No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Encourage Building~
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Encourage Building~
jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-04-26 18:37   
Quote:

On 2008-04-26 15:59, Xpli$it wrote:

.... Yup.

TILDES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2008-04-26 19:56 ]
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-04-27 00:24   
Did I do something wrong in my post that got it edited?
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-27 00:42   
Quote:

On 2008-04-27 00:24, dj42 {C?} wrote:

i've been seeing quote chaining get edited out to just the last quote.

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-27 00:47   
Quote:

On 2008-04-26 18:32, Crim {R33} wrote:

But for those that actually do take the thirty minutes or so on a planet do need better rewards.

Lol... how many builds did you mod on that engi when you 'sploited?

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-04-27 04:01   
Quote:

On 2008-04-27 00:42, Nanatsu-Yoru wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-04-27 00:24, dj42 {C?} wrote:

i've been seeing quote chaining get edited out to just the last quote.

I've been on the Internet since it cost more than phone sex. I have never seen this sort of moderating.

It's not like the Darkspace phpBB database will be inflated because of the extra 14 bytes I quote.

If it was for reading efficiency, then it was an immense fail, since my post makes absolutely no sense without the quote. We've just got Morbo ranting about tildes.

I'd appreciate if Mersenne Twister would explain his editing, so I can make an image about it.

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-27 17:44   
Quote:

On 2008-04-27 04:01, dj42 {C?} wrote:

I have never seen this sort of moderating.

It's not like the Darkspace phpBB database will be inflated because of the extra 14 bytes I quote.

If it was for reading efficiency, then it was an immense fail, since my post makes absolutely no sense without the quote. We've just got Morbo ranting about tildes.

I 100 % agree with you, it's unecessary moderation.

Quote:

On 2008-04-27 04:01, dj42 {C?} wrote:

I'd appreciate if Mersenne Twister would explain his editing,

Likely a luxury we won't experience

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-04-27 19:58   

=====MORBO AGREES! ALL MODERATORS ARE VERMIN IN THE EYES OF MORBO!=====

[ This Message was edited by: dj42 {C?} on 2008-04-27 19:59 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-28 05:42   
I think it's very disappointing that you two hijacked this thread for your tomfoolery and witch-hunt.

Please don't further derange this thread with your "jokes" and "jests", and only further post here if you wish to elaborate or add on to the ideas presented on the first page, or to present ideas of your own.

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-28 08:00   
I never joked, bard, dj42 joked. I just agreed that it was slightly irritating when MT edits our comments for reasons he likely will never explain.

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-04-28 08:11   
I agree with the building/prestige ratio since I like to build as well. I spent a good amount of time building a few planets yesterday it was tiring specially when seing the amount of prestige you get for the time you spend building it does not add up.

I had to speed build cause it takes a while waiting for tech to go up, but that's the way it is so I run with it.

"Nough Said"

James Bum007

Email James Bum007
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-28 08:22   
Quote:

On 2008-04-28 05:42, Bardiche wrote:
Please don't further derange this thread with your "jokes" and "jests", and only further post here if you wish to elaborate or add on to the ideas presented on the first page, or to present ideas of your own.

What more is to be added? From the opinions I've seen, including my own, the majority of posts in this topic agree that building should take less time and reward more prestige, sadly, building will not be changed in 483 because quick fixes are a big No No in Darkspace, so the only difference we will see is in future patches.

Building is already changed in 484.

Bardiche, my suggestion is to go build continuously in beta to form an opinion on 484 building, since building will be unchanged until 484.

[ This Message was edited by: Xpli$it on 2008-04-28 08:23 ]

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-04-28 09:18   
I was an expert at building death-star and death-star clusters. They were nearly impenetrable, requiring a ton of time and effort by many ships.

If it were nearly impossible to take out a tight planet cluster with heavy defenses, you could have a sort of "beach head" within most systems near your home system, even if the enemy had picked off stand-alone planets.

The primary problem with the MV always stems from a lack of FA-server styled combat. If you force confrontation, you get a more lively server, since combat is inevitable. The roles of bombing and engineers are mostly PvE, since you're either going to be overwhelmed by enemy or not even bothered. The trick is to find a way to get PvP like the FA-server integrated with the PvE functions. That is where Darkspace is interesting, imo.

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-04-28 11:18   
Building is like paying your taxes...long...tedious...and most of the time fruitless.

It would be cool if you could remane structures as you build them, that might add a personal spin of building. Make it more interesting other than watching a little green line zap the planet as you build. I think id rather be castrated than build a whole system. If it wasnt so boring and had a better pres gain, more people would do it...i know i would.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-28 13:30   
Quote:

On 2008-04-28 11:18, Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) wrote:

It would be cool if you could remane structures as you build them, that might add a personal spin of building.

That is actually a most wonderful idea. I think thats possible, as I know you can spawn custom structures with different names.

However, as to the topic, to help ease the boredom of building, I usually imagine the planet being built. Structures rising from the ground, people and drones taking individual pieces of steel and fabricating units...Thinking of logical ways to build a planet (sensor station next a cluster of defence bases, power plant next to some factorys...) and then realizing it makes horrible defence....

I alt just sometimes build 8 research labs and two fusion gens and go do other things until the research goes up. Really, thats the only time sink is waiting for research. So, I ignore that time sink and go do other things.

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-28 13:55   
Quote:

On 2008-04-28 11:18, Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) wrote:
I think id rather be castrated than build a whole system.

This can be arranged

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024539 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR