No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » just a wonderin
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author just a wonderin
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-27 02:46   
although they may need to make the mv smaller if kluths are to get much advantage out of this

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-27 11:34   
no, i say make the MV bigger, maybe the old MV which ive heard about?

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-28 18:56   
We need a fleet of builders who can fan out across a system and build it up right quick. Maybe have the advance team go and build the basic infrastructure, then move onto the next system, while a second wave comes through and builds research and follows the initial wave. After a few systems are established, they go back to the start and build useful structures which require tech.

Fleets of engineers!

Or, middy engis and just let all the poor unsubs do all the building.

Email Shigernafy
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-07-28 19:37   
Quote:

On 2008-07-27 11:34, Deltaflyer wrote:

You just want more planets to bomb. Which wont be so easy next patch.

Honestly, less planets is better. You concentrate more fights, individual planets matter more, and you might actually get though a system in a day.

I mean with bombing the way its going, and how slow engineerng is, the whole 'lets cap, build, bomb, and build again the whole MV' thing is going away. Having 30+ capturable planets in one system might make it a little old and repetitive don't you think?

-Ent

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-28 20:16   
Quote:

On 2008-07-28 18:56, Shigernafy wrote:
We need a fleet of builders who can fan out across a system and build it up right quick. Maybe have the advance team go and build the basic infrastructure, then move onto the next system, while a second wave comes through and builds research and follows the initial wave. After a few systems are established, they go back to the start and build useful structures which require tech.

Fleets of engineers!

Or, middy engis and just let all the poor unsubs do all the building.

i like this idea give middies engineering ships back, they were taken away cause they could swap it with sup drones (apparently). So now that they cant, let middies find a way of gaining press by building.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-07-29 13:21   
Quote:
On 2008-07-28 20:16, doda *EP5* (No Longer Exception...) wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-07-28 18:56, Shigernafy wrote:
Fleets of engineers!

i like this idea give middies engineering ships back, they were taken away cause they could swap it with sup drones (apparently). So now that they cant, let middies find a way of gaining press by building.

I hope not, if that happens i want Metaverse back to be a green icon server.
I can't even imagine the chaos of new people grouping up and fighting to protect there planet there building only to move to the next and don't care if it is badly build and bombed because they will be back to farm build some more.

And i recall engineers where taken away from midshipman for that reason, instead of the ability to swap out for repair drones.
In my newbie past i swapped out to repair drones occasionally, so i recall it well. for a midshipman to get access to repair drones on its own would take at least 40 minutes. Building a planet with a factory, getting the required materials and wait the ~12 minutes it took to build one. and at the price of 20.000 credits it wasn't cheap.

However i agree with shigernaffy
I would seriously like the fleet of engineers, where a group of more than three people coordinate the construction of a sector/cluster that just got taken/bombed by a fleet.
To get the planets facilities up as fast as possible while the fleet holds of the previous owners, who are trying to capture it back.

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-29 14:38   
Quote:

On 2008-07-28 19:37, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-07-27 11:34, Deltaflyer wrote:

You just want more planets to bomb. Which wont be so easy next patch.

Honestly, less planets is better. You concentrate more fights, individual planets matter more, and you might actually get though a system in a day.

I mean with bombing the way its going, and how slow engineerng is, the whole 'lets cap, build, bomb, and build again the whole MV' thing is going away. Having 30+ capturable planets in one system might make it a little old and repetitive don't you think?

-Ent

no, i want a varied MV because ive heard people saying it was great. Having never played that MV, i wish for it to be returned.

And actually, i didnt want more planets to bomb. If you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all.

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-29 14:41   
Also, i know that bombing isnt easy in beta. I call that progress because i am actually mirv-free. Maybe in 1.500 that will change because mirving wont be bugged but hey, who ARE you to critisize me? I am not doing anything to you and now, what? You are openly critizing me for mirving in the past.

Yea, the important word there is PAST.

back on with the thread please since this is a place for finding bugs, not flaming people.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-29 18:42   
Quote:

On 2008-07-29 14:38, Deltaflyer wrote:

no, i want a varied MV because ive heard people saying it was great. Having never played that MV, i wish for it to be returned.

It was great - except battles usually took place over the same system, which was the quickest route between "myspawn" and "enemyspawn" (.480 Lalande, anyone?)

So, I think a slight increase in systems (1-3) would be nice, but I wouldn't think it nessecary.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-29 22:00   
Midshipman engineering gives all the unsubs something to do. But it also means that anyone can build a planet, which may not be ideal.

But they were taken away for something like the combination of the reasons you stated. It was a popular vocation, so it seemed logical to make it a perk of subscribing. It was being used by unsubs to gain lots of pres without having to pay, then subscribing and having massive rank. It was used by newbs to build horrendous planets ("look, lol, i can just slap down domes and get promoted") so we thought a bit of exposure and experience first to not be a bad thing. And you could swap out drones, making them very powerful in the hands of the young and cheap - too powerful, it was decided.

Some of those fears are taken care of; some remain. The fact that they haven't been re-middy'd yet after so long of beta would seem to indicate a conscious decision on the part of the dev team to leave them as is. My post was somewhat tongue in cheek in that regard.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.014160 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR