No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth Cloak vs ECCM Pinging (Constructive posts please)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Kluth Cloak vs ECCM Pinging (Constructive posts please)
Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-10 07:00   
On the plus side, things are being fixed on a daily basis. I'd call that pretty damned exciting, given 1483...

Email Mithrandir
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-10-10 07:11   
Indeed, Mith, and I certainly know I'm grateful for it.

As a dedicated UGTO player, I find pinging very useful if somewhat laborious, particularly since it helps stop luth dreads from picking off all the scouts and frigates without warning. However, I do agree that the fact that practically every single ship out there can ping is just as unfair as when any ship could swap out for beacons. Is there a way it could be limited to, say, scouts and command vessels or something?

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-10 07:18   
Quote:

On 2008-10-10 07:11, Gejaheline wrote:
Indeed, Mith, and I certainly know I'm grateful for it.

As a dedicated UGTO player, I find pinging very useful if somewhat laborious, particularly since it helps stop luth dreads from picking off all the scouts and frigates without warning. However, I do agree that the fact that practically every single ship out there can ping is just as unfair as when any ship could swap out for beacons. Is there a way it could be limited to, say, scouts and command vessels or something?

awesome idea i second this

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-10 07:48   
awesome idea?

Not realy. its still a robot hitting p every 15 seconds. Do i need my personal ping alt now? If its a scout ittl be trial acc....

Building on the "guy hits P every so few seconds" is like building your house on marshmellows.
And limiting it to scouts and frigs ist just like saying: "Don't start using it we will insta beam it to death anyway!"

It should be a cruiser and destroyer sized type of vessel. A True support ship. Might call them EW Destroyers/cruisers.
Make it Pilotable at a reasonable rank so that new players can contribute besides being supply whores or easy pickings.

Get an EW vessel, fit it for the faction your up against (ecm/eccm if humans, anti cloack ping system if its kluth).
The ping module will ping every XX seconds with a chance of revealing the position of a kluth. the more ships are there pinging the less efficient will it become. make it a curve. while 2 ships might be good, 4 might be counteactive.

its basicly a game of numbers and formulaes once you have decided to actualy stick to specialized vessels for the job.

Maybee award scout pres (low value) for every luth uncovered and every XXX seconds of active ECM/ECCM/scanning.

so much room to do COOL things.
don't limit us to robot button mashers even >I< (stands both for me and signifies my incompetence at scripting and stuff) can script me a macro for....

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-10 07:57   
well said russian roulette, very well said

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-10 09:37   
that could work russian. although i can already see how lower ranked players wouldn't want to fly a suport ship where they get little press and are a easy target from that luth dred

Email Borgie
BackAlley
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-10-10 09:37   
Somebody said that a pinged vessel can get targeted....Not so, from what I have seen.....I have tried to target a pinged vessel quite a few times without success.....What pilots are doing is predicting the direction of the vessel and then using the control click weapons fire.....

Email BackAlley   Goto the website of BackAlley
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-10-10 10:28   
Quote:

On 2008-10-10 09:37, BackAlley wrote:
Somebody said that a pinged vessel can get targeted....Not so, from what I have seen.....I have tried to target a pinged vessel quite a few times without success.....What pilots are doing is predicting the direction of the vessel and then using the control click weapons fire.....

If you're seriously quick, and you've already pinged them once so you know roughly where they are (or have your fingers on the "target nearest enemy" button, although having your hands on that, the P key, and your weapon keys may be physically impossible), you can just about target them, and possibly get a shot off. Usually easier to CTRL + target though, as you say.

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-10 10:33   
Quote:

On 2008-10-10 09:37, Fatal Borgie wrote:
that could work russian. although i can already see how lower ranked players wouldn't want to fly a suport ship where they get little press and are a easy target from that luth dred

if they ever bring back grouping ill share my combat pres with the nooble in return for his services.

DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-10-10 11:08   
I was thinkin more of the lines of a Supply Station or something of that mannor since the SS is where people tend to let there guard down to get repairs. In most cases the station is suppost to be a safe place to reload and repair due to the fact of the stations senor range reaches far beyond any other ship in a factions fleet.

Email DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-10 11:41   
Quote:

On 2008-10-10 11:08, DragonSlayer*Recruiting* wrote:
I was thinkin more of the lines of a Supply Station or something of that mannor since the SS is where people tend to let there guard down to get repairs. In most cases the station is suppost to be a safe place to reload and repair due to the fact of the stations senor range reaches far beyond any other ship in a factions fleet.

dont fix every job onto stations. thx.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.021321 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR