No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Reflective Armor and you.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Reflective Armor and you.
NiteHawk
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-09 18:15   
Another constructive post that people were bickering in the game, which I shall post here. Again, constructive posts again please. I had not really much say on this during the dispute, but at the moment, people state this is very powerful against disrupters.

Again, this one is more for the big dispute that happened in game, and I'd like to see what people think of this armor.

I think personally there not to bad, not powerful like people are stating, but they could use 'very minor' tweaking. But perhaps it is because of having a hard issue getting close currently. I can't really voice myself much yet here until further testing.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Please no whining, just state bad/good. Again, I'm not fighting to change this, looking for voices first.

Email NiteHawk
DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-10-09 18:19   
um, yeah it is. I took an alpha from Jbud in his dread and was in a interceptor and i didnt lose hull. Without reflective that would have a been a one shot kill

Email DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-10-09 18:21   
yea, they are a might over powered.
just about immune to all lazor fire.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2008-10-09 18:49   
adjust tactics and use non-beam weapons against reflective armor... Its a great deal weaker than standard armor.

Email Tael
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-09 19:11   
AM torps shred Reflective.

Use AM torps.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-09 19:11   
And here is the problem with players.

They're idiots.

You can't just expect to smash the space bar and win against every kind of ship. Use tactics, figure out new ways to beat an enemy.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim {Pants?} on 2008-10-09 19:12 ]

Email Supertrooper
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-09 19:38   
Nest has like 12 ruptors and 8 Si, krill has 7 si and 6 ruptors,siphon has 7? ruptors ,4 Si, 6 torps and 2 psi cannons. In this case, torp are too slow to hit a target while moving. Si arent so strong and dont recharge quick to take down any armor while u are getting hit by all those cannons ugto has. I saw afew case as dragon mentioned there. Little ships with reflective armor can survive an alpha from a kluth dread. Ead with reflective armor is just too good for us.

Note: stop calling people idiots..

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-09 19:40   
I think it is a problem, a important issue addressed by this verison was the Uber small ships. If a small ship go too close to a Dread, it dies. As dragon slayer says, he frig took a FULL ALPHA without hull damg, that's a good indication something is unbalanced.

Take a retrospective view on this, if a EAD alpha a kluth or icc frig without doing hull dmg. How would ugto players feel?

AM torps does shred reflectives, but have u tried to hit a frig with em?

This could prove counter productive to 1.500, as it gives 1 faction access to Uber small ships.

NiteHawk
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-09 19:52   
I do agree with Pakhos here in some ways, we are very limited with long range weapons, I suppose if we are more in groups, it may be better, but we'll have to play and test more.

AM Torps are pretty good against bigger targets, they do rip into stations very nicely who are using reflective, but most smart pilots in dreads can keep in farther range and avoid them, and use there cannons/torps. Mostly relying on our own psi cannons.

As I said crim, I'm just getting some say in it, don't have to be so harsh there. I just don't sit mashing my keyboard. Most of my weapons are on numbers, normally lasers mixed in, and psi/am torps on another two keys. Good for situations, anyways.

[ This Message was edited by: NiteHawk on 2008-10-09 19:54 ]

Email NiteHawk
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-10-09 20:19   
Quote:

On 2008-10-09 18:49, Tael wrote:
adjust tactics and use non-beam weapons against reflective armor... Its a great deal weaker than standard armor.

Thas a bit tough to do when you cant personally mod your ship

This is true. UTGO ships seem to be the herdest to hull. We need to even that up.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-10-09 20:36   
Quote:

On 2008-10-09 19:40, Delando wrote:
As dragon slayer says, he frig took a FULL ALPHA without hull damg, that's a good indication something is unbalanced.

Yes but i didnt tell u that the frig had no armor on 2 side after that alpha.

Quote:

Take a retrospective view on this, if a EAD alpha a kluth or icc frig without doing hull dmg. How would ugto players feel?

Lolwut, ead still has its power drain... hmm lets see. what kluth ships drain power? Hmm.... As crim said,(sadly as i dont usally agree with crim) tatics. learn your enemys weakness.
About all of UGTO ship have a power drain. Also ive yet to see 1 EAD catch a dessy or a frig on a alpha and catch hull. If he does he gets lucky.

Why is Kluth Complaining anyway about armor... hell yalls regenerates at a extreme pace.

Email DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-09 22:10   
Quote:

On 2008-10-09 20:19, Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) wrote:

This is true. UTGO ships seem to be the herdest to hull. We need to even that up.

AD puts BD's in hull before i run out of power luth should make quicker work of a BD

Email Borgie
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-10-09 22:38   
Quote:

On 2008-10-09 22:10, Fatal Borgie wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-09 20:19, Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) wrote:

AD puts BD's in hull before i run out of power luth should make quicker work of a BD

lol wow, well, that makes one of you.
well, i believe that SA is right, it is to powerful. and the whole "people are idiots by not adjusting their tactics" is just crap, how can a kluth equipt anything but lazorz, personally i believe that its just alot easier to say its not broken then it is just to fix it.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-10-09 23:34   
Bare in mind UGTO have had the least change in this version in terms of gameplay balancing. ICC have lost some power to their shields (they were bugged in 1.483, no discussion about that), and K'luth have changed slightly. This is going to require adaptation, which will take time.

As Tael said, both Ablative and Reflective armour have less HP than Standard. And whilst you take half the damage of one type, you take twice as much of the other.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2008-10-10 00:33   
And for the record while playing ICC today as Taelron, I was able to go up against an UGTO Dread with an ICC dread and Hull him considerably while rotating shields to keep fresh power to the side he was on.

I had to break from combat and retreat after a Station came to his aid and joined him.

So one on one I have a feeling I would have won that fight, depleted shields, but minimal systems and hull damage. Even after the station joined and I was forced to split shield power across two arcs I was able to get off another 15 seconds of combat with both before jumping away and did not take any hull damage while the UGGY Dread was hulled down to the 70% range... My shields total strength was down around 15 to 20% total by the time I jumped away (Red on three arcs, yellow single on one)
[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2008-10-10 00:35 ]

Email Tael
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022613 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR