No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +5.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » New KanDraf productions VIDEO
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author New KanDraf productions VIDEO
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-05-07 19:44   
No, we don't have one. That is the purpose of this thread.

I may have the time to put towards a fresh DarkSpace video to follow in the footsteps of the original KanDraf video: DarkSpace Infinity. I think if I can find the time over the next few weeks, and if Draf is interested and feels up to the challenge of producing the music, as well as finding enough 'extras' to fill the scenes, we should consider making another one.

Subject of this new video? I have no idea. Combat and basic DS history was covered in the first one. We need to come up with a respectable script and then see about putting it together.

Anyway, I have nothing to really say to get it started other than I am interested in doing one this summer. Let's all just stew it over for a few days and see if any solid inspiration for a good DS vid comes to mind. Maybe a basic storyline? I don't know.

*KanDraf productions declares all suggestions in this thread to be ours to claim and use freely. We may use them as suggested. We may rework them to be 'better' in our eyes. We may ignore them completely.*

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-05-07 19:47   
how bout a story line of a fresh pilot just out of training and his attempts and adventures of becoming a grand admiral and how he got there. Duh! lol....you could even have "episodes"

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-05-07 19:47 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-07 19:51   
How bout something with Pirates, Mir, and maybe leading into 484.

Either way sign me up as the dude that dies at the end.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-05-07 19:55   
I like the idea of episodes, following a single character. I could work out a nice long-term story and then produce little 2-3 minute episodes every 2 weeks or so. However, I dont want to churn out crap videos. If Draf isnt up to the challenge of generating fresh music, which suits each episode as we go, then we will just keep it to a single new video.

We could even chronical 2-3 rookies (one from each faction) and have the story culminate(sp) to a kind of 'showdown'. Could be very EPIC.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-05-07 20:00   
Quote:

On 2008-05-07 19:47, Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) wrote:
how bout a story line of a fresh pilot just out of training and his attempts and adventures of becoming a grand admiral and how he got there. Duh! lol....you could even have "episodes"

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-05-07 19:47 ]

you Could have a tv show

Email -Shadowalker-™
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-07 20:18   
I will definitely help out, although I am not subscribed at the moment.

Just from what I have seen of that video you posted my suggestions are as follows:

• Need to use better text. Might need someone to do some Photoshopping
  • Keep the scenes of ships flying around in front of planets/around stations
  • Avoid stars as backgrounds during fight scenes because you cannot see much
  • Make the K'luth mysterious...only show brief clips of them (see below)

Ideas to keep K'luth "mysterious"

• Have a dread uncloak behind an ICC or UGTO ship and destroy it
  • Have an entire K'luth fleet uncloak
  • Have a K'luth bomb run going towards Earth with something about the threat to humanity

Feel free to add/take away from these. I'll probably add more later.
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-05-07 22:12   
Quote:

Need to use better text. Might need someone to do some Photoshopping

I can shoopwoops.

Email Supertrooper
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2008-05-08 01:56   
Except this time we can work in higher quality....

Goto the website of Drafell
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-05-08 04:27   
Quote:

On 2008-05-07 20:00, seeker(prophet angel)*P1* wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-05-07 19:47, Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) wrote:

you Could have a tv show

Ya....kinda like a little thing called EVE TV. But EVE TV is gay and only has dorks who blither on about stats and dumb info that will only confuse you more about the game. What about a monthly episode people could look forward to. A storyline. Screw the facts about the game and people praising it like EVE TV. Make something ENJOYABLE to watch. I also think following actual players is a bad idea. They hop factions, leave, and do dumb crap far too often. Make up a few characters and maybe throw actual player names as enemies or people who come to their rescue. Then you can use actual people in the game.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2008-05-08 07:07   
sign me up for help. i cant make music but i would love to be one of the ships in there. so if you need anybody just call.

Timbo
The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-05-08 11:00   
ill help with playing the ships and station plus i am NEVER LEAVING DS

this vid should include the following:

The AI.
Building
Bombing
Combat (this is where the AI come in) (may need to use MV for this or build a server for mir pirates and renagades AI)
Supplying
all aspects of ships/stations (or show one of each type of ships eg each hull type of ships) (and have a line up of the ships in size order)
the mysterious Kluth and with the intro of the kluth have some sort of text saying watch ur back u never know wats gonna pop up and hav a small ship icc or ugto ship (able to blow up within one kluth mandy alpha) and a BIG ASSED kluth ship (dread) uncloak and fry the ship then cloak again
(combat continued) having big battles with icc kluth and ugto showing some ships jumping out to save them selves and afew others fighting to the death and blow up with the odd QST, ION and SI
having big battles again but with mir/pirates/renagades and all factions helping to kill them

if i think of more ill add it here

Chiron {Licensed To Ill}
Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-09 12:32   
Quote:

On 2008-05-08 11:00, SaturnShadow*FM*(Angel Of Darkness) wrote:

this vid should include the following:

BIG ASSED kluth ship (dread) uncloak and fry the ship then cloak again

anyone remember the original starcraft intro? anything along those lines would be pretty sweet

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-09 19:29   
i can help with music or some such i have access to alot of...spacey technoish themes to games and regular songs....but they have to be underground....

Email GothThug {C?}
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-05-10 15:02   
GT, We will leave the music to Drafell. That way it is original and no copyright issues can arrise. As for the "StarCraft" concept, the best we can do is get very close to a dread or station while in a scout. This will maximize the apparent size of the station/dread. However, keep the textures in mind. Too close and the station or dread will simply look like a pixel blob. Good idea though. I think it will make it in there. Good suspense/surprise scene.

Still in the air in general, but like the idea of a general story approach.

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-10 23:17   
Just some cool shots I thought of...

• ICC Missile Dread shooting an Alpha
  • EAD or dread with a lot of beams using PD with missile explosions all around

-Switch
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024141 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR