Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Supporting Dark Space
 Author Supporting Dark Space
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-08-30 02:12   
I wanted to bring up a discussion about the feasibility of supporting Dark Space on an advertisement based revenue instead of subscription based. Putting ads on the games website and perhaps the game's lobby system.

When I had played this game I really enjoyed it but I couldn't help but be frustrated by the lack of a large player base, I would sign on ready for combat but would be unable to find any. Not that I need to explain this as you have all played this game and I know that this has driven many players away over the years.

As a college student and really anyone but the most dedicated of fans have a hard time justifying another bill to pay for a MMO with only 20 other people playing on a good night. I don't know the costs of running the servers and I can't quote potential income from advertisements, I don't know if the idea could work but I would like to see something done to increase the games player base.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-08-30 02:50   
advertisements on the website, tolerable to certain extents. but in the lobby? HELL no.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-30 03:28   
A little like the Ingame advertising for bounties in EvE, we could always have planetary billboards or marquee messages on jumpgates selling a certain product, would certainly be amusing, and different.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-08-30 07:04   
heh raise the playerbase by offering stuff like 7 day coupons to all new subscribers (making the first payment worth 50-51 days '''if trial coupon is also used''' )

Renew all Reviews of this game at the various MMORPG sites (include the special offers if u use em)

use DS banners let members use them on there own sites every new person who clicks the link and subscribes adds a 7 day reffural coupon automatically to the member to advertise (same idea as reffural program already in place but it will be linked with the members ID to auto add it)

even something like adding 7 days to the free trial making a 3 week trial would bring in more troops

Just a few ideas...

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2008-08-30 07:05 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
The Master Debator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-08-30 08:38   
Quote:

On 2008-08-30 03:28, Grantham wrote:
A little like the Ingame advertising for bounties in EvE, we could always have planetary billboards or marquee messages on jumpgates selling a certain product, would certainly be amusing, and different.

win

Captain LlamaPajamas
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-30 11:22   
I would probably leave if we succumbed to that, because it both stops determined players from subscribing and keeping it 8-year-old-with-no-comprehension-from-bad-parenting-free, and I hate ads. Eugh. We already have Google ads on the site. Just subscribe, instead of trying to change the system. The system works!

Email Captain LlamaPajamas
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-08-30 11:33   
I'd agree with anything that 'll increse player base. If the big F thinks putting ads in will help him pay mods and scripters. i'm fine with it.

i too miss the days with 30+ player in mv.

advice to the player, go bomb something in MV, prefeably some thing in Epsi, or close to the center of the map. some one will come kill ya. ^_^

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-08-30 13:09   
All great ideas. Instead of spaming the lobby with ads have them in a special spot in the lobby like the lower left and move the lobby chat over to make room. I dont know something l ike that?

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-08-31 15:53   
no offence but well somthing should be done to get players now before s.t.o (startrek online)comes out i have been hanging around the site for abit and it looks awsome with this and a couple other games comming out it might be smart to consider means of funding d.s and getting more players back and i know you guys have been working on it but the new version of d.s might help with this considering alot of players that left d.s are waiting for the new version to come back to d.s

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-08-31 17:55   
Not for nothing but DS is already one of (if not THE) cheapest MMO out there. You do get a 2 week free trial coupon when you register & validate your email already. There already are ads on the website if you're not subscribed, but I don't they generate much revenue.

Wanna support DS? Pay & play. Get your friends to pay & play. Talk DS up everywhere you go.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-09-01 06:30   
i have been sence i restarted playing xbox live in october the only thing on my motto on my profile is www.DARKSPACE.NET people ask me about it all the time and i tell them all the time to check it out

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Page created in 0.016886 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR