No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » suggestion to mirving
 Author suggestion to mirving
| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-04 09:34   
well this is bugging alrdy for a long time and some times i can't even sleep.... making bombing difficult by reduced bomb damage won't stop Mirv.. we get 3 bombers with the supply and we press farm the whole MV u probably figured what i mean by now the only way to reduced mirving is by LOWERING THE PRESS we get example: at MV we get about 80 press fro full mirved planet if at 1.500 we get only 20 from mirving and 30 or more from neut no one will even say a mirv bomb ever again.

thanks

awww feel better now /me gets some sleep now

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-09-04 09:44   

• neuting earns more seems a good idea but how to do it, you only kill population. when mirving you destroy more so should have more points. and gives the reason to build planets again.

• even if you have 5 bombers and 2 supplies. they won't be able to level a complete planet (if constructed well) in one run. heck i doubt they can in three runs.
    To take a 5 planet cluster would take like a hour, more than enough time for the enemy to muster defenses or go on the counter offensive.

• o and there not reducing the bomb damage, just the blast range. no longer will you be able to destroy a planet in one run. you will destroy the structure targeted and the buildings directly around it.

p.s. current beta bombing is not working properly.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-09-04 09:51   
3 bombers and a supply required to nuke a planet slowly is exactly what kind of thing we want. That requires team play, and gives the enemy a chance to respond. Giving more chance for combat to evolve - which is the main selling point of the game.

The Master Debator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-09-04 15:07   
Quote:

On 2008-09-04 09:51, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
3 bombers and a supply required to nuke a planet slowly is exactly what kind of thing we want. That requires team play, and gives the enemy a chance to respond. Giving more chance for combat to evolve - which is the main selling point of the game.

you wont see FS's 5 ecm extractors coming

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-04 16:36   
How much hours should players need to take a planet down with about 8 players working on it and no opposition?

How much hours should players need to take a planet down with about 8 players working on it and some opposition, about three enemy vessels?

IE: how long should taking over a planet take conform the new ideals of bombing?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-09-05 07:50   
Quote:

On 2008-09-04 15:07, Fatal Sensation wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-09-04 09:51, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

you wont see FS's 5 ecm extractors coming

Extractors in 1.5 can't fit an abundance of ECM - I also think you'll find that 5 ECM extractors, a supply and a bomber is a reasonable amount of people to bomb with. Added onto that, trying to bomb a planet with a single bomber, is going to take some time.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-09-05 08:42   
even so, if it needs 3-4 or more to mirv one planet, as ive understand it the amount of pres will be shared, so it wont get much pres per person?

And the other point is that this will take away those "solo bombers" that can pretty much mirv system after system in no time. As you mentioned u need 4 or more to bomb it fast.

Page created in 0.019187 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR