No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +8.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » vetern darkspace players
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author vetern darkspace players
xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-10 21:05   
after playing version 1.5 for about a week now,i can say the devs should be proud of the product they have created. darkspace is now a new game with new challenges, but it seems i am in a minority about how great this game has become. I now hear more whinning and crying about 1.5 than i did about 1.483, i think the vets should be ashamed of them selfs with their attitude towards the new darkspace, stop being so selfish. I think Faustus did go in the wrong direction in one aspect, he should be catering to new players and make the game more newb friendly and forget about trying to make ungrateful vets happy

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-10-10 21:16   
I'm a vet and i don't whine about 1.500

I'm a vet and i don't think any more about 483

I'm a vet and and and hope xTx will stay around much more. (playing the game!)

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-10 21:35   
Sorry to disappoint you but most us of arent whining. The 1.5 is at alpha stage. Means need to be improved.There is still some bug and still things to do. Nobody says Faustus did a bad job.He did a great job. But in public forum (i dont know if he reads those ) he doesnt answer our petitions.All we get some admins,mods,dev team members telling us use "better tactics" or "i am uber thats why i owned you". If 1 ead hulls my nest in 10 seconds and i cant hull him from 150 gu away, there is something wrong. Any healty person would consider this as a problem. We , vets, want this game to become better, faster , more balanced. We have to talk now or we wont be able to change anything after the 1.5 is complete. If Dev team is upset about comments and if Dev team thinks we are completely wrong , I ,personally,will rest my case, wont say anything about any balance issue and apogolize publicly for being a pain in the ass.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-10-10 22:24   
Quote:
On 2008-10-10 21:35, Pakhos wrote:
he doesn't answer our petitions. All we get some admins,mods, dev team members telling us use "better tactics"

The dev's and Faustus included created 1.500, despite that Faustus did most of the coding, the rest created content, faction balance and other features. if you think the balance is wrong than fight it out with them.
I think Faustus just won't go in on the subject because he has got his dev team to work on it, and i think he is already busy enough keeping him self fed (work) and expanding the DS code.

And yes i may be wrong about this all either. but atleast you said it your self:
Quote:
The 1.5 is at alpha stage.

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore[NL] on 2008-10-10 22:25 ]

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-10-10 23:51   
I was under the impression that we loved 1.500... those of us who go back to pre-1.483, at least.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-10-10 23:54   
I like what I've seen of 1.5 so far, and I'm about as veteran as they come.

Of course, I'd really need to resub and start playing regularly to say for certain...

Email Jim Starluck
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-10-11 01:50   
xTx. I would watch what you say mate.

it is US vets that know what can be improved to make this game better for everyone.

not some new guy that comes along an goes "ZOMGBBQ!LOL GIZ US INSTANT KILL OR THIS GAME SUCKS LOLOLOL! I NEVER EVEN SUBBED BEFORE SO MY WORD SHOULD COUNT!"

there is a bad group in every crowd. so dont just blame us vets kk?
I am very pleased with this patch also, just like ele and a few others that have replied here.

this is, ALHPA stage after all.

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-10-11 01:56   
I have no complaints... I love this game again. "I always have."

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-11 03:43   
Quote:

On 2008-10-10 21:05, xTx wrote:
after playing version 1.5 for about a week now,i can say the devs should be proud of the product they have created. darkspace is now a new game with new challenges, but it seems i am in a minority about how great this game has become. I now hear more whinning and crying about 1.5 than i did about 1.483, i think the vets should be ashamed of them selfs with their attitude towards the new darkspace, stop being so selfish. I think Faustus did go in the wrong direction in one aspect, he should be catering to new players and make the game more newb friendly and forget about trying to make ungrateful vets happy

1.483 was newb friendly, 1.5 is combat friendly QQ some more plz

Email Borgie
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-11 04:01   
1.500 is the step in the right direction and balancing issues can be taken care of now, and i fact are already.

What you must understand though: before balance changes comes playtesting.

So how about playing 1.500 for a while, hopefully with an increasing playerbase.

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-10-11 06:54   
i was new to 1.483 and i love 1.500

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-10-11 08:41   
1.5? Big thumbs-up from me, although I think some people might need to adapt the the new battlefield.

Stop jumping out all the time! You're SUPPOSED to get hulled!

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-11 11:05   
I have no opinion of 1.5 yet since I only ever played it once and that was in a Talon on release day. I think I will resub this week or next and give it a few days of dedicated play, so long as the servers are decently populated.

My only complaint, ever, about DS has been the lack of players. I really don't care much about what version, occasional lag, etc... but it is hard to enjoy a pvp combat oriented game with 4 people in the MV. Hopefully 1.5 will draw a few new people in, or some old timers back to the fold.

If we ever see server population like back in the free two week trial days, 90+ in the MV, then I am in trouble because I would likely become DS obsessed again.

Thr@wn
Cadet

Posted: 2008-10-11 14:44   
Quote:

On 2008-10-11 11:05, .spaivxx. wrote:
I have no opinion of 1.5 yet since I only ever played it once and that was in a Talon on release day. I think I will resub this week or next and give it a few days of dedicated play, so long as the servers are decently populated.

My only complaint, ever, about DS has been the lack of players. I really don't care much about what version, occasional lag, etc... but it is hard to enjoy a pvp combat oriented game with 4 people in the MV. Hopefully 1.5 will draw a few new people in, or some old timers back to the fold.

If we ever see server population like back in the free two week trial days, 90+ in the MV, then I am in trouble because I would likely become DS obsessed again.

this tbh

Fleet Admiral Busby
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-12 01:01   
rable rable rable!!!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.045479 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR