No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Encourage Building~
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Encourage Building~
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-04-29 01:17   
Well Bardiche, I also am a builder and I agree that something should be done to encourage more building.

One thing I hate is having someone come along and bomb the planet while you're in the middle of building it.

How about making it off limits to attack while being built, then players might do more slow building. I know I would slow build if I didn't have to worry about the planet getting blown away before any defence is up.

Also maybe a time limit of 5 mins after the engineer leaves before bombing can be done, that way the engineer can build a couple of planets at the same time. As long as he's not gone any longer than 5 mins.

Of course, Troop Transports can always attack at any time by landing Infantry, if they can get past the engineer's point defence.

Just another idea that I'm sure will get shot down real quick.

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-29 01:38   
That wouldnt work, people would hang around in engineers (kluth especially because they can cloak) and no planets would eva be bombed.

and also, think of admiral server, this exploit would be all ova DS then

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-29 18:51   
Im not sure wat the pres. change or watnot would be like in beta for building, but here is a thought. How bout adding another build too the Command dread and Com. stations. It wont really quicken the pace for waiting for tech buildup but it would make planting Defs quicker.

I personally liked to build pre 483 with the multiple builds but hey i may have been spoiled like that but watev, its just a thought

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-04-29 19:19   
how bout a wh on the brood...seems fair. or 9 bomb slots (just kidding) thats idiocy that the icc BD has 9 slots. What a crock

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-30 07:29   
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 01:17, DMC-13 wrote:

Also maybe a time limit of 5 mins after the engineer leaves before bombing can be done, that way the engineer can build a couple of planets at the same time. As long as he's not gone any longer than 5 mins.

DMC-13

.... You ALL seem to be forgetting that this was never a PROBLEM before 483.

Sure, building sucked just as much, but it was less pointless, bombing was far less simple, and we could all mod icc builds and build shields, icc def base III's, etc.

None of these ideas will change anything until 484, and for all we know, the suggested changes will be entirely redundant altogether when building and bombing are both changed entirely as it is. Applying an old fix for an extinct problem to a new system makes absoloutely no sense in my opinion.

I say we move this topic to beta forums, since thats the only place it will make a difference.

/opinion

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-30 07:30   
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 19:19, Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) wrote:
how bout a wh on the brood...seems fair. or 9 bomb slots (just kidding) thats idiocy that the icc BD has 9 slots. What a crock

I've always found it odd that the Defensive faction has a bomber dread with 9 Bomb Slots...

[ This Message was edited by: Xpli$it on 2008-04-30 07:30 ]

DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-05-02 01:04   
Well, I knew my idea would be "shot down". As for the engineer "hanging around" to stop any bombing, after 5 mins. of no building and/or after all 32 slots are filled the planet would then be open to bombing. This idea was meant for the mv only.

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-05-02 07:28   
Quote:

On 2008-05-02 01:04, DMC-13 wrote:

Well, I knew my idea would be "shot down".

Why can no one ever debate without claiming to be "shot down"

You were never shot down.. you just fail to realize that no building changes will likely come out until 484. Beta forums are a great place for suggestions

[ This Message was edited by: Xpli$it on 2008-05-02 07:29 ]

DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-05-03 00:20   
Xpli$it,

First of all, I do realize and understand that nothing will be changed as far as this patch is concerned. I don't need to be reminded of that.

Second of all, I've put out quite a few ideas and every single one of them has been "Shot down in a burning blaze of glory". Not once has anybody said anything like "Nice idea, we'll think about it".

Third of all, this is English General. That means anybody can post just about anything here, including ideas.

Besides, I was just explaining "My idea" to Deltaflyer. Don't trip so hard. I really doubt that I'll be putting out any more of my ideas anyway.

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-05-03 03:22   
Quote:

On 2008-05-03 00:20, DMC-13 wrote:
Xpli$it,

Besides, I was just explaining "My idea" to Deltaflyer. Don't trip so hard. I really doubt that I'll be putting out any more of my ideas anyway.

DMC-13

I do understand where you are coming at, it also does annoy me to great extents of almost finishing up building and it gets leveled. just have to be more causious when building.

but alas, its just apart of how the game is played. when there was alot of players (40 on each side) years ago at any given time. it would not be a problem to build -almost-. there would be one or a few building whilst the others faught to defend those planets. and others fight to regain more planets. A tug or war you can say.

sadly with these 'horrible' patches past few years., which has decreased the player base in games. those ways are not as it used to be.

all we can hope my friend is that when this new patch comes out.the numbers will return. then you can see and exp the true side of darkspace .

[ This Message was edited by: Hellza - Dark Master on 2008-05-03 03:48 ]

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-05-03 13:10   
i still like my thought of slappin another build on the com dreads (brood too, spaced that out with my first post) and com stations (colony too) by golly it will solve everything my ideaology is supreme and undeniable.

ok ok im a little drunken right now, dont really know why im postin besides sheer boredom out here at the office. dont worry no brewskies out here just aftershock from an earlier excursion with some old pals.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.014027 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR