No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [SUGGESTION] Nebula Types (may be repost)
 Author [SUGGESTION] Nebula Types (may be repost)
Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-24 07:49   
I didnt check all the history, I know i suggested it a loooong time ago, but thats before 1.5 was even really close.

They can be named later, as I really dont see the point going that deep into it before finding out if its even possible. The first list is ones that are more likely, the second list is "I dunno if DS can do it, but would be nice"

1- Interdictor Nebula - Needs no explanation
2- Antisensor Nebula - Basically the current ones
3- Sensor Nebula - Opposite, raises your sig considerably
4- Damage Nebula - Like the ION Storm proposal, something similar to a nebula that does damage
5- Flux Nebula - A nebula that slowly does system damage.
6- Elf Nebula - I believe it is the Elf beam that sucks power. Would be similar to the elf beam/energy entity, only not quite as strong. Rather than taking all power, possibly a rate of 5/s or so.

I dont know if the following are possible
1- Flux Nebula - As above, but will do system damage with full armor/shields
2- Speed Nebula - Reduces your ability to fly effectively at sub-light speeds. Possibly a 10-30% reduction in maneuverability and speed.
3- Energy Amplification Nebula - Increases Energy weapon strength by 50%
4- Projectile Amplification Nebula - Increases Projectile weapon strength by 50%

Post your own suggestions/thoughts. I know a lot aren't really feasable, but would throw a little change into nebulae rather than just lowering sig.

The one I know some others would like is an ion storm that moved(more of a random galactic event in systems that sweeps through for a while, rather than having it just a static nebula. Makes combat encounters more interesting if an Ion storm suddenly appears nearby.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2008-10-25 05:25   
Quote:

On 2008-10-24 07:49, Julian Delphiki *P2* wrote:
I didnt check all the history, I know i suggested it a loooong time ago, but thats before 1.5 was even really close.

They can be named later, as I really dont see the point going that deep into it before finding out if its even possible. The first list is ones that are more likely, the second list is "I dunno if DS can do it, but would be nice"

1- Interdictor Nebula - Needs no explanation
2- Antisensor Nebula - Basically the current ones
3- Sensor Nebula - Opposite, raises your sig considerably
4- Damage Nebula - Like the ION Storm proposal, something similar to a nebula that does damage
(...)
6- Elf Nebula - I believe it is the Elf beam that sucks power. Would be similar to the elf beam/energy entity, only not quite as strong. Rather than taking all power, possibly a rate of 5/s or so.

(...)

I think these are some really good idea's, and i think the sensor nebula should be pretty easy to implement, and the Elf Nebula would indeed work just like the Energy Entity. I really like these:)
The Damage Nebula could perhaps just be damaging enough to counter ships self repair maybe?

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-25 09:06   
Quote:

On 2008-10-25 05:25, Sixkiller wrote:

The Damage Nebula could perhaps just be damaging enough to counter ships self repair maybe?

That would be nice, though im not sure if they can increase the damage done per armor level(larger ships would have more area exposed, so it would take more damage, but a frigate and a dread side by side, it should appear that their armor is going down at roughly the same rate.. or in the case of stopping self repair, make them both appear to be losing no armor, but also not regenerating at all).. The problem is I dont know if that is possible, plus the other factions have different speeds, and different armor types.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-29 08:20   
amazing ideas! to the devs: make it happen!

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Page created in 0.010520 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR