Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Editor and Server
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Editor and Server
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-18 21:23   
What about a few compromising Ideas.

a. Map Editor/Server allowed, however no listing shall be allowed without a client and/or user without a, for example, [MAP] flag. If you want to connect to a private user ran server, then maybe an option to input IP/Port could be a possibility.

b. To Improve the Idea of Darkspace being more fleeted, how about the Editor/Server is locked out only for those unfleeted, aswell as those without a specific rank in a fleet, for exmaple, now we have Recruits, Members and Admin, how about an added section called Strategy Analyser or something militaristic, now the server would only show up to those in the clan, or you can invite other clans, either through some form of code in the website or again with the input IP/Port option. (Maybe this option can be like Forums, You have to have, 20+ Players ((Non Clones)) to have the ability to assign a Map Editing person.)

c. Severly restrict the abilities of the map editor, as it stands you can do almost everything, and the obvious scripting ability and annoyance to some, stop all that and merely have it as a map editor, then as time goes on, if your competant, (And the staff see's this) then maybe you can get extra rights like /run and so forth, but only in your own servers etc, but this should never be asked for, and rarely given out unless someone truly wants to delve into code and in the long run (Contract?) help darkspace, possibly they have to fufil a coding role somewhere else to get this access.

The Map Editor/Server is a fun tool, as it stands yes it does detract from gameplay, as the small amount of players on the metaverse are further diminished by the extra servers, and the server list looking rather mish mash instead of official, but, it is a very fun and great tool, that many games do have, although very few MMORPG's have, so we could be proud of our private server ability etc, and if this large plan that a big section of the playerbase returns with 1.5 we are only going to be called upon the fact that there is no map editior.

Keep it I say, but restrict it severly.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-08-19 10:09   
This is all assuming that Faustus has the time to expend to rewrite the editor program to work with 1.5. Not for nothing but I wish that people wouldn't want to him to waste his time on something that was marginally used sporadically by very few people for no end-game result.

Just my thought on the issue. And quite frankly its rather laughable that this is as big of a deal as it is to people. Don't see any other MMOs with it out there, and for good reason.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2008-08-19 10:32   
Quote:

On 2008-08-18 20:54, JBud wrote:
why?

When I say "discount", that means it may not be the correct reason.

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-08-19 13:53   
Quote:

On 2008-08-17 18:16, JBud wrote:
I will be leaving when 1.500 drops because of this it is BS that you guys even think that we pollute your serverlist, I hate u jack,

and as soon as u fix the editor i will return but i dont want to play if it comes down to this FIX IT!!! it has been a part of this game for a while right?

i know im not the only member who wants the editor to stay... im sure other members will realize this and leave as well it is more than disapointing it is BS get off your lazy butts and fix it

if u cant i will put me on ill dedacate my dev work on the editor and the server programs and if i finnish then ill move on to the next problem that needs fixxing but got shoved aside like the ship import function or something i am serious it is a waste of good members to just ignore the map editor sooo many players will be upset i just hope that u will listen to us

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2008-08-17 18:27 ]

well besides the fact that this post was only semi-coherent, I'd like to ask you to keep your personal hatreds to yourself. All you are doing is attacking a dev that has given massive amounts of his personal time and energy to help this game. There is a way to express yourself without being an ass, but you haven't found it. Sorry folks, don't mean to hijack this thread, but it was said before and bears mentioning again, it is not Jacks fault that this is happening... as always Faustus has the final say.

I and MOST of the other DS users appreciate the FREE TIME the devs are putting into the 1.5 version of the game and look forward to supporting DS for many more years to come.

Rae

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-19 20:57   
Regarding the detraction of the server list, seems like it'd be easier to just auto-filter out player run servers; you have to check a box to show them. Or just split the server list in half and have player run servers in their own section, clearly marked.

Voila, problem solved.

Email Shigernafy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-20 22:26   
We can wait until 1.500001 or whatever before we need to have fun in our servers. Frankly, I think we can all agree getting 1.5 out is more important then a handful of people messing around in their private servers.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.022592 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR