Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Win the MV
 Author Win the MV
OldWanderer
Cadet

Posted: 2008-07-20 20:16   
I had an idea similar to Faustus about being able to win the MV.... but with a few difrences.

1. The MV planets other than gas giants are 100% capable.
2. When the factions home planet is taken a timer is activated with a time untill win... the other faction must keep the other factions home planets and systems caped for the time perioud in order to win.

goes somethign like that anyways... fill free to put your own input in.

Edited for gramor and a slight word ajust.

[ This Message was edited by: OldWanderer on 2008-07-20 23:56 ]

Email OldWanderer
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-07-20 22:15   
#2 there is a good idea. #1 is pretty much already that way.

I've always thought that factions should forced into a semi-route like way to fully take over another faction. That they would have to capture every system and planet capable of being captured before progressing on to the home planet.

In a post I made some time back, it was proposed that a faction would only be able to use a jumpgate into neutral or friendly system, from a friendly system. They'd have to either: build their own jumpgate into an enemy system or capture the existing one. They'd have to continually hold it, until the system turned neutral (by capturing half the planets). They'd only be able to proceed after it turned green (by capturing all the planets).

By this, they'd have to capture in stages, of course. I can think of a couple other ways that it'd modify it but it'd just complicate it more. But the basic idea helps making capturing the MV, challenging.

Except of course, at the moment, theres no real incentive for a faction to try capturing the entire MV, or an enemy Home Planet. Maybe having all the prestige you earned during the entire MV run could be added on by a percentage for the winnar.

-Ent

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-21 09:33   
maybe when a faction reaches its last system, the other faction can ally them selves with them until the defending faction is back to over 1 system

Mastakazam *P2*
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-23 21:51   
But what would be the reward of 'winning'? Unfleeted players don't belong to a faction, right? and it wouldn't be fair to only reward fleets..

Email Mastakazam *P2*
Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-23 22:44   
I like your timer to hold idea, maybe after that timer is reached, the winning faction gets the technology weapon paths (Maybe ships too) of the losing faction until that faction caps back their home system and holds it for the same amount of time the other faction had too to win it. This would only trigger ofcourse if the losing faction had no other planets/systems anywhere else in the MV. Then ships obtained from other faction tech or modded ships with weapon tech would be a rarity to hold in your garage after they cap it back, and actually give the winner something to have fun with as a trophy ship, until they get it blown up.

Suggested timer, 1 hour to hold the SYSTEM (Once its red, timer starts)?

EDIT: K'luth Battle Dread anyone? Or a UGTO Hive? Assault Dread with Assault Ruptors? PSI cannon Battle Dread? Etc...

[ This Message was edited by: Ospolos on 2008-07-23 22:52 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-07-24 06:10   
Quote:

On 2008-07-23 22:44, Ospolos wrote:
I like your timer to hold idea, maybe after that timer is reached, the winning faction gets the technology weapon paths (Maybe ships too) of the losing faction until that faction caps back their home system and holds it for the same amount of time the other faction had too to win it. This would only trigger ofcourse if the losing faction had no other planets/systems anywhere else in the MV. Then ships obtained from other faction tech or modded ships with weapon tech would be a rarity to hold in your garage after they cap it back, and actually give the winner something to have fun with as a trophy ship, until they get it blown up.

Suggested timer, 1 hour to hold the SYSTEM (Once its red, timer starts)?

EDIT: K'luth Battle Dread anyone? Or a UGTO Hive? Assault Dread with Assault Ruptors? PSI cannon Battle Dread? Etc...

[ This Message was edited by: Ospolos on 2008-07-23 22:52 ]

I really like that timer, capturing a home planet letting you have access to the other factions tech and ships temporarily? That would be, well, awesome.

Of course, you'd just have to make it really, really hard to get there in the first place, so yeah...

-Ent

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-07-26 01:10   
Only thing I'd like to see a timer come up from would be how long a faction would hold the entire MV before it's reset due to complete control being on one faction.

Having a timer to lead to other faction's tech sounds like it'd be abit broken and would unbalance the game if one faction had the most population.l

Email Supertrooper
Page created in 0.013030 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR