Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » To All Engineers
 Author To All Engineers
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-07-10 01:52   
Well now, since there is way more mirv bombing than building in the mv and the fact that all of us engineers are just feeding the bombing press, I think the post that Timbo wrote a while back about going on strike and not building anymore is the right course of action to take right now.

I guess I could prob take advantage of the bomb bug too but this isn't the issue.

The issue here is that these guys are making max pres way too easy by mirving down planets and not rebuilding or even capping them. If there aren't any planets built up, they won't be able to just go around and make ton's of pres.

I urge all engineers to join in this strike and not build anymore planets. Just cap the planets. Don't even leave any troops.

The only exception I think would be tight clusters of planets with a shipyard and of course, the home systems.

Now I know some of you are going to say things like, "Hey, that's how the game is played", or "If you can't beat em, join em", or "DarkSpace, mv, serious biz", etc. Well, save your breath because you're probably one of the persons that's doing all the mirving and no building.

Just remember engineers that they are making at least 3 times more pres in 1 hour than an engineer can make in 8 hours, I'm not sure about the numbers but I do know that they are making a lot and that we're just feeding them.

I love building but I'm not gonna keep giving free pres to players, I've seen way too many people pass me up in rank because of the bombing bug.

Again, I urge all engineers to join in on the strike and do not build anymore planets except for maybe the exceptions listed above. If those become feeding grounds for the mirv monster, then don't build those too.

If all engineers right now will join in with the strike, you'll see the mirving will stop because there won't be anything left to mirv. Then these people will have to make prestige the old fashioned way, they will have to earn it from combat or running supply.

Engineers, stand together and strike back at the Mirv Monster.

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-07-10 02:33   
Was tried before, but ultimatley fails.

It's a two sided thing.

Engineers supply the bombers prestige, while the bombers supply the engineers prestige when they build the planets.

Email Supertrooper
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-07-10 04:31   
You're right, it's definitely a two sided thing, a very lop sided two sided thing. LOL.

The amount of prestige earned from building planets in the mv is nothing compared to bombing the planets and the amount of time spent bombing is nothing compared to building.

In other words,
Building = Lot's of time spent with little prestige gain.
Bombing = Little time spent with lot's of prestige gain.

Of course you already know this.

Now if all engineers did a strike for , oh I don't know, let's say 3 weeks, you'd really see a difference in how the game is played.

Anyway, I won't be feeding the Mirv Monster for the next 3 weeks and I hope that other engineers will join in and do the same thing.

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
dirtbag
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-10 09:59   
I'll join the strike.

It's just stupid.

Anyways, I'll just run supplies for now...

Mastakazam *P2*
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-10 16:16   
I like engineering too, but it's disheartening to spend an hour or two building a few planets, take a 20min meal break, and find the planets destroyed already... especially knowing that they spent 5 minutes doing it, and got more reward out of it.

Maybe if the defense base point-defense systems were adequate, and sensor bases more effective, then it wouldn't be so bad... think about how a space battle should be, and how truly destroying any well-defended planet should at least require a whole small fleet with multiple bomber ships.... certainly, it should take more than a single petty bomber destroyer with a few ECMs to level a fortress world!

Email Mastakazam *P2*
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-07-10 17:46   

Spy's sappin' mah Colony Hub.

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-11 06:19   
This is an issue that has gone since when I played for the first time and although many people have complained and tried to get everyone to go on strike it has never worked and nothing has changed.

I find it sad that even after all that time the same thing is still happening and that people are actually willing to keep doing the same things all the time.

So what can you do?, well you could stop building and get anyone in the fleet you are in to stop building also.

you could also do a post like you have done, you could try to stop the people from doing it by continually killing them when they are on their bombing runs (sounds easier than it actually is a lot of the time)

Anyway good luck with whatever you decide to do about this problem because it has been going on for so long now I believe that it may never change.

Page created in 0.014624 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR