No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Worth it to come back?
 Author Worth it to come back?
Edwin
Cadet

Posted: 2008-08-31 22:12   
So. i have played this game on and off for several years now, end each time i have a great time for a few days, but end up leaving after a week or three for the same set of reasons.

First and Foremost: the grind sucks. There is no good way to say this but i have never played an MMO that it was more a pain in the ass to advance ships/levels on with the possible exception of NavyField. It's a pain in the ass enough that i have to sit for hours, even days, doing the same thing to be the right level for the next ship. But then, when i am finally that level, i have to fill a small treasure chest with badges, which also take forever to get, before i am allowed to use said ship.

Second: Lag. I cannot tell you how many times i have been lagged to death in this game. I distinctly remember at least one incident where the lag was so bad from a UGTO Dreadnaught fleet spamming fighters that the metaverse server handling that system crashed for two hours.

Third: No players. Ever. This game is faaar to unfriendly to new players because everyone who has had the patience to stick it out through the other issues has an assault dreadnaught or better now. meaning that it is next to impossible for a low-level player to gain combat badges, so even if they suck it up and grind rank, all the good ships are -still- denied them.

add to these the fact that my preferred race (kluth) -sucks- unless they outnumber the enemy three to one and there is no point in playing the game.

so, has any of this improved since a year ago?

[ This Message was edited by: Edwin on 2008-08-31 22:14 ]

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-01 01:05   
I would respectfully disagree with the last comment, as long as there are 3+ kluth ships, they can reasonably hold off odds of up to 1.5 - 2 times the enemy ships.

but yes, less than 3 kluth ships have are hard time in battle unless they out class enemy.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-01 01:07 ]

Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2008-09-01 02:53   
you dont need the numbers you need the skill.

and you don't need to do the same thing for hours. you can do a bit of fighting, bombing, suplying, capping or building all of wich give you press just rotate what your doing that keeps the game fun.

and well lag i never had trouble with it. i lagged to death 1 time that was when the ai flooded the MV (close to 200-300 AI) but next to that i never had lag leaf alone so bad that a server crashed.

Timbo
The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

Edwin
Cadet

Posted: 2008-09-01 08:34   
Quote:

On 2008-09-01 02:53, Timbo400 wrote:
you dont need the numbers you need the skill.

which is aweful hard to get when 9/10 players online at any given moment can whip your ass in a new york minute

Quote:

you can do a bit of fighting,

which costs me prestiege faster than i can can rack it up: poor ship access + a server populated only by long-standing experts == rapid death

Quote:

bombing,

on the whopping three MV planets that don't have 20+ defense rating, sure. until, of course, someone noticed and decides to interdict my ass

Quote:

suplying,

requires other players to be on and doing something that they need to be resupplied

Quote:

capping

same problem as bombing, only when you drop troops, somone will isntantly appear in the dreadnaught they had parked in the next shipyard over and sneeze you to death.

Quote:

or building

except all MV planets are either A: locked to Fleet Admiral, or B: belong to the other team.

Quote:

and well lag i never had trouble with it. i lagged to death 1 time that was when the ai flooded the MV (close to 200-300 AI) but next to that i never had lag leaf alone so bad that a server crashed.

Timbo

well, that much, at least, is good news.

and yes, i know, i know, "Play on admiral" it's great if i wanna get capping and building pres, because no one is ever on it. if i want to get some combat in though.... hahahahaha......

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-01 09:36   
Shesh, don't be so hard on the game.
Stick with it and don't drop out so fast.
That's the only way you'll be able to cover that gameplay knowledge gap your experiencing.

As far as others being better than you, no need to fight them then.
If you happen to get jumped by a dread, you can still haul ass out of there.
Not that you should need to anyways, destroyers and cruisers are able to hold their own in any 1v1 fight in this version.

Hope you decide to give this game another (longer) try.

[ This Message was edited by: philll on 2008-09-01 09:43 ]

Viper55
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-01 11:04   
Navyfield took me years to get the bb.iowa, but yea this game needs more people which is a big problem. 1 new player will just get beat down but all the other people that have been playing, but get 8-9new players they can help each other lvl up, so hopfully they'll start adertising it soon

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-09-01 11:05   
An upgraded destroyer or frigate with lvl10 shields/armor is more than a match for a dread sadly. Even an AD - just get behind them where they can't fire their core weapon. Slam E+J repetedly to EJump about 1k-2kgus away & continue firing on them - great tactic for dodging that dread that just jumped in on you.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-01 11:59   
Quote:

On 2008-08-31 22:12, Edwin wrote:

First and Foremost: the grind sucks.

Quote:

the grind sucks.

Quote:

There is no good way to say this but i have never played an MMO that it was more a pain in the ass to advance ships/levels on with the possible exception of NavyField.

Page created in 0.015356 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR