Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Fuel Usage
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Fuel Usage
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-08-15 01:43   
I totally do agree with leonide.Please dont reduce them . If you reduce the jump fuel you will obligate us to use jumpgates which can be mined from other side or camped. Also you cant offer us to get a supply ship in a fleet if there is no player to get it. I have just spent 45 mins in actual mv and i was the only kluth. I didnt have anyone to fly with.

Just imagine this ; you go in a system which totally is hostile. There is no planet you can orbit and fuel up. You are engaged by 2 icc or ugto cruisers and with them they got a supply ship. Someone from your fiction signs in and asks "what is needed?". What are you going to say? Combat to even odds or supply? But if i would have enough fuel i could jump and take the battle another place. Also what about e-jump? Surely u will be out of fuel soon for e-jumping around everytime u are tracked and engaged.

Remember this good; If you chance it and it wont result as you think it would do, you are gonna regret it alot. Because every mistake you will make in this patch ,will make you to code 1.6 .And player bases will never get tired to ask about it , never , ever..

Also let scout has 3 million gu range. It is a god damn scout. Meant to be a scout . Who in a scout captured whole mv until today all alone ?

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-15 13:21   
Quote:

On 2008-08-15 01:43, pakhos wrote:
I totally do agree with leonide.Please dont reduce them . If you reduce the jump fuel you will obligate us to use jumpgates which can be mined from other side or camped. Also you cant offer us to get a supply ship in a fleet if there is no player to get it. I have just spent 45 mins in actual mv and i was the only kluth. I didnt have anyone to fly with.

We are not going to design a game around low numbers, that would be silly.

Quote:

Just imagine this ; you go in a system which totally is hostile. There is no planet you can orbit and fuel up. You are engaged by 2 icc or ugto cruisers and with them they got a supply ship. Someone from your fiction signs in and asks "what is needed?". What are you going to say? Combat to even odds or supply? But if i would have enough fuel i could jump and take the battle another place. Also what about e-jump? Surely u will be out of fuel soon for e-jumping around everytime u are tracked and engaged.

Image this, players will be forced to use strategy and teamwork. If there is no planet for you to orbit fall back a system. If you went 2 systems deep by yourself then I would say you are asking for whatever outcome you may receive.

Quote:

Remember this good; If you chance it and it wont result as you think it would do, you are gonna regret it alot. Because every mistake you will make in this patch ,will make you to code 1.6 .And player bases will never get tired to ask about it , never , ever..

Also let scout has 3 million gu range. It is a god damn scout. Meant to be a scout . Who in a scout captured whole mv until today all alone ?

It was thought about, it's been tested, and it's already implemented in beta.

-Smartin-

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-08-15 13:37   
I thought there was talk about wormholes not being player controlled in the future? I cant remember exactly but I heard someitng like that and a hole bunch of us were giveing ideas about it to make it even more cool

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-08-15 15:21   

Smartin , one of the biggest problem here is the player bases. Remember about 1.481? Do you know how many paying members Darkspace had and do you have any idea about how many left after 1.482 came out? If you make the jump harder for players ;

1-) As I, most of players will be pissed off .
2-) Fun part of suprising enemy on their runs will be history , because u cant go to defend your planet unless u have a SY.
3-) Finding combat fields will be realy hard , everyone will hug planets.
4-) Nobody will want engage or engaged in deep space.
5-) After this you wont have any right to talk about "hit and run" faction etc...

i can write 20 more reason why u mustnt do that.

If i cant go 2 system by myself where is the fun we are talking about? We used to have this system and it must continue in this way. Changing it , is too drastic,too risky.

I have played this beta and other betas before and u dont have any freaking idea how things will get worse with this change. Perhaps u are trying to not do something silly , but it has been done already.

note (whining before the release , imagine it after the release with other players)

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-15 17:42   
This game keeps getting less arcade with each patch.

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-15 18:23   
Quote:

On 2008-08-15 15:21, pakhos wrote:

Smartin , one of the biggest problem here is the player bases. Remember about 1.481? Do you know how many paying members Darkspace had and do you have any idea about how many left after 1.482 came out? If you make the jump harder for players ;

1-) As I, most of players will be pissed off .
2-) Fun part of suprising enemy on their runs will be history , because u cant go to defend your planet unless u have a SY.
3-) Finding combat fields will be realy hard , everyone will hug planets.
4-) Nobody will want engage or engaged in deep space.
5-) After this you wont have any right to talk about "hit and run" faction etc...

i can write 20 more reason why u mustnt do that.

If i cant go 2 system by myself where is the fun we are talking about? We used to have this system and it must continue in this way. Changing it , is too drastic,too risky.

I have played this beta and other betas before and u dont have any freaking idea how things will get worse with this change. Perhaps u are trying to not do something silly , but it has been done already.

note (whining before the release , imagine it after the release with other players)

Response:
1. Isn't really a reason just a statement. Moving on.
2. What? Surprising them on their runs? Get to the system, and jump to the planet. Your planet that will refuel you. I'm confused on why you can't defend your planets? Take a supply ship, and use teamwork.
3. Planet hugging will be a problem anyways. What will jump fuel effect that? You hug a planet, and your refuled and you go and fight. The invading fleet would be smart to have a sup, or a supply platform in the system..
4. Define deep space? How are you going to find each other in "Deep Space" anyways?
5. Hit and run faction? Kluth are the hit and run faction and they have cloak to help with that.

I am a bit intrested to hear the other 20 reasons. Yes the player base may be low right now, but many are waiting for 1.5 to come out, and we have hopes of bringing along new players.

1.5 is being built around teamwork, strategy, and balance. Not a lone pilot wanting to jump across the MV and attack 5 systems deep. If thats enough to drive people away then hope is lost, but I do not think it is. Players will whine no matter what change is, or is not brought about. It's impossible to please everyone.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-08-15 19:51   
What a thick head are you ,man? Instead of saying "ok pak, we will consider every request and suggestion" , you come and say " you are uber right".

screw this, do whatever u want to do. Faustus isnt doing good with staff like you.<------ and this is a client comment , eat it.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-15 20:21   
Quote:

On 2008-08-15 19:51, pakhos wrote:
What a thick head are you ,man? Instead of saying "ok pak, we will consider every request and suggestion" , you come and say " you are uber right".

they are considering your request and suggestion

and telling you why it sucks.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-16 12:39   
Well, we did consider the feedback we recieved when we made the change, and we considered the change before we made it. And in fact we did change the numbers once as we tested the numbers and heard from players.

That said, we think we struck a decent balance between the ability to fly around easily and require teamwork and support. We DO consider the feedback you're giving, but generally we already looked at the ranges and are happy with them. Thus, unless you have some new consideration we hadn't thought of, saying "we'll take what you say and consider it" is somewhat redundant on the one hand, but also somewhat disingenuous.

Plus, we have had the changes in there for quite a while and haven't been hearing, during playtesting, that "oh, there's this bug, and that bug, and zomg i need more fuel!" so it seems to be manageable. If more testing or release shows that people are often running out of fuel, we can adjust things a bit. For now, though, it appears to be working.

Email Shigernafy
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-08-16 12:43   
I had thought of this a while back but what if you had 2 jump drives. One for Interplanetary travel and one for system travel. The Interplanetary drive have just enough fuel for a few jumps and the system drive have enough fuel for one jump from one system to another. Sorta like the sub-light drive being the Interplanetary drive and the jump drive being the system drive. Except the time changes and fuel changes. Something else for the system drive you cannot jump inside a system and you cant jump farther than 2 systems. Of course the system drive be faster than the other and a little change in effects when entering faster than light speed. This would take away complaints about the WH device, and fuel complaints. (i think). This would apply to ALL SHIPS. Not just dreads and higher.

Tell me what you think.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-08-17 17:02   
Seeker that would be chaotic.
Not to mention how to implement that?

You might not know this but, putting two jump drives on a ship is "currently" to much fun.
To me it is one of the most fun exploits.

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2008-08-22 09:26   
As a person who created and published a Long Range jump/wh tactics paper (now burried deep somewhere in FS or SW's forums) It pleases me to return to this type of system... I hope they leave it As IS...

Nuff Said...

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-07 23:12   
well i just want to saw if faul is rediced and someones trying to flee from mulit emeys is hard or inpossible since it takes at least 6 jumps to finaly to get away from them

Email deathblave
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-09-08 10:00   
If you run out of fuel while trying to flee from the enemy then it is most likely your own fault.

Cruisers are able to barely make it by jumping to the next system.
so you could easily jump around the system fix times, i think that is enough to get away from a enemy.

But tactics and team play are to be the key.
When entering a enemy system or just before entering you stock up on fuel.
(Even the today's navy does that, loading on fuel before going/entering the operational area.)
Either by using a friendly planet or having a supply refuel you before entering
the Jump gate.
You enter the enemy system with almost a full tank of Hydrogen. this should be enough to do some serious combat here or some in the next system.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2008-09-08 12:38   
As it currently stands:

A scout can jump to the next system and back, with drive fuel to spare for doing reconnaissance in that system.
A scout can easily get from it's home system to an enemy home system by using the jump gates and without refueling.

A frigate can jump to the next system and back, with a little fuel to spare for basic maneuvering.
A frigate can navigate from it's home system to an enemy home system by using the jump gates and without refueling, and with enough spare fuel for complex maneuvers.

A destroyer can jump to the next system, with enough fuel to spare for complex maneuvering, but without the ability to return without resupplying.
A destroyer can navigate from it's home system to an enemy home system by using the jump gates and without refueling, with enough fuel spare for maneuvering.

A cruiser can jump to the next system, with enough fuel to spare for basic maneuvering.
A cruiser can almost navigate from it's home system to an enemy home system by using the jump gates, but is likely to need to refuel one or two systems before it gets there.

A dreadnought can almost jump to the next system, it will need resupply to get there.
A dreadnought can from it's home system to the center of the Metaverse, but will need refueling to go beyond this point.

Station ranges are almost unlimited due to self-supply, but will take forever to get there.

Exactly what is wrong with this situation?

The normal use of ships is largely unaffected; the primary impact is only on the larger strategic decision, and is designed to put more emphasis on co-operation, support and teamwork. It will not effect combat to a noticeable degree, other than subtly influencing the balance of ships classes that should be seen.

Goto the website of Drafell
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026577 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR