Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » upgrading
 Author upgrading
BoogerDude
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-07 16:23   
I cannot upgrade my current systems or purchase new systems, and i am not getting any messages telling me why i cannot purchase or upgrade, i have the credits to make the purchases.

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2008-09-07 17:32   
1) you need to orbit a friendly planet
2) if you have the cash but you still cant upgrade that means probally its already upgraded, the lvl may vary by hull type.
3) for new parts most are produced in the home planets

BoogerDude
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-08 02:25   
nope its none of those

darklazer
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-08 05:15   
glitch? it wouldent be the first time for me in ANY game that has happend i download different games all the time and 1 out of 5 will do this.i cant help tho.

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-09-08 06:26   
Booger,

It kinda has to be "one of those" since it works for every other player in the game.

First, any given ship may be upgradable from level 0 to level 10. However, each system may have a cap that's set by the hull size of the ship you are on. Currently, you're in the early ships so your limits are going to be very low/aka - maybe not upgradable at all.

Note: System caps very by type - just about any ship can upgrade engines to level 10 - most of the time you can only upgrade ECM/ECCM to much lower levels.

To upgrade at all, you must be in orbit around a friendly planet.
Next, right click the system you want to upgrade.

If a) the system is upgradable & b) you are in orbit (you have to use the O key and let it come to a complete stop), then c) the $ sign will become available in a sort of "keypad" that appears in the bottom middle of your screen.

Nax

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-09-08 06:33   
Sorry, just noticed your question had multiple parts.

System purchasing can only be done at a Starport. To build the systems in the first place requires that you have a planet with sufficient technology - sufficient resources AND you've built a factory then waited the requisite amount of time for it to be built (several minutes per system). They then get 'stored' in the planets starport.

A couple years ago the MV was redesigned and two home planets were encompased by the safe zone around the home spawn gates. Net effect - two planets that can't be captured by enemies. Players then resorted to setting those planets as their primary building locations so as to reduce the frequency of enemy factions gaining access to their systems.

Control-P selects the closests starport. Generally, if you're in orbit of a planet, you will then see a display of all available systems to buy (after either selecting the starport manually or doing Control-P). If you have enough credits AND have enough free space on your ship, you can buy a system. Smaller ships have fewer slots available to add stuff - if you have too much, you'll have to get rid of something. You can't dump stuff in orbit around the homeworlds because of the spawn gate safe zone.

Installing is easy - it's another right-click to select the system then a new set of boxes may appear on the right hand side of your window. This only happens if you have available slots to move stuff into. Left click the spot you want it (in that new window) and it installs.

Note: Some systems need to be turned off before replaced (such as shields).

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-09-08 12:15   
Alternate explaination - if he is trying the 1.5 beta version which doesn't HAVE any upgrading or purchasing. You CAN install alternate equipment however by right clicking on the device you want to replace (turning it off if necessary), and then clicking on the new item you want to install in the lower right.

[ This Message was edited by: Coeus on 2008-09-08 12:15 ]

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Page created in 0.020275 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR