No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » To All Loyal K'Luth Fleet Admirals
 Author To All Loyal K'Luth Fleet Admirals
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-06-17 22:06   
As a Freelance Engineer, I've been building/fixing a large majority of the planets in all of the systems of the K'Luth Empire located within the mv (release) for quite a while now without compensation for services rendered.

I have put myself into many dangerous situations to fortify planets while a battle is being fought to capture these planets with no regards to my own personal safety. Not to mention I have also tried to engage enemy ship's in battle but didn't have much luck (or skill) mainly due to computer issues which hopefully I have fixed now.

Almost every day, I'd log into the mv and do a check up on all of the planets in each system starting with the home system first to make sure that each of the planets were on line. Along with that, if I could, I'd also recapture enemy/unknown planets and then rebuild/fix them.

While doing this check up, I've noticed something that just isn't right.

Now I've fixed a lot of "Sick" (plague) planets and we all know that when the population goes down on a planet, structures will start shutting down starting with the defence bases first but not all of them. Other structures will also shut down too. When scrapping Infantry Troops to increase the population, the structures will reactivate themselves automatically. Usually I'll find a couple of planets in each system that needs to be fixed (population) and sometimes I'll find a few planets that need to be rebuilt due to enemy bombing.

Lately I've noticed some planets, sometimes a whole system of planets, have had all defences turned off with only half of the population/workers needed to run all of the structures. At first I thought this was due to plague but because of the amount of planets found in this condition I believe the use of Neutron Bombs to be the cause.

However, when scrapping Infantry Troops to raise the population, the structures did not automatically reactivate themselves. I had to manually reactivate them. This leads me to one conclusion.

THERE IS A SPY-TRAITOR-SABOTEUR WITHIN THE RANKS OF THE K'LUTH.

There might be more than one so I advise, nay, I recommend and emplore all Fleet Admiral's to "lock" all planets within the empire.

I realize that this may cause some undue hardship for all involved and will also hinder lower ranking/fleetless engineers in the building/fixing of these planets.

Considering the amount of players and Fleets switching factions lately, I believe this added security to be beneficial to the intergrity of the K'Luth Empire.

With a sad and heavy heart I must tell you that I will no longer be performing the check up of planets located within the K'Luth Empire. This is mainly due to the fact of recent events (including lobby conversation) concerning a set-up/ambush of which I was the victim. Please don't ask for details, those involved know exactly what I'm talking about.

However, to all of you loyal K'Luth Fleets still out there, I haven't abandoned you completely and if you find yourself in dire need of my services, feel free to contact me at any time.

According to the Freelance Guild, I must make my services available to all. Besides that, the Freelance motto is "Sworn to fun, loyal to none. Without due payment, our work is done".

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-17 22:24   
wow....just wow...that saddens me greatly

Email GothThug {C?}
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-06-17 22:49   
Um, you do know that there might be perfectly innocent reasons for this? Sometimes if Defense Bases are left on a planet after a fresh nuking, people, me included, deactivate them when building so as to allow the lesser, more basic structures (Fusion Generators, Hydro Farms) to function, without scrapping the bases and losing prestige.

Often these planets are unfinished, as building from scratch to a 90 tech Def Base III planet takes a very very long time. Dull work, too.

Not saying you're wrong, just suggesting that these planet conondrums may be unrelated to sabotage.

And another note: why are you so afraid of being the victim of enemy fire? Happens to, well, everyone. It's a fact of Darkspace, you will be shot at. I wouldn't be too concerned about ambushes. What do you have to lose, anyways? An engineer that isn't worth too much prestige.

[ This Message was edited by: Polaris {ISC} on 2008-06-17 22:50 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-06-17 23:35   
Actually Polaris, I'm not afraid of being in a battle zone or shot at and have been in many situations like that, building up a planet while a battle rages all around me. Now about the set-up/ambush, if you weren't a part of it, then you have no idea what I'm refering to.

As for the planets defences being turned off, just exactly how much time have you spent and how many planets have you checked up on in the mv?

I know the difference between a few planets and a whole system being done up like that. Not to mention that I've also been going into the mv almost every day for the past 6 weeks now, maybe even more, so I know what and how the planets work. Take a look at my construction stats on my profile.

Besides, this post is directed to all loyal K'Luth Fleet Admirals,

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-06-17 23:53   
To answer your question,

Games Played 1012
Time Played 2928712

I've seen a lot, and I'm not questioning your skill at engineering, *or* saying that I'm better at it than you, as you seem to react to every suggestion that these planets *weren't* sabotaged. I merely try to offer a completely plausible explanation that could prod you to look at the matter in a different light; just to let you know there could be another side to it.
You don't have to prove yourself to me by showing off your stats: my response is unrelated to whether you're a good builder or not.

And sorry about the responding thing: since it was in the English (General) forum, I just thought I'd offer a word or two.

Oh: and about the ambush thing: sorry, I assumed it was in-game.

[ This Message was edited by: Polaris {ISC} on 2008-06-17 23:53 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-06-18 02:02   
Polaris, thanks.

I fully understand the train of thought that you offered and after spending hours upon hours, day after day in the mv, I and a few other players got to know the K'Luth Empire very well and after having in game conversations with them, that was the conclusion I ended up with.

Now I'm not saying every planet was subject to sabotage and since I don't have any proof, this is only speculation on my part. If I could have, I would have posted this in a forum for only K'Luth Fleets but since I'm Freelance, this was the only place I could think of to place it.

As for the set-up/ambush that I mentioned, yes it did start in the game but ended up in the lobby.

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-06-18 05:15   
DMC-13...your efforts have been noticed. As the head of the K'Luth Propaganda Organization I thank you for your efforts of construction as the legions of lobsters spread throughout the human infested MetaVerse. Within our kind building is vastly needed for most of us have a thirst for blood that is far too strong to overpower for building.

I thank you for your efforts.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-06-18 11:48   
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda), thank you so very much. I do hope that all K'Luth fleets currently active within the mv (release) will consider the security measure that I have recommended.

If at any time I can be of service, just let me know.

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-07-04 05:18   
Noted, I'll see what I can do.

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-04 22:52   
FA is too high, at the very least it should be VA or Admiral, but not fleet. besides, there's always traitors among the luth, if there weren't, we'd dominate everything and anything in our paths, its just a fact of life. You hoomans are just too fragile.

yours cheezily,
Swis$

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-07-05 00:56   
Now, Even Though I Am In No Part Of The Kluth Faction, i do also apreciate your building efforts and if i do catch you in the MV i will haft to shake your hand-or not shoot at you. I can confidently say the the UNSC hold no tratiors with in it's ranks. and if i do hear word of this i will let the proper players know of the action, I also carry and extreme dislike for tratiors aswell.

DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-07-07 07:56   
Well thanks, I think......

I would like to say that I've been instructed by the Freelance Guild to perform check ups (Fix/build) on all planets in each factions home system. This means that I must give equal time to K'Luth, ICC and UGTO.

I have also been instructed to help any Engineers (Novice or Vet) that might need it.

They have also informed me that if any faction does not welcome my engineering skills, then I am to have nothing more to do with that faction.

Also, I would like to inform each faction that I am bound by the Freelance Guild to keep all faction secrets safe and to always build each and every planet as best as it can be built.

Until I am otherwise instructed by the Freelance Guild, I will follow and comply with this mandate.

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-07-07 08:06   
Quote:

On 2008-07-07 07:56, DMC-13 wrote:
Well thanks, I think......

I would like to say that I've been instructed by the Freelance Guild to perform check ups (Fix/build) on all planets in each factions home system. This means that I must give equal time to K'Luth, ICC and UGTO.

I have also been instructed to help any Engineers (Novice or Vet) that might need it.

They have also informed me that if any faction does not welcome my engineering skills, then I am to have nothing more to do with that faction.

Also, I would like to inform each faction that I am bound by the Freelance Guild to keep all faction secrets safe and to always build each and every planet as best as it can be built.

Until I am otherwise instructed by the Freelance Guild, I will follow and comply with this mandate.

DMC-13

I can see what you saying. but all in honestly. there will be atleast one from each faction that will have a problem to you going faction to faction.
I am not trying to stop you for doing this, but just trying to help lighten your footsteps. there is no perfect side.

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-07-08 13:31   
*pats dmcs shoulder*

Sir Night Runner
Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-07-09 21:12   
Quote:

On 2008-06-18 05:15, Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) wrote:
DMC-13...your efforts have been noticed. As the head of the K'Luth Propaganda Organization I thank you for your efforts of construction as the legions of lobsters spread throughout the human infested MetaVerse. Within our kind building is vastly needed for most of us have a thirst for blood that is far too strong to overpower for building.

I thank you for your efforts.

Email Sir Night Runner
Page created in 0.034704 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR