No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +15.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Music Genres (my favorites and others)
 Author Music Genres (my favorites and others)
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-13 08:17   
My Top 10 All Time Favorite Music Genres and SubGenres

as most of you are aware i have a radio station that i share with slinki and his friends...mostly i play Dancey catchy tracks that are not available for purchase in the US, you have to special order them...which is what i do lol....

so here they are in the order that i play them...and the subgenres so you wont get confused

1. Genre: Industrial: SubGenre: EBM (Electronic Body Music)
now this is the thing, Electronic Body music has 7 Other SubGenres namely, Darkwave, This Subgenre spawned about 62 Artists, Some of you have heard some have not heard, the most commonly known artists to have this subgenre are: Depeche Mode, and Gary Numan

2. Genre: Metal: Sub-Genre: Industrial-Metal
This Genre spawned alot of artists in the 80's and 90's and commonly known are 6 active bands that are well known still play this Genre: 2 of which have new albums due out this year: Disturbed and Flesh Field

3. Genre: Goth: Sub-Genre: Gothic Metal: Sub-Genre: Goth Rock: This is by far my most favorite Genre of all time....but its number 3 because the other 2 are my most played: Artists: Type O Negative and Lacuna Coil Etc

4. Genre: Alternative: Sub-Genre: industrial: Sub-Genre: Industrial and Alternative Dance: This Genre gets alot of playtime in the clubs, but not on my station...because there arent any artists in the underground with this label...

5. Genre: Electronica: Sub-Genre: Euro-Dance: Sub-genre: Psy-Trance:
This is another of my favorites, its the General Genre of all the other 4 Genres...Artists: The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, The Crystal Method

6. Rave&Techno: This Genre Goes Hand in Hand...since the 90's Techno and Rave have always been a + in music....Artists: Lords of Acid, Praga Khan,

7. Country: Sub-Genre: hip-hop Country: yes this Genre is also part of my playlist, why? because a black guy raps about the burbs and Rednecks XD

8. Black Metal: Sub-Genre: Symphonic Black Metal: There isnt an explaination i can give on this....its just...beautiful....Artists: Dimmu-Borgir, Amorphis, Samael, Pain, and Cradle of Filth

9. Power Metal: Sub-Genre: Gabber: This Genre can be best described as....long, hard, and super cool....Artists: Kamalot, Dragonforce, Battlelore

10. Genre: hardstyle: sub-genre: Tech-step, Happy Hardcore, Jungle, Drum-&-Bass: Artists: Felix Da Housecat etc

and now, my personal favorite... since 1991 Rap and Metal have been introduced into the mainstream, and renamed Rapcore....but now...things are different....as its 2008 there is an artist that expands the boundries and limits to his music...that artist is...Celldweller...although labeled as Experimental...his Genres Range to Hip-Hop Dance too Ambient....and is has numerous Movie soundtrack songs throughout the US...

Celldweller: Genre: Experimental: Sub-Genre, Techno, Hardstyle, Trance, Breakbeat, Breaks, Industrial-Dance

this guy is the best at what he does...see his other works, Argyle Park, AP2, Criss Angel, Circle of Dust, and scott blackwell...

[ This Message was edited by: GothThug {C?} on 2008-04-13 08:30 ]

Email GothThug {C?}
Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-13 09:47   
Now, why did I predict Goth would be the one behind this thread...and find out that I'm correct?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-13 10:03   
Quote:

On 2008-04-13 09:47, Fatal Panda (w00tcakes) wrote:
Now, why did I predict Goth would be the one behind this thread...and find out that I'm correct?

does it matter?

codenemesis
Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-13 11:43   
I dunno, he likes music, it doesnt seem that anyone else really cares for music >.> at least not from what ive seen....
--------------------------------------
Jazz ftw, i play a saxaphone, as im sure numerous other people already know....

[ This Message was edited by: codenemisis on 2008-04-13 11:44 ]
00:44:23 Feralwulf: \"I am, therefore I ban\"

Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2008-04-13 13:22   
This had GothThug written all over it.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-13 14:58   
I'll take this over Comp Requests anyday.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
!Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Cadet

Posted: 2008-04-13 21:07   
Reggae, Hawaiian Reggae, Gospel Reggae, Hawaiian.

das right i like reggae =P

Goto the website of !Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-04-14 05:29   
Quote:

On 2008-04-13 08:17, GothThug {C?} wrote:
My Top 10 All Time Favorite Music Genres and SubGenres

1. Genre: Industrial: SubGenre: EBM (Electronic Body Music)
now this is the thing, Electronic Body music has 7 Other SubGenres namely, Darkwave, This Subgenre spawned about 62 Artists, Some of you have heard some have not heard, the most commonly known artists to have this subgenre are: Depeche Mode, and Gary Numan

San: Ill agree with this one. Its my #1 also but id throw combichrist, suicide commando, imperative reaction into this.

2. Genre: Metal: Sub-Genre: Industrial-Metal
This Genre spawned alot of artists in the 80's and 90's and commonly known are 6 active bands that are well known still play this Genre: 2 of which have new albums due out this year: Disturbed and Flesh Field

San: Disturbed is not industrial, it falls under gay alternative. Why isnt Skinny Puppy mentioned here?

3. Genre: Goth: Sub-Genre: Gothic Metal: Sub-Genre: Goth Rock: This is by far my most favorite Genre of all time....but its number 3 because the other 2 are my most played: Artists: Type O Negative and Lacuna Coil Etc

San: Yay for Type O. Boo for lacuna coil. I saw lacuna in concert once and they were terrible.

4. Genre: Alternative: Sub-Genre: industrial: Sub-Genre: Industrial and Alternative Dance: This Genre gets alot of playtime in the clubs, but not on my station...because there arent any artists in the underground with this label...'

San: this should be merged with a few other genres you have listed here.

5. Genre: Electronica: Sub-Genre: Euro-Dance: Sub-genre: Psy-Trance:
This is another of my favorites, its the General Genre of all the other 4 Genres...Artists: The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, The Crystal Method

San: Wtf? you botched this one all to hell.

6. Rave&Techno: This Genre Goes Hand in Hand...since the 90's Techno and Rave have always been a + in music....Artists: Lords of Acid, Praga Khan,

San: Not really a fan of rave or techno. Im not asian enough.

7. Country: Sub-Genre: hip-hop Country: yes this Genre is also part of my playlist, why? because a black guy raps about the burbs and Rednecks XD

San: You should burn in hell for this one Goth! lol

8. Black Metal: Sub-Genre: Symphonic Black Metal: There isnt an explaination i can give on this....its just...beautiful....Artists: Dimmu-Borgir, Amorphis, Samael, Pain, and Cradle of Filth

San: Honestly, your misisng the biggies here...Immortal, Venom, Emperor, Dissection...and it should be number 3

9. Power Metal: Sub-Genre: Gabber: This Genre can be best described as....long, hard, and super cool....Artists: Kamalot, Dragonforce, Battlelore

San: you could almost throw Iron Maiden under here

10. Genre: hardstyle: sub-genre: Tech-step, Happy Hardcore, Jungle, Drum-&-Bass: Artists: Felix Da Housecat etc

San: BOOOOOO!

and now, my personal favorite... since 1991 Rap and Metal have been introduced into the mainstream, and renamed Rapcore....but now...things are different....as its 2008 there is an artist that expands the boundries and limits to his music...that artist is...Celldweller...although labeled as Experimental...his Genres Range to Hip-Hop Dance too Ambient....and is has numerous Movie soundtrack songs throughout the US...

Celldweller: Genre: Experimental: Sub-Genre, Techno, Hardstyle, Trance, Breakbeat, Breaks, Industrial-Dance

San: Celldweller?!?!? Rap metal?!?!? WTF stop smoking crack Goth. You ever hear of Circle of Dust? Same guy dude. This should be under INDUSTRIAL METAL, this should be with bands like Ministry, leather strip/Klute, and many others.

[ This Message was edited by: GothThug {C?} on 2008-04-13 08:30 ]

ARGHHHHHH!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-04-14 05:30 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-14 09:03   
oh but san!, Circle of Dust was Industrial-Electronic! SO DANCEY! lol....and um....i dont care if i botched it....errm....glad you like some of my choices tho

Email GothThug {C?}
Page created in 0.014377 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR