Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Whats up with planets?
 Author Whats up with planets?
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-27 13:37   
Well as i thougth the original idea for planets this new patch was that it would take a fleet to capture a planet? actuly this was one of the priority things about even making the new patch. Why havent this been inplented?

Today u can make a planet defenceless in about 1-2mins. You only need to take out a research and its gone. This just dont make any sence...

Then we got the damage from the planet. Today i saw a icc dessy flying around a ugto max built planet and lost under 20% shield. You can orbit an UGTO planet with a station and u wont feel a thing.

It will take about 30mins to 1 hour to cap an entire system now. I thogth the orginal idea was that it would take hours not to mention days...

So why is one of the main goals in this patch not been carried out? And when are u planing on fixing this? coz bombing has failed and it has failed big time.

AND do not start tellin what 483 was like and so on, that patch is dead, this is 1.5 so keep it that way. We all know how bad it was in 483.
[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] *P7* on 2008-10-27 13:51 ]

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-27 13:56   
I agree, though if you build planets correctly, you need to take out more, usually taking out power works. Would be much harder with a shielded planet with decent defense bases.

Def base 3 planets are almost always instantly lost because even in a bomber cruiser, go at a dome with neuts. Pop decreases, tech shortage. Then just sit 300gu away and get rid of the inf and its yours.

Nonetheless, single ships can cap an entire system right now. Shields are basically impervious without an entire fleet, but ugto/kluth planets only have def bases which makes it MUCH easier to bomb and cap(should be that way, but at least make it a challenge?)

Defense bases need to be beefed up quite a bit.

Unless you build like 20 platforms around a small planet, defense platforms dont really do anything at all to help protect planets either.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-27 14:12   
First, when its so easy to orbit an planet and all, u can just drop 4-6 infs to destroy the shield then just fly 300 gu out and start bombing it. And secundly it is only the icc that has it. But this dosnt mather as u can only bomb it with neuts just as easy.

And as i said in the first topic, u dont take out power nor domes and all that, u take out reaserch, but even if they fixed the tech bug as i call it, it would be as what u said, take out the power, its just as simple. just takes a weee bit more time.

secundly we put over 50 platfromt on bure and it didnt help. Its very easy to kill those platfroms. But ofc this help, but the platforms was never intended to be build asmuch and is a bug as i understand.

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-27 15:54   
lol I've been taking out shields no problem with a tranny full of inf set to "raze" but I guess that's just normal gameplay...

The thing that bugs ME the most, is on top of all the other stuff, planet defenses refuse to target NPC monsters...

I need to recap and repair lutyen nearly every day because CE's kill the pop, planet shuts down and rebells...

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-27 18:05   
idea: maintence tech should be 1/2 tech required to build.

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-27 18:32   
Quote:

On 2008-10-27 14:12, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] *P7* wrote:
secundly we put over 50 platfromt on bure and it didnt help. Its very easy to kill those platfroms. But ofc this help, but the platforms was never intended to be build asmuch and is a bug as i understand.

There were 43 in the server, about 35 of which(still alot) were at bure.

Also, putting supply platforms between the planet and weapon plats will help heal the weapon plats.. Took a few strike quite a while to get through

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-10-27 18:33   
Rob's got a good idea... you don't have to know how to assemble something in order to find whats broke & fix it as long as you have a good understanding of it.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Page created in 0.010795 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR