No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +39.7 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Suggestions regarding Scenario server
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Suggestions regarding Scenario server
ThunderCat [USF Andromeda][VoB]
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-11-03 04:13   
You have no idea how happy i am to see a scenario server.Hopefully people will start playing there more often because the main idea of a scenario server, in my oppinion, is balanced fleets.
Altho there is a problem, the SY.I suggest that either :
1. All ships can be spawned from the jumpgate.
2. All ships spawn from SY, but SY can be built faster and they cost less resurces
3. All ships spawn from SY, but SY is already built on a set planet instead of the jumpgate
4. I noticed that scenarios are 1 hour longer now, so why not make that extra hour a "no attacking" time where each side can build and cap planets (by cap i mean yellow planets that havent already been landed with infantry)

These are my suggestions for a better scenario server. More are welcomed and i would appriciate comments on the ones i`ve mentioned.

Have a nice day.

Email ThunderCat [USF Andromeda][VoB]
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-11-03 04:15   
It'll probably be taken down - don't get used to it.

The game is no-longer designed for it. Don't except changes to be made to scenario, when our focus is on the metaverse.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2008-11-03 04:16 ]

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-03 08:08   
Quote:

On 2008-11-03 04:15, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

The game is no-longer designed for it. Don't except changes to be made to scenario, when our focus is on the metaverse.

Unless you plan on finding a way to make the mv more newbie friendly, it seems like that will just end up causing a lot of people not to sub because they cant get anywhere.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-11-03 08:17   
metaverse.darkspace.net Metaverse : Sagittarius 4 / 100
metaverse.darkspace.net Metaverse : Ursa Minor (Newbie) 1 / 100
metaverse.darkspace.net Metaverse : Ursa Major (K'Luth) 1 / 100
metaverse.darkspace.net Metaverse : Cassiopeia (ICC) 1 / 100
metaverse.darkspace.net Metaverse : Lacerta (UGTO) 0 / 100

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2008-11-03 08:17 ]

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-11-03 09:22   
Quote:

On 2008-11-03 08:17, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
metaverse.darkspace.net Metaverse : Sagittarius 4 / 100
metaverse.darkspace.net Metaverse : Ursa Major (K'Luth) 1 / 100
metaverse.darkspace.net Metaverse : Cassiopeia (ICC) 1 / 100
metaverse.darkspace.net Metaverse : Lacerta (UGTO) 0 / 100

Metaverse : Ursa Minor (Newbie)

I don't get it?

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-03 10:15   
Well, by your reply I assumed you meant taking that out as well As its not technically part of the metaverse.

Anyways knowing this(admitting I made a mistake), I agree with jack.. We dont really need scenario servers.. With the way DS has evolved..

I had a filter on the servers set to "Darkspace" so I didnt notice the admiral.darkspace.net server. Not seeing that, I made an assumption(a mistake).

Hmm apparently it wasnt the filter's fault.. DS isnt auto-updating the server list like it used to for me(settings say 60)
[ This Message was edited by: Julian Delphiki *P2* on 2008-11-03 10:18 ]

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-03 10:38   
I want scenario servers, they provide a fresh, quick paced bit of fun, instead of the huge metaverse, It's like the arcade version of the Darkspace.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-03 10:44   
Quote:

On 2008-11-03 10:38, Little Pet Slinki wrote:
I want scenario servers, they provide a fresh, quick paced bit of fun, instead of the huge metaverse, It's like the arcade version of the Darkspace.

It would be fun, I agree, but we need to get everything else squared away with the mv and 1.5 in general before working on scenario servers(as there are quite a bit of changes that need to be made with em.. Including what thundercat mentioned.

Wouldnt be a bad thing to have, but should probably get everything else squared away first?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-03 11:04   
Quote:

On 2008-11-03 09:22, $yTHe {C?} wrote:

I don't get it?

I agree, should be spelled correctly.

metaverse.darkspace.net Metaverse : Ursa Minor (Noobie) 1 / 100

Much better.

Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2008-11-03 17:03   
Quote:

On 2008-11-03 04:15, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2008-11-03 04:16 ]

ok jack heres how this happened

i talked to faustus last night for about an hour about this and basically this is what was said

Me:Hey Faust theres been something on my mind since 1.5 hit and myself resubbing

Him: Whats on your mind?

Me: I've been talking with alot of the older players as well as some of the new. and there has been a building movement of the want/need of the scenario server back.

Him: I want to point the game in a new direction. I'm currently working on a AI system which includes massive fights within the MV.

Him: That being said I have nothing against having the scenario server.

Me: Thats pretty cool I can't wait for that to hit. But if i may bring up a few points to which alot of us have been talking about.

Him: Shoot.

Me: Well I'll start with the newer people. After they finish the tutorial they get basically thrown into a HUGE game. with little to no knowledge of how to actually play. they sit there in frigates trying to take on a 2 station 3 dread fleet. Easily die and easily say "this game sucks". It also allows them to get a good handle on all 3 classes without being known as a "faction hopper"

On the flip side yes i know the newbie mv is in place but it rarely has anyone in it. on top of that there is more or less 0 people in the server who has any real knowledge of the game seeing as how were in the "real" MV in our 2 station 3 dread grouping.

Secondly: Alot of the old players origionally got hooked on this game not because of the MV at the time but because of the scenario server. It was a place we could go for a few hours and not wait for this that and the other thing to happen in order to attack bomb cap or defend. we could just go in pick a ship and go at it. not to mention winning or losing the map.

Him: Yea its a good feeling to win a hard faught match.

Me: Thirdly. What could having the scenario server being up hurt besides a few planets in the mv getting capped or not capped. It's not like it puts anything on hold or does any harm in and of itself.

Lastly: I know there would be a good number of vets who will sub or stay subbed because of there being more than one option of faction/game to be played. You could go in with your friends/fleet into the mv and mix it up or you can come in with how many ever people are in 1 server in the same system going at it together instead of 3 in this server 15 in that server which has 8 in one system and 3 in the other system ect ect ect.

Him: You win its up

Me: OMG REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

so basically my friends. there is no reason why the server should ever be taken down. it doesnt hurt helps newer people and frankly. you can play a game it doesnt take 4 months to win just for an MV reset

and to you jack. talk to me in whispers if you have an issue about any of this

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-11-03 17:38   
Now all we need is one of those suggestions and to get people in the server.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-11-03 17:54   
And on the flip side, we've implimented basicly everything into the MV from scenario. You can spawn in the MV, from shipyards, and do anything you want instead of having to treck 5-15 minutes from a start point in 1.480.

You say "You can jump in and do whatever". There's no reason you can't do that in the MV. I follow Faustus on what he said - I agree, the MV is where the game should head and not with scenario.

Just because a handful of you want scenario back, doesn't mean it's any greater than the people who think the large MV is much better.

It's a rubbish, crappy game-type that has no place in an MMO, and suits Counter Strike more.

All of your reasoning for scenario, has no been implimented into the MV, as I said above. It is just as easy to hop into the MV and start something as it is in scenario. If there are issues with newbies going straight into the MV and doing stuff, then thats something we need to address in the MV by going forward - not going backwards to a broken game type, and broke mechanics that I can't see many devs wanting to work to fix.

Scenario does NOTHING for the game, except feed the old players who refuse to adapt. It further splits the player base, which is in my opinion, the worst thing you can do to a game with a playerbase this size, and the entire point of a persistant universe is that it's just that - persistant.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2008-11-03 18:02 ]

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-03 18:30   
The short games of scenario are much more entertaining then the long dragged out hours of the MV

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-11-03 18:46   
I- essentially- agree with Jack. The scenario server is ostensibly a short, fast-paced version of the MV. As far as I can tell, it's actually a single system from the MV that resets every few hours, which means that you either have to fight in frigates and transports, or spend- literally, as I experienced in one match- the entire game attempting to get a larger ship, which you might not even get to field before the game ends due to capping or time.

True, the fight is concentrated in a smaller region, so you get more contacts, but if people in the MV actually established a front line rather than just spawning in people's home clusters and bypassing the defenders, you could get a similar concentration in the MV.

Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-11-03 18:53   
Quote:

On 2008-11-03 18:46, Gejaheline wrote:
I- essentially- agree with Jack. The scenario server is ostensibly a short, fast-paced version of the MV. As far as I can tell, it's actually a single system from the MV that resets every few hours, which means that you either have to fight in frigates and transports, or spend- literally, as I experienced in one match- the entire game attempting to get a larger ship, which you might not even get to field before the game ends due to capping or time.

True, the fight is concentrated in a smaller region, so you get more contacts, but if people in the MV actually established a front line rather than just spawning in people's home clusters and bypassing the defenders, you could get a similar concentration in the MV.

I take it you`ve never played a scenario back in the old days, nor have you read my first post.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020494 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR