No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [SUGGESTION]Stations have dictor field
 Author [SUGGESTION]Stations have dictor field
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-01-03 17:22   
Now, now, before you get out your pitch forks & torches hear me out.
Now i was having a talk about DS with a friend, and the point that always keep coming up is that well yes, the ICC is the defensive faction- Range based faction, all that goes out the window once an EAD or mandie point jump you and blow you up in 3-4 alpha's, the whole defensive- long-range thing goes out the window.

Now what i am getting at is this, sense the station is suppose to be for support purposes, why not give it a dictor field. Not one that is huge like 1000 gu, but something that would effectively stop ships from jumping in and insta killing what ever is around the station. Something that would be the rough size of maybe 350-500 gu i think would be very fair. As so it would not be stealing the role of the mobile dictor field, but can still offer up some protection to the point jump. It would be understandable that it may take up a moderate amount of energy so the station would most likely haft to be stationary to use it effectively.

The reason i am saying this is that ya, its great that the ICC are constantly getting more shields and armor, it wont hold up to 5 shots from a EAD, AD, or mandie, If they jump in 10 gu away and just smash at the space-bar.

Ok, that all i have to say for now, now you can get out your pitch forks and torches. I have said my peace.

Deadly Assassin
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-04 06:34   
I agree with him, but something will have to be done if for example UGTO station spam...perhaps the closer you are to another friendly station the lower the interdiction field?

spatula
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 14:27   
if the distance of the field is less 1k then that merely gives u a few extra seconds before the ships move right next to you before you get the full alpha, at the ranges you suggested everything except normal disrupters (elf too?) would hit either right after jump or withing a few seconds. As for EAD/AD, it would be pretty effective because of damage falloff at longer ranges, but only nerfing EAD/AD would be pretty unfair. I think dictor fields that effect all ships (including user) would make sense, maybe put it on same cooldown as JD to prevent jumping and then dictoring, making it defensive

Email spatula
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-01-04 17:36   
i like both of your ideas a lot, makes sense to make sure stations cant spam dictor fields.would be really cool to see that in beta.

Page created in 0.007381 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR