No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » just a wonderin
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author just a wonderin
Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-07-16 15:48   
I actually decided to go in on a diff. faction today and noticed the uglies having two builds on there engie. After seein that i logged into the ickies and found that they too have two builds

I guess wat im wondering since the kluthonians get one build is that
A. Kluth builldings are worth twice as much pres to build
B. There is a new luth engie on the way(sweet)
C. Kluth just got shafted in the respect that human counterparts can throw twice as much and earn twice as much pres on in the same amount of time(not so sweet or wat is that big word that flies around in DS again..... oh ya Balanced)

As u can guess im leaning towards B, crosses fingers

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-07-16 16:18   
probably C.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-07-16 18:23   
Humans don't get twice as much prestige, they just build twice as fast.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-07-17 07:23   
K'Luth are fighters and nomads.
There supposed to focus on fighting and mobility.
Hench they don't fortify there planets, but rely more on ships to participate in defense of there planets.

On the other hand humans tend to balance them selves out in offense and defensive terms.

Humans are builders, and to reflect that they have been given a extra build slot on there "most advanced"/"heavy" engineer.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-17 07:27   
C.

Email Shigernafy
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2008-07-17 09:45   
bob i would like to call my parents for advice..

- Axi

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-17 14:09   
K'luth is a hit and run faction. You're not meant to stay in one spot and buil.d No, you're meant to build up a few structures, cloak to repair yourself and regain energy, and then uncloak and a build a few more structures.

Hit and run, man.

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-07-17 14:43   
hehe true that fattierob

Bardiche im slower than most, but correct me if im wrong but you say build x2 times faster but no faster gainage of pres.

but lets say in 40 minutes a luthy build 50 structures for lets say i dunno 150 pres
now the ugly engie in 40 minutes can build 100 structures and obtain 300 pres.

i dunno maybe im looking at too simplified
i mean u know 1=2 is a totally new concept to me but ive never seen such mathematics. If i am still incorrect in my assumption please explain in a hillbilly stylish manner, it should hopefully sink in at that point.

Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2008-07-17 19:02   
K'Luth excel in combat, and so should have an easier time gaining combat prestige through their high damage ratio.

The cloak also gives them access to several tactics than enable easier capturing and subjugation of enemy planets, with lower amounts of risk.

This is in keeping with some of the hit and run, and nomadic elements of K'Luth game play.

You are correct in stating that K'Luth will gain building prestige at half the rate of the other factions, but this is part of the whole inter-faction balance mechanic.

Tweaks for 1.500 will no doubt be necessary, but we need to evaluate each faction performs and meets expectations under Release conditions before we consider further changes.

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-07-23 18:30   
Hey that wasnt anywhere near a hillbilly explanation but it shall do's and to that i lay this thread to sleep.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-07-26 12:40   
Quote:

On 2008-07-17 07:23, Eledore[NL] wrote:
K'Luth are fighters and nomads.
There supposed to focus on fighting and mobility.

Well, i totally disagree with this kind of comments. As kluth you always need a planet to hug whenever u are outnumbered. Also ICC and UGTO have really easy ways to bomb a planet in 30 seconds which you have spent 100 mins (every tech) to build. I ain´t saying bombing must be harder but building must be easier and in less time. That's why in current version no one wants to build but want to mirv everything. It is increadible how a bomber dessie can take out whole cluster in 20 mins alone...

Anyway i would like to have special kind of builds for engineer class ship. Like you orbit and start to build the colony base. Lets say it takes like 30 mins to build everything with one single click. for different kind of way of building, you have to obtain special builds from home planets to build your planets in the way you want.

for example.

Build drone 1 - CB, domes , hydro farms ,depot, 10 defense bases etc.... 30 mins.
Build drone 2 - CB,domes ,Hydro farms , Sy, Dictor bases, 4 defense bases. 45 mins.

currently

Colony base, 6 domes, 6 hydro farms ,2 genaretors,1 barracks,9 research labs= total 18.5 mins.

Wait another 20 mins for researches.

4 nexus bases =20 mins

10 Def bases level 3 =60 mins.

between other stuffs, it takes more than a 100 mins to build it up and running , 30 seconds to bomb and level it.

Have mercy Faustus!

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-26 12:46   
not necessarily as more players will start choosing kluth, cause they are no longer weak in cloaking

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-26 13:35   
Quote:

On 2008-07-26 12:40, pakhos wrote:

between other stuffs, it takes more than a 100 mins to build it up and running , 30 seconds to bomb and level it.

Considering that now a 100 min built planet lasts longer then 3 seconds against bombers, I think you'll find the time well invested.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-26 18:12   
Doesn't mean it won't drive you crazy while you're doing it.

Email Shigernafy
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-07-26 23:58   
Remember kids, more than one person can build a planet at a time.

Darkspace is about teamwork. Building is neccessary in the game, and to be frank, never really has been a great source of prestige for people.

In turn, the Kluth can use their ability to have less risk building planets (and a better way of defending them), to build planets safely, thought it takes longer. This can be circumvented of course, if multiple people are building the same planet. K'luth teammates that realize this invaluable fact will be able to build most systems in relative safety (read: relative impunity).

So its not so bad, personally.

-Ent

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021658 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR