No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Encourage Building~
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Encourage Building~
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-26 10:11   
Just putting out my idea that I would love the act of Engineering to be rewarded -better-. Given the time spent to build things, (and the fact you lose prestige for scrapping things, so you NEED to stick around and slowbuild for prestige), and the reward yielded, I think it'd be fair if you heightened the amount of prestige earned per building point.

Posted here to see if others agree, because at present building is slow and reliable prestige, but maybe you could make it less slow and more rewarding.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-26 10:49   
Fast building is an excellent option for those who can't be arsed just to sit there, although it generally works better for non-barren planets, its easy to rig up a planet in 10 minutes and be on your way again, although you loose out on at least half your prestige, you still get some for minimal effort.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-26 11:23   
How did I know bard would be the poster when I saw "Encourage Building~"

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-26 11:30   
Bardiche is our certified "Builder When No One Else Will"

I think he's trying to get people to do his job for him! Outrageous!

But sure, why not? I suppose I'll build a bit >.>

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-26 11:32   
And btw, I've always supported this, but changes won't come until 484 anyways, and I've not built in beta, as far as I know, it's been changed a lot already (building, that is).

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-04-26 11:45   
building hasn't changed a lot just some factors,

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-26 12:20   
Bardiche is right. Slow-building yeilds about 100-120 pres per HOUR. I made almost a hundred pres in about 2 minutes yesterday from combat, when I pounded my mandi spacebar on a UGTO dread's hull. Supplying will get you about 100 pres in 10-15 minutes if you keep the reloads working. I choose to ignore bombing, since that is so very bugged that we all know the pres gain from that...

Those are the main catagories of DS. Bombing, building, combat and supply. When comparing the rates of pres gain, from fastest to slowest you get:

Bombing
Supplying
Combat
Building

Building is BY FAR slower pres gain than other forms of gameplay and yet it is probably one of the most important. It is the buildings that give us the infrastructure of Shipyards, Ports, dictor fields, Depot planets. Perhaps we should consider the rewards for building be made higher.

Here is a suggestion. Those of you with access to the game code, capable of comparing the actual numbers can consider how to make this suggestion work.

Make it so that each structure keeps record of the player which built it. Then, when a depot I build repairs someone, Then I get... say 5% of the pres I would have gotten had I been sitting there with a supply ship repairing this person myself. Similarly, I would get 5% of the combat pres gained by the planet attacking enemies. This would give incentive to build planets strong enough to really hold their own.

If you want to balance it appropriately, perhaps I would also LOSE pres if my structures were destroyed by a bomber, again perhaps something like 5% of what I would lose if I lost a vessel, each structure assigned a vessel class for this 5% scale. For example, domes, low level farms, low level generators, low level labs would all be scaled on the frigate, meaning a bomber destroying one of these would cost me 5% of the pres I would expect to lose from dying in a frigate. Larger structures like dictors and lvl3 defs would be 5% of a cruiser or dread death. Perhaps the loss of a Shipyard would be like 5-10% of losing a station.

Maybe rather than just ME gaining and losing pres, it would be an even distribution across my fleet, relating these gains and losses by the way a planet is labelled UGTO:VCA, for example. This would give incentive to be an effective fleet, capable of defending your territory and working together.

Seriously consider incorporating a version of this suggestion into the game. I think it could really cause a change in the way Fleets and planets work, for the better.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-26 12:51   
lol no that stupid. the 483 version is bugged due to the bombing. if the bombing wasnt bugged there would not been so much building...in 484 there wont be so easy to mirv as it is now, and therefore alot less building will be made.

However i do think that boming should give less prestige if u bomb domes/food/power and so on, and then give alot more prestige when bombing defence things. same with building. but thats not something the devs wants.

Anyways to say that combat gives u more prestige then bulding is just idiotic, the same person who says that wants NPC...just because they think that they dont get more prestige from combat.....it just dont make any sense.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-26 12:57   
Quote:

On 2008-04-26 11:23, Xpli$it wrote:
How did I know bard would be the poster when I saw "Encourage Building~"

It's the little ~, isn't it? Because I love the little wave~

I was thinking, suppose you were to increase building prestige gain by 1.5, you could just divide everyone's current building rating by 1.5 and then let it continue as normal.

When the new version comes around and, supposedly, building will be a RARE thing to do as things won't get mirved overnight anymore (possibly, we're not sure yet), I still think it'd be nice that what little building one can do, one will gain a bit more for it.

And in the current version where all planets go flat overnight, it might be a nice incentive to encourage people to actually build and finish their builds.

I'll be building regardless, of course. It does give a sense of fulfillment to see planets get erected due to your effort, and it gives me plenty of time to draw up schematics and stuff regarding the "Ideal Build".

When 484 comes around, I'll have gathered so much data I will just need to check the impact of 484's changed mechanics and adjust accordingly, but I'll be prepared.

I'd just like it if others would be more encouraged to build as well, and quite honestly wouldn't mind some extra prestige.

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-04-26 14:33   
Building in beta is great The prestege charges up much faster... everyone that is a builder will love the buildign in 484.

At least it seemed to bring in more prestege than 483.6.

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-26 15:56   
Quote:

On 2008-04-26 12:20, Kanman *FC* wrote:

Make it so that each structure keeps record of the player which built it. Then, when a depot I build repairs someone, Then I get... say 5% of the pres I would have gotten had I been sitting there with a supply ship repairing this person myself. Similarly, I would get 5% of the combat pres gained by the planet attacking enemies. This would give incentive to build planets strong enough to really hold their own.

If you want to balance it appropriately, perhaps I would also LOSE pres if my structures were destroyed by a bomber, again perhaps something like 5% of what I would lose if I lost a vessel, each structure assigned a vessel class for this 5% scale. For example, domes, low level farms, low level generators, low level labs would all be scaled on the frigate, meaning a bomber destroying one of these would cost me 5% of the pres I would expect to lose from dying in a frigate. Larger structures like dictors and lvl3 defs would be 5% of a cruiser or dread death. Perhaps the loss of a Shipyard would be like 5-10% of losing a station.

Maybe rather than just ME gaining and losing pres, it would be an even distribution across my fleet, relating these gains and losses by the way a planet is labelled UGTO:VCA, for example. This would give incentive to be an effective fleet, capable of defending your territory and working together.

Seriously consider incorporating a version of this suggestion into the game. I think it could really cause a change in the way Fleets and planets work, for the better.

Omg, the horror!

That would result in ridiculous amounts of pres farming, and it would encourage even more MiRVing, to make sure that the builders lose prestige.

A more reasonable solution in my opinion would be to buff up the prestige per building and/or decrease the build times.

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-26 15:59   
Quote:

On 2008-04-26 12:57, Bardiche wrote:

It's the little ~, isn't it? Because I love the little wave~

.... Yup.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-26 17:17   
Quote:

On 2008-04-26 15:56, Xpli$it wrote:

Omg, the horror!

That would result in ridiculous amounts of pres farming, and it would encourage even more MiRVing, to make sure that the builders lose prestige.

A more reasonable solution in my opinion would be to buff up the prestige per building and/or decrease the build times.

You are right. This is a more reasonable solution. I was just trying to increase the complexity of the game as well as make some of the 'features' of the game actually MEAN something. By that, I mean: What is the point of showing planets with labels like UGTO:VCA or K'Luth::SA:?? What good does it do? It adds a few points to the fleet rank score, but is that ALL????

By having a planet's defs and depots actuall PRODUCE pres for the owning fleet, it would encourage planet defense against bombers, since players would have a more direct stake in the outcome of the attack.

Simply increasing the rate of pres gain for building does address the initial issue of "buildng isnt worth the time atm". I was just trying to create a solution that might add more energy and risk to the game, to encourage increased activity in the servers.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-26 17:27   
Quote:

By having a planet's defs and depots actuall PRODUCE pres for the owning fleet, it would encourage planet defense against bombers, since players would have a more direct stake in the outcome of the attack.

Well they are setting up a system so that the owning fleet of a planet gets credits out of it. so that the fleet will have a fleet bank u migth say..

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-26 18:32   
Building is always going to be one of those veeeery unloved ways of making prestige.

Most of us just fastbuild, get it done before the enemy can get it.

But for those that actually do take the thirty minutes or so on a planet do need better rewards.

Email Supertrooper
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019742 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR