No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +9.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Stop Uwe Boll
 Author Stop Uwe Boll
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-05-13 06:16   
Get to it, folks.

http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html

If he sticks to his public statement, one million signatures will convince him to retire. We can do this.

. . .

Someone set us up the Boll.
TAKE OFF EVERY SIG
For great justice.

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2008-05-13 06:20 ]

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-13 07:23   
270159 Signatures Total *Signed*

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-05-13 07:36   
And this man is.. who?
And he's done... what?

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-13 09:27   
Uwe Boll...the man behind Bloodrayne and In The name of the king.....lol...im not signing...his movies amuse me....

Email GothThug {C?}
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-05-13 10:24   
After doing an extensive search on all things this man has been a part of, a wikipedia page read entirely, all his movies, all the comments (mostly hatred and criticism), I have absoloutely NO idea who this man is and have never heard of any of his 'movies'.

Judging by his behaviour though, from some responses I've seen, I doubt he'll GARA if the signatures exceed 1mil.

Reading the signature comments was amusing though, wow

[ This Message was edited by: Xpli$it on 2008-05-13 11:07 ]

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-05-13 10:44   
where is the "Stop the "Stop Uwe Boll" petition!" ??

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore[NL] on 2008-05-13 10:44 ]

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-05-13 12:01   
The "don't like it, don't watch it" thing usually works in these situations, but Boll's doing more harm than just cheating people out of time at a theater. The general public still doesn't really "get" the proper gaming crowd, and the absolute truckload of dreck Uwe Boll has created really hurts our image. Most gamers know better than to expect anything good from Uwe Boll, but those who are undecided about game censorship or games as potential works of art do not. When they see what is marketed as a movie about a game, to appeal to gamers- actual value not withstanding- and see something as horribly bad as a Boll movie, they get a pretty negative image about us. He's also wrecking any chance for an actually decent game-to-movie translation in the future; the fact that he is repeatedly hired indicates that the agents working these deals out don't factor in the ability to write or direct as having an impact on the quality of the movie, that the "It's a movie about ______!" will sell the thing by itself and make it "good".

Even if he doesn't retire, it'll at least make him lose that much more credibility for going back on his statement.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-13 12:14   
in my honest opinion....The 3 movies i've seen from him....BloodRayne, bloodrayne 2 and In the name of the king were really good...but not good as in he made a movie out of a game good...but storyline good....however i thought bloodrayne was a bit to graphic for a normal Vampiristic Horror Movie..the gore was way over the top..and sick..bloodrayne 2 didnt do that bad either..gore wasnt as bad...in the name of the king a dungeon seige tale was excellent as terms of a familyish story line...but way to violent for a PG-13 movie....i also thought the actors/actresses...Jason Statham Claire Forlani, Ray Liotta and Leelee Sobieski to name a few did an excellent job doin this movie..Ray really gets into his evilish part and does outstanding and Matthew Lillard in his best performance as a bad guy....and Burt Reynolds did an excellent job with the king role....but other than that...decent movies with plot twists and an entertaining storyline...

I dont want uwe boll to stop...thats like saying Geena Davis's husband should stop doing movies although his latest releases "The covenant and The Exorcist the beginning" did decent in theaters.....but movies are for entertainment...or are they?

Email GothThug {C?}
Page created in 0.015594 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR