No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Fighters need some tweaking.
 Author Fighters need some tweaking.
The Master Debator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-07-22 09:20   
Ok lets face it, as of now, fighters are practically useless in the battle field with many problems plauging their effectiveness whether be damage, lag, or even attacking. Many of these problems have been addressed in v1.500 to a certain extent, but new problems were also created. After playing around with the ICC Carrier Cruiser(Guppy!) I have come up with the following issues.

Combat-
Its really cool that the fighters attack -more- but the damage they do is minimal to say the least. To balance this out(make fighters a viable combat option) I would suggest the following:

a. Buff the fighter damage(durrrrr)

b. Increase fighter durability(these things dont last long on the field when all it takes is one scl hit to bring them down, ANYTHING would help in this area whether its increased speed to dodge or more armor)

c. An "alpha scramble" that enables the player to put more fighters down on the field in exchange for longer cooldown. i.e launch 2 or 3 fighters per bay in exchange with time or energy penalties.

d. More fighter bays OR lower cooldown- alternative or addition to option a and c.

Bombing-
Oh boy, where can i start...... Forcing precision bombing on ds in my mind was brilliant until now. This area needs MAJOR tweaking for the various reasons:

a. Now im not sure about the EWAS, but the SRR does NOT spot buildings on planets.

b. It's nice that the bombers now launch two bombs instead of one, but again the damage needs to be buffed VERY slightly. Also, at certain angles (the lowest buildable row comes to mind here) the bombs have no effect or completely miss(it is hard to tell). Perhaps the accuracy could be adjusted.
Also, Infantry are IMMUNE to their damage. Heck I destroyed the building under the stack and they still had 100% HP.

c. At close range(200gu) if the bombers are launched at a target, the cruiser itself will be hit by the first salvo of bombs launched by the bombers.

d. After launching their strike, the bombers continue to make passes over the target but do not release any more bombs. I am not sure at this point if they are supposed to return to the carrier or continue bombing until the target is eliminated at this point.

e. This might be a controversial suggestion, but it would be really nice if the bombers could auto-select targets if a the buildings are viewable.(By any other craft than the bombers themselves ofcourse)

Aside from the criticism, I am quite impressed with the new fighters and hope that in the future they will be a integral part of future large-scale enagements to come.

Oh, and kudos on the retrieval command, it was pretty interesting(even amusing) to see three bombers nose dive into my vesel)

[ This Message was edited by: SeNSaTioNaL on 2008-07-22 09:23 ]

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-07-22 12:10   
Note: The SHIFT-N Fighter Recall command has been in place for a good long while...

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
The Master Debator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-07-22 19:02   
I was just saying it never worked that well, or at least in my experience.

Griffinhawk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-23 21:37   
the one problem i've had with fighters was that they would always attack one target and you could never have them retarget a new one without recalling them. and Shift+N does not work well enough

Goto the website of Griffinhawk
Page created in 0.009527 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR