows, you might inspire others to do just the same.

Or you can just wait and hope the idiot sets you on follow and slam him into a planet for his own good.

-Ent

Navras
Cadet

Posted: 2008-04-11 09:03   
Quote:

On 2008-04-11 04:57, Enterprise wrote:

Or you can just wait and hope the idiot sets you on follow and slam him into a planet for his own good.

-Ent

QFT

I can actually differ with my experience in the past. I've usually found the ICC most helpful when I would go to their faction in a supply ship. Never was I accused of spying. Maybe they knew that If I was going to spy, wouldn't I be doing it from somewhere where I won't get blown to bits and lose pres?
UGTO on the other hand, had always given me problems. It happened no matter what ship I happened to jump in, but if I was in anything but a suppy, a hailstorm of "GTFO Spy" and "Faction hopping nub" would ensue.

I'm going to agree with the post from a few... posts... ago, don't exactly know how to reference that. The K'luth players are the mots chill bunch in DarkSpace. I guess it's because they are just the guys who run around and just try to mess up battles for one way or another, but aren't really one of the major holders of space in the MV

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2008-04-11 13:26 ]

Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2008-04-11 09:27   
i agree that there a lot of players with to much atitude. i have been a faction hoper for a long time. and i know the feeling. everytime i chanced i got things flung at my head like .... wel fill in the blank you all know it.

Timbo
The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-11 12:54   
Well theres alot of diffrent types of faction hopper. Those who are just going around doing some combat and other things and just hanging out its awsome.

But theres other types that i dont like. For example if say one dude have mirved like 1-2 systems from a faction, then when hes done he goes to that faction later he WILL get frown uppon. easy

And then u got those other retards that goes into a faction, starts deactivating planets/scrappin. And then go back to his original faction and start mirving those said planets...thats just low and cheap ass behaviors.

But i for one dont care much about the first i mentioned. I think its cool to meet new ppl and i migth even learn a few tricks and stuff from them. But its a war game and some ppl just dont like eachother and then there will always be some problems

[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ KSF HunnyBunny ] on 2008-04-11 14:32 ]

DarkInterceptor
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-11 20:40   
I have been faction hopping for a while now sometimes people respond bad or good towards this but how ever the point is......................
we al pay to play we pay for something we can have fun doing and juts because uve played 5 days or 5 years it does not make any difference we all pay to play and faction hopping is to keep our selves interested in the game playing the same faction day after day after day gets stale there are not many people on ds who can say they have been in the same faction from day one .

so spike all i can say to u is play the game have fun and ignore the few who have nothing better to do then harass other clients of darkspace to try to make them selve look good.

DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-04-11 22:39   
I agree with the majority and those that say things like "GTFO spy" and "Faction Hopping Noob" just might be trying to put the spotlight on someone else because they are actually the one's that go around and sabatoge the other factions planets and then come back and waste system after system making easy pres points.

I actually think that happens quite a bit and if there was a way to prove it, I'd be the first one to stand up, point and say, " There's the spy, let's nail him to the cross".

DMC-13

P.S.
I was only kidding when I said that you were a "Fair weather shipmate".

Email DMC-13
DarkInterceptor
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-12 06:25   
On a few ocassions i have played a faction and noticed an entire system deactivated of course the first thing i do is reactivate and sure thing 10 minutes later a bomber shows up and dies.........................is there anyway besides locking planets to a high rank to stop this from happening?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032467 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR