No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Scientia Event
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Scientia Event
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-05-26 11:59   
I thought the event was a huge success, nothing more than an attempt to rile up players to take part, and lead up to a climax in which an epic battle would occur. If this was the intent, it was a huge success. Unfortunately there were several players who attempted to ruin the event with inappropriate yell chat, but most players actually seemed to appreciate the staffs effort. Whatever the intent, I had a great time, thank you.

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-05-26 12:40   
actualy no one attempted to ruin the event at all unless you count the pirates, as to yell chatter i put it down to excitement nothing more
nothing less.

P.S thank you to all that made this event possible

[ This Message was edited by: Darkscorpion{The Corrupted} on 2008-05-26 12:48 ]

codenemesis
Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-26 17:34   
As stated above, or maybe last page, it was utter failure, but pretty fun....cant deny that...
00:44:23 Feralwulf: \"I am, therefore I ban\"

deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2008-05-26 18:22   
as a side note hellfire did rescue a few of the reserces from harm so the research my contenu slowed but not stoped if high command will move them from mars cause im kulth now this is the last act of a utgo officer

Email deathblave
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-05-26 19:20   
I still would have liked to have been able to attend the event. For some unknown reason, I wasn't able to log into the mv (Failed to initilize, check client setup).

Funny thing about this is that I didn't change anything on my computer and I was also in the mv 9 hours prior to this event. I tried 3 times to enter and also asked twice why I couldn't get in, then I got mad and said "I'm starting to get pis..d off now" which caused an ADMN to tell me to watch what I'm saying.

Needless to say, after trying another time to get in, it was already a half hour past the event start time. After checking everything on my computer and spending a lot of time doing it, I was able to get into the mv 4 hours after the event. Why, I don't know. The client setup is still the same as I've always had it. The only thing I did to change my computer was check my vid card which I downloaded an upgrade for it.

Totally disappointed,
DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2008-05-27 03:03   
You downloaded an update for your video card and after that you couldnt get in? or you did that to fix your problem? If you updated your video card, you would indeed have to run the setup and simply chose another configuration i think.

DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-05-27 23:24   
I did the download after the 4th time of trying to get into the mv. It might have fixed the problem but I doubt it considering the fact that I was just in the mv 9 hours prior to the event. Anyway, when another event happens I'll just stay logged in to the mv. Maybe then I won't miss it.

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2008-05-28 07:35   
If you download new drivers for a video card, you dont normally need to alter anything in the darkspace setup unless you are going from windows compability drivers to real drivers, but if you install a new video card, you probably have to since the display adapter it wants to initialize is no longer present.

If you are using a nvidia card you should always download the newest official drivers from www.nvidia.com , uninstall your old drivers and purge them with a driver sweeper, and THEN install the new drivers, reboot.

Same goes for ATI cards, their drivers should be found at http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html .

That problem doesnt sound like anything major so it's probably just another of the mystery problems that appear every now and then, but theoretically updating your drivers everytime new ones are available keeps most things working.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-05-28 10:56   
DarkSpace works off of the name of the display adaptor, not the ID. So sometimes changing drivers can cause the name stored in the config file to become useless. Going into setup and just re-selecting the res you want can fix this.

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2008-05-28 12:17   
Quote:

On 2008-05-28 10:56, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
DarkSpace works off of the name of the display adaptor, not the ID. So sometimes changing drivers can cause the name stored in the config file to become useless. Going into setup and just re-selecting the res you want can fix this.

It could happen, yes, but I dont think its a very likely problem, or then I just have never encountered a situation where a new driver revision had the adapter label changed..

I think he did get the problem fixed already though, but he isnt the first one to have problems with display initialization.. Maybe it should be included in the manual or a broadly visible known issues page on the website.

!Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Cadet

Posted: 2008-05-28 14:27   
can someone say...stolen thread? =P

Goto the website of !Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2008-05-28 14:28   
Quote:

On 2008-05-28 14:27, !Lono! {Rogue Kluth} wrote:

Not stolen.

Liberated.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-28 17:59   
Quote:

On 2008-05-28 14:28, Leviatan wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-05-28 14:27, !Lono! {Rogue Kluth} wrote:

Not stolen.

Liberated.

you mean hijacked thread

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.029505 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR