Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A Request regarding SY, planets and instant death.
 Author A Request regarding SY, planets and instant death.
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-02 22:50   
I will not ask for the name of the idiot who thought that placing moons and stuff so close to planets that they will instantly KILL ships spawning from a shipyard but i request that any planet be at least 700 GU away from any other planet.

OR you actualy manage to have the game NOT spawn your vessel inside a freaking planet.

Example? Blue ball and Little Haven. And there are more.
[ This Message was edited by: Russian Roulette with Muskets on 2008-11-02 22:52 ]

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-11-02 23:05   
And why should the devs be responsible for stupid SY placement and/or failure to check nav screen prior to spawning?

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-02 23:42   
Quote:

On 2008-11-02 23:05, Coeus wrote:
And why should the devs be responsible for stupid SY placement and/or failure to check nav screen prior to spawning?

Because they placed the planets so close to each other.

Don't give me the *&^#*#%! about it being the players fault. I cant choose which side the thing wil lspawn on after all.
The Nav map in the Ship selection screen lacks any way to accuratly measure ranges between planets. Theres also no kind of warning sign, flashing up telling you "oh noes! Sir! That station is too big and might collide with that moon sitting uncomfortably close to our world! Abort! ABORT!"
And about SY placing:
Unless it was the devs intention to create this situation, your argument is just trashtalk.

Apparently noone gave the whole spawning into planets thing a second thought when the planets were tucked together closely.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2008-11-03 00:10   
Again, you can thank the engineers that placed Shipyards on "dangerous" planets...

Anytime you choose to spawn at a "dangerous" planet, you are taking the risk in your own hands... Move your shipyards to safer worlds instead of flaming everyone else.

Email Tael
Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-11-03 07:08   
Though to be fair, some of the systems in the new MV are quite old; the more recently used systems had been tweaked to minimize the likelihood of this sort of thing. And then with the increase in planet sizes, it might have pushed some orbits a bit close together. We did not intentionally create planet+moon setups so close together to kill ships on spawn - but we do also want some variety in orbit sizes, to have more perilous clusters and some variety.

So partly it is unintended because of the map age.

But engineers should also be smart enough to not build shipyards on planets with really close moons.
And players should be smart enough to check where they're spawning to see if there are moons nearby.

I don't think you can blame it entirely on only one side.

We'll review some of the systems to make sure the distances are what we want, but some clusters may stay quite small. We expect players to review their spawning decision as well.

Email Mithrandir
Page created in 0.014423 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR