No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [SUGGESTION]Long-Range Core Weapon
 Author [SUGGESTION]Long-Range Core Weapon
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-01-02 16:51   
Warning: Lots Of Text. Hope you don't mind.

Now i know myself, and many other players are left with a sour taste in our mouths when we read the names of the Ion Cannon, Singularity Cannon, or Stellar Incinerator. For those of us who remember their power and the fear that came with them, it is hard to get used to the "Upgraded" core weapons all the players now haft to use. I know it is a balancing act to keep all weapons and stats in check, and this probably sounds impossible right now, But i think it would be a beneficial step to restore the Real Core Weapons to their former glory.

For even now it saddens me when i fire at even a scout with one of these "core weapons" it only brings shame to the weapons name. So this is what i think would be a innovative plan B. If not to bring back the Core weapons to what they where, the dreadful, fear striking, weapons of mass destruction that they once where, then why not make a new type of weapon, something that dose not haft to measure up to the force of the old Core Weapons, but would bring back their honor to them.

Something that could instill that dreadful feeling when you saw one fired or hit a target, something that could fill the gap that is missing with the "Heavy Capital Ships" weaponry. Something like, as in the title: A Long-Range Core Weapon. These weapons would not haft to do the same damage as the old weapons, But would more them make up for it in the range they could have. It could bring a whole new dimension to the Stand-Offs battles, Or even small to large scale skirmishes.

This weapon is still just an idea, but here are some things that would go into it (From what i think)

Fire rate would haft to be slow and there may even be a charge-up sequence.

As stated before, The weapon would need to make considerable range. Just off the top of my head something like 2000-2300 gu. But could not fire if the target got within say 700-1000 gu.

And although These weapons would need to be powerful, dose not mean they need an immense splash damage. Something that would have a punch to it, but wouldn't decimate every scout within a 500 gu range.

And it would need to have considerable energy draw, so it would be a tactical move to use it, not just mash the space bar until something goes boom!

It would have low ammunition(is ammunition driven) and the reload for the ammunition recharge for it would slow- to moderate.

The speed for the round its self would need to be significant, sense it would be an unguided weapon, it would need to make sure to have a chance of hitting its target before the target moves.

This weapon is probably intended for only large scale encounters, with other capital ships and stations. It would unfeasible to try to use this weapon on anything smaller them a cruiser because anything else would move to fast or be to small and evade it.

Ok, sorry for dropping this much text for a single weapon design, but i do think that it would only benefit DS and its community as a whole.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-04 18:09   
I just had a thought when reading this, lets say the weapon was like a (for ICC) an EMP weapon. Saying that it has a charge up( arround 5-6 sec), then fires REALLY fast( but not so fast that it can catch a cruiser), then when it hits(say a dread, not a station, there to big) it nocks the ships to one side causing very little damage to armour, but completly shuts down all wepons, shields, engines,etc... all off it. Leaving the ship dead in space for the kill. Now the weapon would have a cool-down of atleast 20-25 sec, or atleast as-long as a stations JD.

Now for K'luth, it could be like a beam weapon, like say a 10gu long beams that shoots out as fast as the above weapon, but say it completly destroys the armour arc on the side that it hits, goes through the ship,(for stations puts the hull at around 75-80%, Dreads at around 50-75%) and out the other side, destroys that arc and disipates( only on a dread, station to big). Now say it has a 5-10sec warm-up, and a 30-40sec cool-down.

As for UGTO, i have no idea! I guesse just somthing simalar to the QST just stronger???

Email -Shadowalker-™
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 22:33   
very well done walker, i like that idea a lot. it would really emphasize to factions strong points, and what they are suppose to be all about!

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-04 23:11   
UGTO are the EMP Faction, so they'd get that.
K'luth would get the beam.

And knowing the devs, ICC would get something that'd repair the enemy ships while damaging other ICC.

Email Supertrooper
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-05 00:32   
There ya go crim, dang they should let you on the dev team or something, you got the right state of mind

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-05 09:02   
inb4 wave motion canon.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-06 11:47   
Quote:

On 2009-01-04 23:11, Crim {Fear?} wrote:

funny , ugto heavy beams make more damage then kluth assault distruptor. Only Assault distruptor has a little more range than heavy beam.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-01-06 12:16   
depends on the distance pakhos, AD damage is fixed, HCL damage has falloff from range, so real close, HCL wins, but at max distance, AD wins.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-06 14:32   
Quote:

On 2009-01-06 11:47, Pakhos wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-01-04 23:11, Crim {Fear?} wrote:

funny , ugto heavy beams make more damage then kluth assault distruptor. Only Assault distruptor has a little more range than heavy beam.

Games mostly geared towards UGTO, even in damage. But the only reason AssRuptors can be considred better would be that they have no falloff.

Email Supertrooper
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-06 22:18   
Oh Noes, that means that they will put the weapon in the game, only for the UGTO!

I really i could be scarcastic about this, but really, its exactly how it is looking.

Page created in 0.012778 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR