No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +10.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » DarkSpins two cents
 Author DarkSpins two cents
DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-09-17 05:14   
About AI

To all that still are around.... I love dark space. I love it!!! It was and is the only game I have ever stuck with.

I love many games for a while but soon come to realize that it was only fun at the beginning. As most of us should understand DarkSpace is a PVP game and not a PVE adding AI would make it a PVE game and thus would be incomplete without a story behind it all. I am not saying no to the idea of AI but I am saying that it would require even more development to deploy sensibly however due to the state of the game I do not see the harm in at least temporarily including AI to substitute for the lack of player base. Currently it is just very plain an dull as no one bothers to stay logged in.

About the state of the game.

As obvious as it is... DarkSpace is having a hard time. It is mostly due to the unstable version of the game.

It is not all be be blamed on the developers but to the members that helped in the development of the version of the game. It was due to improper testing as well as people rushing them to get the version out.

Many mistakes have been made in patches after 2002 it might have been 3 I just cant remember that far back.

Fortunately and unfortunately for me YES I was around way back when and got to see DarkSpace in one of its finest hours. They didn't just have 60 people in the servers they had hundreds! It could still yet return to that when the proper development of DarkSpace is met and maintained. As of now the developers are doing a OUTSTANDING job! it is just taking a lot longer than we would have ever hoped for to get things done.

I am highly confident that DarkSpace is indeed in a lot of trouble as a game but it is slowly and carefully being dealt with. We just need to be ready to pounce when the time is right. Unfortunately the time is not quite here yet. In my love for the game I have frequently hosted servers from time to time with mass of A.I. I have not done that recently nor will I ever again.
The AI didn't even resemble the fun you had when they were actual players.

We have a history of satisfying the players and being an addictive game. Players frequently pop in to see how it is going and often are quite surprised that the game has fallen as much as it has. I am just waiting for that little jolt that I call 1.500 to spring fourth. We need a full blown media campaign... We offer something much better than allot of games can only dream of and that is a dedicated player base. We should consider all the developers and especially the admin and Faustus as a special group of people that will be the brain children of Faustus dreams and make this game shine once more. I think they should be rewarded in some way but don't know what kind of reward would fit. DarkSpace owes its existence today to all the developers and admin and especially Faustus who has been really stubborn and even though it costs him to pull money out of his pocket to keep going continues to support and develop DarkSpace. I am proud to be a member of this great game! For troughs of us asking how can I help? Simple! Just keep your head up and be ready for 1.500. I myself am very itchy to help with something but lack the skills to do it. I am great as a web admin but since the DarkSpace website is not publicly available I am not able to tweak it or anything like that. Any who I just wanted to write that. Toodles! Have fun.

Comments questions please! Sorry if I offend anyone.. I don't mean to.

Edited for gramor, spelling, reform and so on. I should start takeing more care into what im writeing before i post... but o well... It is fixed now.

[ This Message was edited by: DarkSpin on 2008-09-17 22:39 ]

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-09-17 10:19   
tl;dr
Quote:

On 2008-09-17 05:14, DarkSpin wrote:
I do not see the harm in at least temporarily including AI to substitute for the lack of player base

The AI didnt even resember the fun you had when they were actual players.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-09-17 14:30   
Learn how to form paragraphs and such, and I might try reading that.

Email Supertrooper
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-09-17 14:42   
yes, we all are excited for the (hopfully sooner then later) 1.500 release, and i know that AI arnt anywhere as near as fun as PVP, and i have no intention of making this game strictly PVE, or anywhere close, but what i am saying is that while we wait, it would be nice to have some kind of large fleet battle, with some AIs to support us or attack us.

unfortunatly i have not been here in the golden age of DS, so i only know it in this most recent, and player lacking state, where pres loss is high and battles are low,i think AI would really help. When 1.500 dose come out i really hope that DS becomes the gaming giant that it once must have been, but in the meen time, while we have the small player base, and a version with a bunch of holes, it really wouldent hurt to get some AI to help keep things alive in MV. not saying like 80 AI online, but those 4 or 5 to make the diffrence in a battle or to help defend an area would be a great support to this version that we have to play with now. i would expect for the AI to not act like players, but they dont need to, all they would need to be was a ship that could help be there and exleast simulate that we may actually have some ppl on MV to fight.

anyway, thats my 2 cents on the matter.
-Spirit Of Fire

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-17 14:55   
Quote:

On 2008-09-17 10:19, Doran wrote:
tl;dr
Quote:

On 2008-09-17 05:14, DarkSpin wrote:
I do not see the harm in at least temporarily including AI to substitute for the lack of player base

The AI didnt even resember the fun you had when they were actual players.

I got to about here:
Quote:
DarkSpins two cents

and stoped reading. thanks for the tl;dr

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-09-17 15:31   
lol ADHD at its best!
its ok, i bet u made it further then most XD

Look Over There! Something Shinny!

Page created in 0.011209 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR