No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [IDEA]Shipyard Station
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author [IDEA]Shipyard Station
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-21 19:50   
Shipyard Station? - Personally if this was to ever be implemented, there should only be 1 to 3 of these in the entire MV, and only given access to say fleets with selected resources.

Say - In a 16 day period UGTO amass a huge resource stockpile, and are able to defend this stockpile, as well as owning a large proportion of the MV, then the fleet who put the most effort, or gained the most resources for UGTO would aquire a Shipyard Station.

I'm mainly seeing it as something if you were to invade a home system, have ships at the ready.

Or even on that note, Instead of Shipyard station, Have a Station that spawns a selected amount of AI, Have it only moveable by Wormhole and 5gu engines so fleets have to protect it, but only available when HUGE amounts of resources have been amassed, er go it wouldn't make planets less Important and provide fleets with a much needed edge when taking a home system, which I am told in the future is going to be very very hard and require multiple fleet incursions.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
t500
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-30 06:35   
what about a sy Platform?

Email t500
Lord Raiden *Super Sup*
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-01-30 07:02   
even though it sounds like a good idea, i can see it being disallowed purely for the reason of the resources required to build it..

you can only hold 5000 resources in your hold as a heavy engineer ship, a weapons platform alone costs 4000 resources and they are a third of the size of a supply ship..

so you would need like about 20000-30000 resources just to be able to build it, but as of currently there is no cargo hold in the world that could hold that much resources..

of course then you have the resources needed to build the ships...
so if the shipyard platform DID ever approved and you was hunting it in the MV.. all you would have to do is follow the trail of transport ships running back and forth between planets and the platform..

however i am done with the negative remarks.. i really do like the SY Platform idea, could open up some interesting battles in the future..
[ This Message was edited by: Lord Raiden *Blue Thunder Streak* on 2009-01-30 07:18 ]

Quote:

JBud:
Collision detection is funny huh? amazing how it can detect a tiny pcannon projectile hitting you, but a whole planet? nothing is there!

Email Lord Raiden *Super Sup*
t500
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-06 06:41   
Quote:

On 2009-01-30 07:02, Lord Raiden *Blue Thunder Streak* wrote:
even though it sounds like a good idea, i can see it being disallowed purely for the reason of the resources required to build it..

you can only hold 5000 resources in your hold as a heavy engineer ship, a weapons platform alone costs 4000 resources and they are a third of the size of a supply ship..

so you would need like about 20000-30000 resources just to be able to build it, but as of currently there is no cargo hold in the world that could hold that much resources..

of course then you have the resources needed to build the ships...
so if the shipyard platform DID ever approved and you was hunting it in the MV.. all you would have to do is follow the trail of transport ships running back and forth between planets and the platform..

however i am done with the negative remarks.. i really do like the SY Platform idea, could open up some interesting battles in the future..
[ This Message was edited by: Lord Raiden *Blue Thunder Streak* on 2009-01-30 07:18 ]

build it in 4-5 parts. and make the parts build in 5m

Email t500
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-02-07 10:30   
Good idea t500, it could almost be like a platform, except a player can dock with it and pilot it. It dose make alot of sense to build something of that size in space, because a regular shipyard couldent hold it.

[ This Message was edited by: Spirit Of Fire on 2009-02-07 19:40 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011439 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR